Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Two Types of People in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Types of People in Nigeria (311 Views)

There Are Two Types Of South East- Nairaland South East And ..... / Thanks To Muric, We Now Have Two Types Of Yorubas / "We Used To Kill People In PDP" - Orji Uzor Kalu Opens Up (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Types of People in Nigeria by Goldmynemaniac: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
I remember when being considered for the position of head boy in my secondary school how I was reminded that I was Igbo and that my people would never allow a Yoruba to occupy that position in Igboland.

For a young boy of my age, it hurt too much. I think that was when I began to see that I was never really one of them, that there was such a thing called tribe, and it mattered big. Despite that I spoke their language, it still didn't make them see me like one of them.

Worst. There was a pretty Yoruba thing I was in love with, and she too loved me(really not me but my brilliance). This, too, they said they won't mind letting me have for being such a 'brilliant' easterner!

Till today when someone asks me why I never got a single scholarship back then for such unprecedented records I set, I still don't know what to say. It was surely not that I wasn't good enough, I was the best that ever passed through that school of any tribe, as they said themselves.

Surely there are good people of all tribes but the mood right now is such that it seems couples of different tribes might pull knives on themselves any moment from now. Moods are tense everywhere.

This is exactly what the politicians want...to divide along tribal lines and use for personal gain. And, it seems to be working.

Don't be deceived. You are not the same with them(same tribe or not). They only want to identify with you on the common grounds of tribe, but this they do to ride on you to their next victory(over you, sadly).

In truth, there are only two tribes in Nigeria: 'Us' and 'Them'.

Tribalism is a tool made by 'them' and used by 'them' when the need arises. Don't be fooled again. Side with the people. Tribe regardless.
Re: Two Types of People in Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Others have their stories from other regions, so don’t hold on to it. I pray a day will come where we will all have one voice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Types of People in Nigeria by Goldmynemaniac: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
CC:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

This is front page worthy
Re: Two Types of People in Nigeria by Goldmynemaniac: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
Esoresor:
Others have their stories from other regions, so don’t hold on to it. I pray a day will come where we will all have one voice
The bolded shouldn't be.

Let's be one or nothing

(1) (Reply)

Obodients You Fought Well / Why Do I Find This Message From Inec Funny / Chike Nmerukini Puts Smile On Port Harcourt Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.