Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos (2541 Views)

People Who Destroyed Whole Nation Have No Right To Teach Us Democracy. Putin / Why Can't Yoruba Nation And Igbo Nation Have The Ambazonia Pact / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by NwaIdeato: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
I haven't seen a group of people who have shown Obi more love in this political climate of Nigeria than the great Edo people of the Benin kingdom, and to think that they were the least people from the South South anyone would have expected to stand strong with Obi. Surely the Igbo nation will do due diligence by profoundly reciprocating this solidarity and love from your Edo brothers/sisters in due time.

God bless the great Edo nation
God bless the Benin empire
God bless the Igbo nation.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Batman01: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
This is about equity and fairness.

16 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Neckpresser101: 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Edo people are great people

We've lived with them for thousands of years

There has never been any record of war between us

Wonderful wonderful people they are

May God bless all Edo people

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
bini people have forgotten so soon,,, alright I will not talk,,but I give bini people just one year and they will see their name in biafra...let me see any mumu bini person that will come and cry that ibos are landgrabbing them, so we should go for niger delta republic..

You do not toy with the devil,but binis are forgotten the devil...make I dey watch de event

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by VinnyBaba: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Where is Slawormiir, the Edo Niggar? 🤔

Well, I know Most Yoruba hate-filled Urchins are so PAINED when they see how SS Pple love Peter Obi and Igbos! embarassed cry

Very TERRIBLE LOTS! undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by AmehTsaev: 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Captain8:
bini people have forgotten so soon,,, alright I will not talk,,but I give bini people just one year and they will see their name in biafra...let me see any mumu bini person that will come and cry that ibos are landgrabbing them, so we should go for niger delta republic..

You do not toy with the devil,but binis are forgotten the devil...make I dey watch de event
Look at this miserable ogogoro drinking miscreant, you're so pained that the Edo people have found true friendship with Ndigbo? LMFAOOOO, bros Igbos no send your poverty-stricken sewage tribe, we've made it clear time and time again that we've got BIGGER FISHES to fry, and that includes making the right alliance with people that actually matter...I don't know what your grouse is with Igbos, but we've made it markedly clear that we share no affinity and relationship with your tiny ijaw tribe...in the event we get Biafra, it's going to be a homogenous Igbo nation ONLY, so get that into your thick ogogoro addled brain-cells and stop bugging for attention where there is none. Igbos NO SEND UNA.

I just find it strange you're antagonizing Igbos who don't even care one bit about you people's existence, but the North who are siphoning your "oyel" resources to develop their commonwealth while leaving your Ijaw state poor, wretched and environmentally uninhabitable aren't your headache! brainless barracuda ijaw sewage rat!

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Babaken(m): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
NwaIdeato:
I haven't seen a group of people who have shown Obi more love in this political climate of Nigeria than the great Edo people of the Benin kingdom, and to think that they were the least people from the South South anyone would have expected to stand strong with Obi. Surely the Igbo nation will do due diligence by profoundly reciprocating this solidarity and love from your Edo brothers/sisters in due time.

No be lie

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by sweetonugbu: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
True.

2 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by ozome15(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
NwaIdeato:

Very much then River State, Dalte state and Lagos. I just relocated to Benin here just two months now from Port Harcourt and there's this approach they have once they know you are igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by SLAP44: 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
NwaIdeato:

Each time I see an Edo person now, I have a different level of respect for him or her.

God bless every Edo person out there.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by guysbewise: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
Benin people should learn from recent history who they are dealing with here:

Captain8:
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu is a Nigerian who fought on the opposition camp against Nigeria during the civil war.
It is safe to say he started the civil war with his declaration of a biafra as a
federation.

What many people don't know is that before this civil war, there was another, that was short lived. As a matter of fact, it lasted for only 12 days. This was led by Major Isaac Boro Adaka.

Major Isaac Boro Adaka popularly called Boro, was born on the 10th of September, 1938. He is the son of a missionary school head.

So Boro had a formal education up to the university level. As a matter of fact he was the SUG president (number one student) of the university of Nigeria Nsuka as at then.

Isaac Boro was from the oil rich land of olobiri, in present day Bayelsa. Then, those areas were all under what is called the 'eastern region', which was then headed by the military governor 1954.. Guess who the millitary governor was? Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu. Yes our very own Ojukwu.

the capital of the eastern region was in Enugu state. Despite the fact that the Ijaw region produces the oil, they were sidelined by the Aguiyi Ironsi military led administration, Irrespective of the fact that Adaka Boro niger delta region laid the Golden egg, dim Ojukwu didn't mind or consider them.
This caused major Isaac Boro to abandon his studies in his finals, to lead an arm protest against the government of Aguiyi Ironsi, over the poor treatment melted out to his people...

before this, Ijaw elder, Dapper Biriye had moved a motion to carved the niger delta or Rivers state out of the Igbo dominated eastern region just as the Yorubas carved out the other niger deltas from their western region to have their midwest, but the Igbos rejected it...

When all political peaceful movements by Dapper Biriye went abortive, the declaration of the niger delta Republic became the only means...

Adaka Boro see the only way to freed Ijaw from the eastern region was to leave nigeria entirely, so he declared the niger delta Republic on february 29 1966,
This republic lasted only 12days because aguiyi ironsi and ojukwu ordered the whole Nigeria military strength on them...

Aguiyi ironsi the military president of nigeria and Ojukwu the military governor of eastern region killed 150 Ijaw youths and arrested Adaka Boro and sentenced him to death by hanging..

two brothers, of ironsi and Ojukwu won the short war for nigeria...unknowing to ojukwu he will also declared republic..

