Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? (219 Views)

Peter Obi Accommodating Flood Victims From Kogi State In 2012 (Throwback Video)) / The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. / 2021: 12 Most Peaceful, Accommodating And Friendly States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by saintfieldcastro: 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
Everyday, some Yoruba notable people would go to Camera and Tv to tell us how Yorubas are accommodating, peaceful, sophisticated and educated.
The questions that really run into my mind anytime I hear this bogus statement is: Is Accommodating another name for Agberoism and thuggery?
Let me buttress my points here. In 2015 when Ambode, a Yoruba man was contesting against Jimi Agbaje, another Yoruba man, the notorious Oba of LAGOS assembled the IGBO leaders in Lagos and warned them strictly to vote APC, otherwise,they would be drowned in Lagoon!
When I watched this infamous statement by this Agbero called Oba of LAGOS, I checked whether LAGOS is in Nigeria or another country different from Nigeria.
Yoruba people claim IGBOs should respect the law of the land. Which law of the land are Ndigbo breaking in Lagos state?
Are Ndigbo not paying taxes?
Are Ndigbo not involved in environmental sanitation in Lagos?
Are Ndigbo preventing Yorubas from practicing their Oro and other festivals?
Which law of the land are they talking about?
The law of the land is that we should be voting anyone APC brings forth, right? As NIGERIANS, we don't have right to choose who should rule us, right?
In 2022 in Osun state after the Gubernatorial election, Oyetola lost and his illiterate gullible thugs and Agberos descended on Igbo businesses and markets,looted hundreds of shops and destroyed tens of others. Oyetola is Yoruba, Adeleke is also Yoruba. Then why the attack? Is this what "accommodating" means in Yoruba land?
In Lagos state, Tinubu lost the state, the Yorubas took it upon themselves to attack, maim and destroy shops owned by Ndigbo. They went ahead and burnt down Akere Motor spare Parts market right in Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA. Is this the meaning of "accommodating ". Yorubas are the only tribe in Nigeria that call other Non-Yoruba people in Lagos "Foreigners". A NIGERIAN is regarded as foreigner in his own country.
You guys are unaccommodating, unsophisticated, ethnocentric, nepotistic and diabolic.
Why can't you push for the dissolution of this pitiable country?
The fury in the East against the burning of Igbo market by Yorubas is unprecedented. If it repeats, there will be Armageddon in Lagos and Awka. You guys litter every part of Awka and Onitsha carrying out your businesses. If you repeat that madness, your businesses in Awka , Onitsha will face the same consequence.Yorubas don't have monopoly of violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by muyico(m): 12:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Yoruba agitation! Fueling separation
they want u guyz to do same in east. So that nigeria wil brk fast fast! Igbo be wise?
Re: Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by fjjc(m): 12:23am On Mar 11, 2023
Yes we are peaceful and accommodating
Re: Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by EmekaA125(m): 12:29am On Mar 11, 2023
fjjc:
Yes we are peaceful and accommodating
Yet burning and destroying Igbo business in Lagos and SouthWest abi? Ur people living in Igboland peacefully without molestation may start bearing the consequences of you animals stupidity. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by slimfit1(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2023
Yes we are, don't let sponsored political thugs fool you.
Re: Are Yorubas Really Accommodating And Peaceful? by ObaOfYorubaLand: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Yoruba's are not accommodating at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edo Workers Hold Appreciation Rally For Obaseki As Nlc, Nurtw, Rtean, Tuc... / Let's Build Nigeria Together ���� / The Peter They Hate So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.