Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. (43762 Views)

Fayemi Dances To 'Buga' Song While Celebrating Tinubu’s Victory (Pix, Video) / Jubilation In Lagos Market Over Tinubu’s Victory At APC Primaries (Video) / Error In Tinubu’s APC Revalidation Slip (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Doyou2019: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Goke7:
Bad losers are too much in our polity especially after embarking on a toxic campaign
Miserable supporters of election riggers are but a few but they make the most noise on Social Media. They're just as corrupt and morally bankrupt as their thieving politicians.
Can't expect an iota of morals from an urchin.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by xukwaa: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
What legal issues? Show me a write up on the legal issues in Buhari's victories in 2015 and 2019.....North are ever united but the South remains divided...just because a Yoruba man won, we no go hear word ...Dem born una well to write this nonsense if Atiku had won?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by IBUYFiVERRACCT2: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
shocked shocked shocked

I need old inactive fiverr seller accounts send me a WhatsApp message through the number on my signature
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Mylove55(f): 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
eeetuk:
" nator Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress has been declared the winner of the 2023 presidential election, but with his failure to win 25 per cent of the votes in the Federal Capital Territory, many fear this could provide sufficient grounds for his opponents to challenge his victory, Alex Emunah writes"

There is nothing strategic ambiguity here!
Bola Tinubu did not win 2023 presidential election. He failed to win 25% of votes in the Federal capital of Nigeria, Abuja. The 1999 constitution of Nigeria is very clear on who is elected president of Nigeria and who doesn't. Win popular votes, win 25% in 24 states and win 25 % of votes in Abuja, then, you are elected president of Nigeria.

So, my advice to Atiku Abubakar is prepare for run-off election. This case is going to the Supreme Court and the Supreme Court will rule that no one won the presidency of Nigeria based on February 25,2023 results.

Who wants to bet on this?
please I'm overzealous to bet
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Doyou2019: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Gaabasky:
U guys are still holding to unrealistic hope. APC has won n won well.

You can't say you've won a game unless you can truthfully say that you played fair and square. . Didn't your mum teach you that?
Oh I forgot..... another urchin!
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by meetme01: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
abbey621:

I think most people arguing about this are not using common sense and yes, the Supreme Court will decide but it's going to be a fairly easy decision for APC. If you can read up about why the USA treats Washington D.C like a state when it comes to electoral collage, you'll see it is the same system the Electoral Act tried to follow, it's pretty simple for people not looking to cause mischief!

Noted for more research
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Legendguy(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Spirit04:
there's nothing confusing about it. If LP mention that thing in court I swear the judge will burst into hysterical laughter. Here is the thing, if you open the constitution and read it you will see that anywhere 36 states of the Federal Republican of Nigeria is mentioned they also write and the FCT. Reason is this, FCT is not a state but it has all the privileges of a state. It's not a state in the sense that it doesn't have a governor and a House of Assembly but it gets all the privileges of every other state. So if you get 25% in 23 states and FCT you are good to go. FCT will represent the 24th state.

Even a baby will comprehend this requirements
We are talking about 24 states while you noted 23
2/3 of 36 States And the FCT
Fact isn't a state as it don't have national assembly, it the seat if federal power with a minister as the head, he doesn't have commissioners.
Well, lets wait for supreme court
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by ASHLAND(m): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/

"With APC not getting 25% in FCT, will there be a runoff? (corrected)"

https://www.thecable.ng/with-apc-not-getting-25-in-fct-will-there-be-a-runoff/amp

The people that wrote the constitution did so for personal reasons and to rig in the future .
Abuja election result should not by any justification the determinant to choose a President. Is either it stand as a state or completely eliminated.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Gentew(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/with-apc-not-getting-25-in-fct-will-there-be-a-runoff/amp

do you mean I will still be denied of winning a presidential election even if I win in 35states but failed to have 25% in FCT

Obi supporters will not stop amazing me.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Stubborn82: 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
FCT is considered as a state in the new electoral law, which means that if you have 25% votes in 24 states and 25% in FCT, that means you have fulfilled the requirements of the law, also, if you have 25% votes in 25 states without having 25% votes in FCT, you have also fulfilled the requirements of the law as a winner.
While Peter Obi was concerned about having the highest votes Tinubu and Atiku were busy negotiating for 25% votes in every states.
Politics is a profession, no be by popular opinion, Tinubu is a Jagaban in his profession, hate him or leave him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by 0monnak0da: 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
Emmyxclusive:
I honestly don't know how to interpret AND in English but mathematically or in computing, once AND is involved, both conditions must be true or met. Logically True and True = true
True and False = False.
Tinubu's case is True and False.
But I think we should just chill and let the Oldman do his tenure, maybe he will do well. I wish it was Obi Sha
So in mathematics
If it is said
A man died and in his will it is said
Divide my property equally among my four sons and one daughter

Does that mean the four sons get one half and the daughter gets the other half?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Toks2008(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Spirit04:
there's nothing confusing about it. If LP mention that thing in court I swear the judge will burst into hysterical laughter. Here is the thing, if you open the constitution and read it you will see that anywhere 36 states of the Federal Republican of Nigeria is mentioned they also write and the FCT. Reason is this, FCT is not a state but it has all the privileges of a state. It's not a state in the sense that it doesn't have a governor and a House of Assembly but it gets all the privileges of every other state. So if you get 25% in 23 states and FCT you are good to go. FCT will represent the 24th state.