Boro was in prison waiting for his death, but
God heard the cry of Ijaws as counter coup from North killed aguiyi ironsi and brought Yakubu Gown to power, released Adaka Boro from prison... not did Gowon released Adaka Boro, he also created the Rivers state out of the Eastern region for Adaka Boro and his people... This was a dream come true for Adaka Boro..

Later the Igbos massacred in The north and the creation of the old River state out of the eastern region by Yakubu Gowon made ojukwu and his people got angry, because they felt, the oil rich Oloibiri was no longer part of their eastern region again.....

The frustrated ojukwu got angry at Gowon for breaching the aburi accord, by creating the oil Rich Rivers state out of his eastern region, so ojukwu without blink of eyes declared the Republic of biafra and forcefully included the already created Adaka Boro's Rivers state...

This criminal act from ojukwu made Boro got angry, so with help from Gowon, Boro trained his 1,000 Rivers soldiers of Ijaw extraction and fought the biafran forces.
Boro and his 1,000 Rivers men got lot of success in the war as they killed thousands of biafran forces and evicted all biafrans out of the River state...

10 months into fight Adaka Boro already got lot of success. he recaptured all territories captured by the conquest biafran forces in River state.... but the mighy hero was killed on a mysterious circumstances at Okrika...

No one know who killed the hero, opinion were divided as some said it was a lone biafra soldier who shot him from hideout, while others said it was adekunle Benjamin the nigeria military leader who ambushed him for jealous of his success in the war...

Who really killed the hero?

Adaka Boro was not just hero but a prophet because he saw today nigeria which everyone refused to see...

Adaka Boro was not just hero and prophet but also a saviour..

Adaka Boro will forever lives in our heart.

He freed us from biafra and the demonic eastern region.

Adaka Boro will forever be remembered in history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by SLAP44: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
ozome15:

Very much then River State, Dalte state and Lagos. I just relocated to Benin here just two months now from Port Harcourt and there's this approach they have once they know you are igbo.

One of my Edo customers told me today that they love and respect Peter Obi and his movement so much, I agreed with him immediately, I will offer him a great after sales service he didn't expect, I will send a team to help his business next week. Edo people are the best when they are on your side. God bless them.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by SLAP44: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
guysbewise:
Benin people should learn from recent history who they are dealing with here:

Haters arriving.

8 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by DenreleDave(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Well, I know Most Yoruba hate-filled Urchins are so PAINED when they see how SS Pple love Peter Obi and Igbos! embarassed cry

Yet cudnt give him bloc votes cheesy grin grin

SS is a friend to all..... Delusion of grandeur is when igbos think SS is only a friend to them and enemies to others..

The SS has no enemies

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by mancoconut: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
DenreleDave:

Yet cudnt give him bloc votes cheesy grin grin

SS is a friend to all..... Delusion of grandeur is when igbos think SS is only a friend to them and enemies to others..

The SS has no enemies
We are talking about the Edo people here and not the SS...stop the grandstanding.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by DMerciful(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
Peter Obi is not an Igbo candidate but a Nigerian one. So stop whipping up unnecessary sentiments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by JOemmy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
Am really shocked too by the massive love I never expected it I used to think that they are amongst one of the nigerian tribes that despise and hate anything igbo now I know better Edo people are indeed a great nation maximum respect to them and their great king.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by JOemmy(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Captain8:

Which biafra is this one still talking about again are u really ok upstairs?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by paxx: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
edo people are a friend of igbos . know that and know peace. Some yorubas are friends also especially the ones that are exposed. it’s the ones that are not exposed that will be shouting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Fashionista01(f): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2023
We Love u Edo people and we will not forget your kind gesture.
# God bless PO
# God bless Obidients
# God bless Edo people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by omonnakoda: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2023
By that logic looking at how the SE voted they are what? Enemies of all Nigerians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
JOemmy:

Which biafra is this one still talking about again are u really ok upstairs?
yes,,,for that support to obi,,ibos will use it as opportunity to landgrabbed binis into biafra again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by gidgiddy: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
NwaIdeato:

It was a good one from them, they really came out for Obi

3 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by gidgiddy: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Captain8:
yes,,,for that support to obi,,ibos will use it as opportunity to landgrabbed binis into biafra again

You mean the way people like you already land grabbed Ibibio, Efik, Ejaghan, Uhrobo, Isoko and many others into your so called "Niger Delta"?

7 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by JOemmy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
Captain8:

You are making no sense maybe u are still a little kid.

5 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
VinnyBaba:

which ss love obi....it means you don't look the election results.... mentioned the particular people from the ss that vote your obi,,, don't generalized to the ss,,, because I be Ijaw

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
gidgiddy:

You mean the way people like you already land grabbed Ibibio, Efik, Ejaghan, Uhrobo, Isoko and many others into your so called "Niger Delta"?
dey there dey take mpkurumiri dey type...I blame the binis for their short memory....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
no one can friend with the igbos....igbos cannot get lasting friend.......I give them just 1year igbos and binis will start attacking each other....no one can be successfully friend with the devil 👿

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by unclejb2(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Edo nation has always been a reliable people....

. LP from top to bottom next week Saturday

5 Likes

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by Captain8(m): 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
JOemmy:

You are making no sense maybe u are still a little kid.
that's what will cause igbo bini fight online,,, because I am foreseeing it...you people landgrabbed them to biafra and binis will retaliate with insults...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Edo Nation Have Proven To Be True Friends Of The Igbos by gidgiddy: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2023
Captain8:
dey there dey take mpkurumiri dey type...I blame the binis for their short memory....

Land grabber who putting people including tribes he knows nothing about into Niger Delta then turning around to accuse Igbos of putting tribes into Biafra

Too many Jokers on Nairaland

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Class Graduate Commits Suicide Over Failure To Secure Employment / Islamic Northern Nigeria Blaming America And Western Education For Bombing / I Can’t Abandon Jonathan Now–mark !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.