Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes (27510 Views)

Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Naira Scarcity Worsens As Banks Limit Withdrawals, ATMs Run Dry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2023
There’s nothing wrong with opay.. I’ve been using it
azraeljaheel:
this country dey on a free fall. feels like nothing is working.

please why is nobody saying about opay.. for like days now you cant do anything with The account. money sent to you wont drop and even if you try sending out The Person wont recieve it..

this thing is really tiring i swaer.. hunger Don nearly kill me

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by reddingtonblack: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2023
Ishilove:
Una never taya. When una don taya, una go know wetin to do

yiimu !! Like say she get passport of her own... 🤭

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Spanki(f): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2023
dre11:
•Banking halls, ATMs deserted •We’re expecting fresh supplies, say DMBs

https://sunnewsonline.com/customers-groan-as-banks-exhaust-old-new-naira-notes-2/

I have never witnessed this kind of evil before... This is pure evil!!! A faceless cashless Policy!!!

3 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2023
See what igbo man is costing us, Emefiele just because of his greed and personal interest. He is wrongly advising Buhari.

No to an Igbo leadership, they should only lead themselves, thank God we didn't make such mistake by voting for Obi.
Emefiele have killed more lives than Buhari with his painful and wicked policy.
I have not eating, no cash and no network for USSD bank transfer on GTB for 1week now.

Emefiele may God punish all your decendants and all the people that speak your kind of tribe. Your existence and your lineage was a great mistake
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by dododawa1: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2023
Why are EMEFELIE and BUHARI family,can their advice them NIGERIANS are suffering.
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by reddingtonblack: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2023
Confirm4real:
I'm happy because, those that voted for APC again to continue from where Buhari will stop will also enjoy the suffering.

Is God not wonderful grin

What about those that were celebrating Buhari and Emeifele as horoes of democracy becos they stupidly and foolishly presume it will stop Tinubu vote buying and favour there sudden Messiah.
When sensible nigerian were criticizing the policy, did obedient not call Nigerians wailers, when APC governors went to court was it not Obi and is supporters that were defending Buhari ... Tinubu no buy vote he still win then one unfortunate Obedient wants to turn around and blame APC. these 2023 is an eye opener that there are many yabaleft patient online esp. on twitter

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by eben97: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2023
tuoyoojo:
See as our institutions nor get levels

Supreme Court gave an order, buhari ignore am and absolutely nothing happened with no repercussions

Let's brace up, this scarcity may continue till May when a new transition occurs

Buhari is not yet thru dealing with Nigerians
honestly, i do not understand d kind of soap this president uses on daily routine.good luck never went this bad b4 the likes of tinubu n atiku started attacking his govt way back.they were part of d cabals then that nicknamed him clueles,but see this system go this way n even d nas assembly can not bark !

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by remsonik(f): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Since this cash scarcity starts its been a blessing in disguise for some Nigerians and low income earners like me. It has really helped me manage how I spend my money wisely.. I don't pay for my wants anymore only my needs. In shops where I buy foodstuffs I pay with transfer, brt bus I enter mostly this days cos I have the card with money on it.

I have had 15k cash on me since 2 weeks ago and left with 5k

4 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by owunabastard: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Nigerians also love suffering. Since SC announced the legality of old 500 and 1000. I expect Nigerians to embrace and accept it. But what we see, are people rejecting it and waiting for Buhari or Emefile to talk first.
We are are yet not hungary, let Nigerians continue to wait for Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by FireUpNow(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2023
sukkot:
i am now comfortable with this cashless thing. havent had any physical money in over 2 weeks now
Buhari first
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by whatmoreng: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2023
sukkot:
i am now comfortable with this cashless thing. havent had any physical money in over 2 weeks now
and your bank app has been working seamlessly? You pay for EVERY transactions including short transport fares electronically?

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by mychelyte(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2023
ImoleNaija:
Odaju ni Emefiele yi. I don buy cash tire from POS agents.

