Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike (1064 Views)

IPOB Rejects Peter Obi, Igbo Presidency ... / Kwankwaso’s Comments On Obi, Igbo Taken Out Of Context, Says NNPP / Osun Rerun: Omisore Finally Breaks Silence On Why He Didn’t Support PDP, Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said he did not support the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr Peter Obi overtly at the Feb. 25 election because nobody discussed Igbo presidency with him.

According to NAN, Publicity Secretary of Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, Dr Alex Ogbonnia, stated on Friday in Enugu that Wike made the declaration at a meeting the socio-political group had with him in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Ogbonnia stated that at the meeting, Ohaneze Ndigbo confronted Wike over his alleged role against Obi during the presidential election.

He stated that Gov. Wike expressed surprise that Ohanaeze was on a fact-finding mission and would explain his role in the presidential election.

According to Ogbonnia, the Rivers governor explained that the Southern Governors Forum first met at Asaba and agreed that power must shift to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari.

He also explained that the governors later met in Enugu in September 2021 to reaffirm their position for power to shift to the South.

He stated that throughout the meetings, “the issue of presidency to the Southeast was never on the table.’’

Wike also explained that throughout his political adventure, he tried as much as possible to maintain the position of the Southern governors.

Wike expressed disgust that during the PDP presidential primary election, several well-known people of the Southeast betrayed him and sabotaged the Southern interest by voting for a candidate from the northern part.

He added that his unalloyed commitment to the South motivated him “to provide logistics for Obi when he was in Rivers for the presidential campaign’’.

Wike noted that conversely, he refused to provide even a campaign ground for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of his own Peoples Democratic Party.

The governor further stated that “what is circulating in the social media is the handiwork of Wike adversaries.’’

I am a man with the courage of my convictions and have no reasons to tell lies or to owe an apology to anyone.

“I am always ready to defend my actions any day and at any time, and I did not rig the presidential election against Obi,’’ Ogbonnia quoted Wike as having said.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/10/real-reason-i-didnt-support-obi-igbo-presidency-wike/

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Massiveglory: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oga wike, Nobody cares if you support BAT or CAT. That one na your choice. And you get right to your choice.

But robbing and manipulating the votes of the good people of rivers state is an abomination that has soiled your hands forever.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
So, was Obi an Igbo project or an instrument of change that Nigerians crave for? I don’t get it anymore
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by DispatcherLagos: 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Politics is all about personal interest.

Nigerians deserve anything they are getting and will get going forward
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by APCNig: 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Esoresor:
So, was Obi an Igbo project or an instrument of change that Nigerians crave for? I don’t get it anymore

Obi is Biafean project, and we the Yorubas have dumped it into the dustbin just as we did in 1967

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
APCNig:

Obi is Biafean project, and we the Yorubas have dumped it into the dustbin just as we did in 1967
Shun tribalism, we are all Nigerians and we can speak in one voice

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Reinamaria(f): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Wike is just a shameless, spiteful man without integrity.
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by obi4eze(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
cheesy
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by BATified2023: 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Esoresor:
Shun tribalism, we are all Nigerians and we can speak in one voice
which one voice?

Obi is an Igbo project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by BATified2023: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Massiveglory:
Oga wike, Nobody cares if you support BAT or CAT. That one na your choice.
But robbing the votes of the good people of rivers state is an abomination that has soiled your hands forever.
I promise to quote many of u Igbo noisemakers when tinubu wins but one mod decided to ban my account for no reason throughout d election

Where all d noise n ellu pee end now?

Na obi cry las las

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by onumadu: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Esoresor:

Obi was, is and will remain a NIGERIAN PROJECT.
That is exactly why he won the election.
And that is why his mandate WILL be recovered.
You have to understand that there are some forces whose interest it is that Nigeria will remain a backward and stagnant country.
The unfortunate thing is that some of the real victims of that evil scheme are supporting the scheme due to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by orion7: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bitch
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Bluntguy: 12:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike openly became a bat..stard on February 25th
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by foleskay(m): 12:48am On Mar 11, 2023
I wait to see who and who Tinubu will appoint as CBN governor and finance minister,cos this country needs total economic overhaul.

I don't expect much from Tinubu but I wish and pray he proves me wrong.
Re: Real Reason I Didn’t Support Obi, Igbo Presidency – Wike by Freshwhyte(m): 6:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Wike
Mr project

(1) (Reply)

Alex Otti The New Messiah. Will He Bring Ndigbo Out Of Darkness / Before & After Pics Of Zamfara Man Released By Bandits After 3 Months Captivity / Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.