You mean 25% in 24 states and the FCT making 25 states.

24 is twothird of 36 states and the FCT making it 25 states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by wallarwallar(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
Xscape1993:
Everything about this man is questionable. I don't know why. I know they will definitely turn the law upside down. Nigerians will not be in this mess if the evil party had given their to Osinbajo, Amaechi or Fayemi.

Mumini

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by omowolewa: 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Joapotu:
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu

When I look at how Peter Obi rejected everything, including his gratuity, I realized Voting Obi is the sensible thing to do

But as a professional tribal bigot and naturally wicked, utterly hopeless and irredeemable Urchin, I still voted BAT

Thank you! They voted BAT oo o
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by basty: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dunce:
2/3 of 36 States including FCT . Is FCT not a state of the federation?

24 States which APC secured or more is it not more than 2/3 of States of the federation.

What it terms is of the 36 States including FCT, a presidential candidate must secure 2/3 of 36 states.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by DenreleDave(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Beremx:
I was trying to explain that part of the constitution to a friend and i ended up being confused myself.
English language seems to be a very difficult one to understand.
Let Supreme Court interpret the constitution abeg before English scatter my brain 😐😐😐
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by sunboy(m): 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
iichidodo:
Because if they did then they have implicated themselves as to the fact that the election was free and fair..As long they hold out, thiefffnubu mandate will be very shaky and if the supreme court ruled in his favor, LP and PDP can always use the other bullet...25% for FCT...So thiefffnubu has a long way to go to legitimize and consolidate his mandate

By then he would have finished his 4years.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by egoldman(m): 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
It was sent to INEC server at real time

Do you know what we do not know?

Can you show evidence the results were not send to INEC server at real time?

Do you live in Mars or Nigeria?
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by ogwumgbe: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Spirit04:

Story for the gods, even a primary school pupil understands that getting 25% in 2/3 and FCT means that you are required to get 25% in 24 States, in addition get 25% in FCT too, there's no useless logic nor flawed interpretation to subvert this, it's clear as ABC, Tinubu is not the winner of the election, that INEC chairman is a stark illiterate of the law and was blinded by billions giving to him to upturn people's mandate, he's in on a very bad quagmiric law journey. Idiot bastard chimpanzee illiterate stinking elephant
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Echoban: 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
sekundosekundo:

They promised to send it at real time and they failed to do so.

Where in the Constitution or electoral act did they promise u this??
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Supersymetry: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
First know that "FCT is not a state", "And" fct means that fct is now it's own set because fct cannot be a state = {(36 States)+(fct)}. Combination of FCT with 36 states into 37 States makes fct to become a normal state.
Eg someone tells you to cut off at least 25% fur from 2/3 of the 36 sheep and the goat, even if you cut off the fur from the 36 sheep the task is not done until you do it to the goat because the goat and sheep are not the same, though they have some similarities.

The illogical method is {(37 States)+() }, the problem is that there's no more capital territory, Nigeria is now without capital.

The only way to make it logical is to change "AND" to "WITH" in order not to remove the existence of the capital territory.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by biggie73(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
The Nigerian constitution was drafted by educated illiterate. So move on.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by adeyinkaazeez(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
Were you expecting the constitution to only mentioned 2/3 of states and left out Fct?

What it means is that 2/3 of those states with Fct.

With the Fct, it means where the constitution is talking about is now 37 places

36 states + fct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by orisa37: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
TINUBU WON, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.
AND THE PROF OF INEC IS JUST SUPER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Sannisege: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
ThisDay and Arise Tv are really pained by Tinubu’s victory.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by josilcool(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
So, if one win the whole 36 states and fail to get 25% in FCT he won't be declare winner.?
What makes people living in FCT different from other states?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by SirJerrie(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
The joke is on you 🤡

The joke's on your dumb@ss actually...

How was OSUN state Governorship Election conducted??

According to INEC, the results would be transmitted to IReV portal "From Polling Units"

Keep feeling wise in your f00lishness...
Until the injustice you support today meet you tomorrow!!
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Goke7: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
xukwaa:
What legal issues? Show me a write up on the legal issues in Buhari's victories in 2015 and 2019.....North are ever united but the South remains divided...just because a Yoruba man won, we no go hear word ...Dem born una well to write this nonsense if Atiku had won?

They all thought the north will truly betray Tinubu but alas they were all proved wrong, they can't just believe the man won hence all manner of excuses to discredit the elections.

Those who lost elections in the north are not wailing cos they knew they actually lost but you see us in the south, we can't just swallow the defeat or pain of loss.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Up to the Supremes to decide now, not the outside world
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by HeroicMeastro: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Racoon:

So someone has to win FCT to be decleared winner? What is the % population of the FCT to the country as a whole?
It doesn't agree with common sense.
The constitution is explicitly clear that 25% 2/3 of the states with or without FCT.
Simple

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by duro4chang(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Doyou2019:

If I be Tilumbu and e sure for me gan say Nigerians want me, na me gangan go ask INEC for a re-run.
But we know what we know na. Deep down he knows in his heart that the generality of Nigerians don't love him. Baba sha wan be king of the ashes any which way grin
Go and tell that trash to Cynthia Okeke and her cohorts in your region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Replies Garba Shehu Who Said Nobody Can Bring Down Buhari's Govt / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima / Boko Haram Observed Evening Prayer, Preached In Geidam To Gain Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.