I withdraw my support for the Naira redesign, abeg.

I think it's high time we directed our grievances to the CBN branches & not the common banks.
No just withdraw o,no try am! U no see as Tinubu dey suffer am ni? He no see money chop sef Eeyah!
Sebi na una dey talk say e good,na d best thing,Tinubu go suffer...I laugh in Chinese! Political bigots.
For your information, #700 to get 2k now,na so I collect am yesterday!
You send #2k dem give you #1,300 or you kuku send #2,700 collect #2k!
I bought #250k for #325k, #75k of hard earned money gone just like that.

Chai Tinubu dey really suffer,!

I dey pray make 29th of may come quick ni so that Asiwaju could deliver us the masses from this hardship Bull-harry inflicted on the less privileged Nigerians.
Before you quote me,I'm not a political party fanatic like you o,likewise I'm not blind folded with politics like you! I'm not.. So use your sense before you quote me!

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by olumide4christ: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
I'm so tired and fed up with this country.

The higgledy-piggledy nature of Nigeria is worrisome

But I thought you supported the policy in it's entirety from the beginning, thinking it would stop vote buying and you attacked those who opposed it.

Please don't complain...enjoy it while it lasts because you supported it all because of politics!

We're all in this quagmire together...those of us who opposed the policy and you who supported it.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2023
This CBN current administrative lead by Emefiele is just too wicked and incentive to be plight of the masses.

Since it's obvious they don't have enough new notes to care for our transactional needs, why can't they comply with the Supreme Court directives that both old and new notes should be running together at least for the meantime.

Pure act of wickedness

4 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
Godwin Emefiele will go down in history as the worst cbn governor Nigeria ever had. What stopped him from printing new notes or disbursing the old notes that has been retracted to the cbn. He should continue accompanying Buhari to every International outing as his official side chick. Buhari wont remain in power forever. Dasuki and Jonathan come to mind
when you translate from Arabic to English
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Ade1177: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2023
sukkot:
i dont have that problem at all. my only initial problem was zenith network always failing at POS point but now i just use my firstbank card

Zenith ke

I have moved all and I mean every kobo out of that bank

And never again

Those guys embarrassed me and disgraced me

With my own money
Ussd didn't work
Bank app didn't open
Zenith card not working

No credit alert

People still using that bank must be super rich and dont care about withdrawing money urgently
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by olibeans: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2023
Chei, na so naija take die 🙆‍♂️
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by olumide4christ: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2023
ImoleNaija:

I think it's high time we directed our grievances to the CBN branches & not the common banks.

Oh! So you supported it all this while, Abi? You thought it would curb vote buying and all the other gimmicks Emefiele sold to you.

Well, you need not complain but enjoy it while it lasts! Hopefully, when Tinubu comes in May 29th, there will be a change and some respite.

Ndo ooo!

3 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by God1000(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2023
olumide4christ:

But I thought you supported the policy in it's entirety from the beginning, thinking it would stop vote buying and you attacked those who opposed it.

Please don't complain...enjoy it while it lasts because you supported it all because of politics!

We're all in this quagmire together...those of us who opposed the policy and you who supported it.
Lol, but I didn't support it wholeheartedly then, I even expressed my reservation as well

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by sukkot: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2023
whatmoreng:
and your bank app has been working seamlessly? You pay for EVERY transactions including short transport fares electronically?
well initially I had that problem where hunger would be dealing with my stomach and I would walk to the chicken republic near me and my card would get rejected because zenith bank network is so useless and I would have to walk all the way back home in severe stomach pains because of intense hunger then when I get home I would just settle for drinking garri. This happened the first two weeks but then I decided to switch to my firstbank card and have never had that problem again. The firstbank card goes very fast without network problems. Oh and I don’t enter public transportation. I drive
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Albertone(m): 11:50am On Mar 10, 2023
ImoleNaija:

