Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! (24256 Views)

Come In And Pick Any Of Our Designs For Your Next Building Project / Let's Design Your Next Building / Detailed Description Of The Contents Of Boq/building Cost Estimate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by Aduke96: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
chatinent:
I personally feel parapet is a waste of money. Shit is very expensive.

I was saying exactly yesterday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by Nasige(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
DaniellaDokubo:
Over time I came to realize these are some of the way to reduce or manage building cost. See them stated briefly below.

Please feel free to critic or contribute.

1. Purchase most of your building materials upfront if possible. Especially the ones that can not be stolen easily.
2. Prefer minimalistic designs. But wider exterior with lots of greenery. You will thank me forever on this...haha
3. Avoid unnecessary shoot outs, corners etc. Yes it adds to its modern look but has no added functional purpose.
4. Compromise on materials that are easily replaceable ...lol. This is a hard swallow but I said what I said. Things like wall and floor tiles, paint quality etc. But never on manpower or structural items like columns, beams, cement mix, building level, wood for roof etc.
5. During design stage group toilets and other utilities close to each and let them share the same wall. This will reduce the number of pipes flying everywhere. It has post construction benefits for maintenance reasons too.
6. If possible, allow for cross ventilated spaces and wider or multiple windows or entrance. it permits smaller spaces to be comfortable or habitable especially meeting the cooling load.
7. By extension of No. 6 use bright coloured paint coatings to reduce heat adsorption on the exterior as it also gives an impression of space.

Bonus Point
8. If your land size is wide and erosion is not an issue, use carpet grasses and some horticultural plants to cover the open spaces rather than flooring entirely.

Namaste...
Especially number 3 point, corners will make your building look beautiful no doubts but when it comes to roofing and plastering you will understand, I am speaking from experience. I was so happy seeing my structure looking beautiful after block work, it was when I got estimate for roofing that I pity myself.
Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by Emmanuel909090: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
Nice read
Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by GloriousGbola: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
okoloto:
Na contractors dey make building very expensive. If you can build yourself hiring workers directly, you will be surprise the amount of money that you will save.

It is called direct labour and it is how you get Ikoyi towers collapsing on your head.

A lot of developers are engaging in it and it is a dangerous save money now transfer cost to the renter later plan
Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by rafcrown(m): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
The product is available if you search well.He should be able to tell you how he managed to get his own.It depends on your location.If you are located near Lagos/OGUN YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM. yOU CANT BELIEVE THAT IT IS EVEN BULLET PROOF IF PUT IN SOLID FORM.
Temmzz:
Thanks. You've raised great and highly useful points. I've been thinking about using mud/clay instead of the conventional 9 & 11 inches block. There's a friend's place I visited recently and I figured how cool his room is. He told me later on that the entire building is built with red mud/clay.

I'm unsure if this brick/clay is accessible in large quantities today. But I'll definitely make research and inquiries when the need for it arises.

1 Like

Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by DaniellaDokubo(f): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
seborrhic:

Not 1,not one practical idea in this write-up.
Just a essay on theoretical,impractical,if not outrightly pedestrian ideas on how to reduce cost
I could dissect and throw out each one of them,but will just prolong this post.
But for 1 for eg, so you buy cement and keep fearing that the price will go up in future?
8,you use carpet grasses and horticultural plants.So these things maintain themselves,they don't need maintenance?
Let me just stop here before I lose my temper again after that lost during the elections.

Yes and logistics is the main consideration. Please prove me wrong again.

1 Like

Re: 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! by QuinModah(f): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2023
wink
DaniellaDokubo:

Yes and logistics is the main consideration. Please prove me wrong again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant / President Buhari reacts to school building collapse in Lagos Island / Bungalow House Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.