Restrict your grievances online though.
If you go there, those mopol I saw are not smiling. grin

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Ganjafama(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2023
Adeneeyee84:
After now the igbos will be claiming the country is structure to marginalised them, see what Emefiele their brother is making my eye to see for this country since January 2023. Emefiele wherever u dey for today na Ogun and Sanpona go kill u there in Jesus mighty name
Is Emefiele the president? He is just a servant, he does anything his master Buhari asks him to do so, if you want to blame anyone, blame Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by mychelyte(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2023
olumide4christ:

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by panpan(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2023
The National Assembly should call Godwin Emefiele, and ask what steps he has taken to comply with the Supreme Court's ruling.
If Godwin Emefiele does not give a satisfactory answer, then the National Assembly should vote to remove him from office.
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by sukkot: 11:59am On Mar 10, 2023
Ade1177:

Zenith ke

I have moved all and I mean every kobo out of that bank

And never again

Those guys embarrassed me and disgraced me

With my own money
Ussd didn't work
Bank app didn't open
Zenith card not working

No credit alert

People still using that bank must be super rich and dont care about withdrawing money urgently
lol yeah zenith has been useless during this period. It has disgraced me many times. Get to the cashier and card is not going, USsd not working and no alerts like you said. Just a useless network they have. Firstbank has been good. One time I was on the queue and hunger was destroying my stomach so I ate one of the bananas I was going to pay for on the queue and when it got to my turn zenith refused to work. I had to report myself to the cashier that I ate one of the banana because I operate a zero karma policy meaning I try with all the fibre of my being not to break any spiritual laws. THOU SHALL NOT STEAL. So I reported myself to the cashier and she took me to the manager lmao who totally understood and let me go. So that zenith network has disgraced me well well lmao

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by ofuonyebi: 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
EMEFIELE...decided to look for what will make him popular than any governor that ever existed in Nigeria

He decided to rope Buhari into his plan of action and got him cheap-cheap

Now, the boomerang of his popularity everywhere everyday...was the the cash crunch ropes on the neck of innocent Nigerians...

but just one day...all these EMEFIELE and his CBN wahala would be no more!

it is a matter of time from now!

3 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by yaki84: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
Godwin Emefiele will go down in history as the worst cbn governor Nigeria ever had. What stopped him from printing new notes or disbursing the old notes that has been retracted to the cbn. He should continue accompanying Buhari to every International outing as his official side chick. Buhari wont remain in power forever. Dasuki and Jonathan come to mind
U dey fear to mention bUhari name?

Cbn wasnt dragged to court by the govrs, na fed govt them carry go court.

It is bbuhari that suppose to mandate the CBN to act accordingly.
Lets learn to direct our angst to the right channel.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by olumide4christ: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
mychelyte:

God bless you!

God bless you, too!

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by RaptorX: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
sukkot:
You don japa from the UK?
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by Heavensent01(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
if by now one of the CBN branch had gotten the anger of Nigerians this m0ron igbo bald headed man would have do the right thing

foolish people in government
Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by mychelyte(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ganjafama:
Is Emefiele the president? He is just a servant, he does anything his master Buhari asks him to do so, if you want to blame anyone, blame Buhari.
Exactly!!! People were just shouting Emefiele up & down.
When your superior officer/commanding officer gives an order,dem no born you well to disobey it! Not to talk of the President! He has the say,he's the Commandant in Chief of All Armed Forces!
Also,na dem dey chose/install Chief Justice (CJN), Senate President, Speaker of the house of Reps, Inspector General, Chief of Army Staff,e.t.c...

3 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As Banks Exhaust Old, New Naira Notes by yaki84: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
On monday we would have known our fate as citizens concerning this cash crunch, but PO and AA shifted the hopedaytill 20th..

Since monday, no banks in calabar have paid any customers cash.

We havent used the Atm for more than 2weeks now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.