Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,712 members, 7,862,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:27 PM

Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. (1548 Views)

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by naijapips04: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Afamed:

I understand you my brother, but we still need to respect Umahi and the others who truly sincerely worked for the party.

Just look at the results from Ebonyi, despite the hostile environment. He came with 3 senators and some votes during the presidential election

Umahi worked. Ebonyi state should be rewarded with good ministerial positions. SE as a region doesn't deserve the senate presidency in a Tinubu's government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Jlow2: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2023
First timer cannot be senate president, no by flyover inside forest
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Afamed: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2023
Jlow2:

Not written in the Nigeria constitution .
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 10:25am On Mar 12, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

My greatest happiness will be denying Orji Uzor Kalu senate presidency grin grin grin grin

As an Igbo man,it will be the greatest gift in this election. By then,his eyes will clear grin grin

After his asslicking of Thiefnubuu,he still got nothing grin grin grin

Orji? The useless betrayer who did nothing for Tinubu? You dey mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by colorsofrainbow: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

Orji? The useless betrayer who did nothing for Tinubu? You dey mad

How did he betray Tinubu? He was one of the very very few supporters of Tinubu in SouthEast
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by adedayoa2(f): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Six senate seats from the south east is a lot. Let’s give our SE brothers a chance on the national table.

I understand emotions are high as a result of the divisive nature of the recently concluded election but we must look at the bigger picture beyond politics and emotions. The Igbos are part of the tripod holding Nigeria together. They’ve been out of National relevance for about 8 years now. This really pushed them to completely vote in a very clannish way in the last election.

Despite the fact that Tinubu is from the SW and Atiku is from the NW, both candidates barely got 60% of total vote cast in their regions. That goes to show the two regions were not desperate for the presidency unlike the SE that voted over 90% for Peter Obi. Shutting them out again for another four years will further push them to become more clannish in their politics and further hate the rest of Nigeria.

That’s why I feel we need to make the necessary concessions to help them heal. Ceding the SP to the SE will not make them embrace APC or Bola Tinubu. However, it will be a victory for the few liberals among them to build on. It can start the healing process. We should support any effort to help heal and unite the country.
They can't be trusted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by seunmsg(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2023
adedayoa2:
They can't be trusted.

We have to try and trust them in as much as we all remain one Nigeria.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 10:52am On Mar 12, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

How did he betray Tinubu? He was one of the very very few supporters of Tinubu in SouthEast

Lies! He worked against Tinubu!
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by colorsofrainbow: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

Lies! He worked against Tinubu!

Show proof
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

Show proof

The votes is the proof!
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by colorsofrainbow: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

The votes is the proof!

Because he didn't rig the elections in Abia just the way Wike rigged in Rivers?

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 11:16am On Mar 12, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

Because he didn't rig the elections in Abia just the way Wike rigged in Rivers?

Like his stooge, Ikpeazu rigged it for him and others? Lmao! The useless betrayer should go sit down!
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by JohnBullMySon: 11:17am On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

I’m advocating for the SE to get the SP so as to shame divisive hardliners like you. Characters like you will be very happy if SE is denied the SP. You will go about telling whoever cares to listen that Tinubu and APC hate the Igbos so much that they even denied them the SP despite producing six senators. We won’t allow you further divide the country.

For liberal and open minded Igbos like Umahi and the few that came out to vote for Tinubu, we must give them a win to build on. For those who want to heal, we must make the necessary sacrifices to help them heal. We will not allow divisive characters like you lead the narrative with your negativity. We will change the narrative under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu because a United Nigeria will work for everybody.

I understand and like your efforts to include everyone but understand that the Anti APC sentiment in the SE is not just due to religious and tribal factors but a result of how Buhari's administration handled the SE.

Both SE and SS did not vote APC in 2015 but Buhari seemed to have taken the SE case personally. For two terms of his presidency, there was effectively no representation of the SE in his government. His only contact in the SE happened to be an unpopular governor with a questionable mandate who is always entangled in political controversy.

Although Tinubu is in APC, being a former activist against military rule and having a cosmopolitan personality, I believe he will handle political issues better than Buhari's civil war divisive style of politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by LordAdam16: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

We have to try and trust them in as much as we all remain one Nigeria.

It will end in tears. But that's not my business. It's APC internal politics.

PDP carried them along. 6 SPs. The most for any region. VP slot. They said all of that was immaterial when it mattered most.

North Central and North West gave you votes. In the SS, you heard it here first, APC is currently the frontrunner for Delta gubernatorial election. Lyon will win if he runs again. APC will become pillars in Delta, Edo, Bayelsa. Cross River has slowly been trending towards APC. And part of Akwa Ibom through Akpabio is warming up to APC. Rivers will tag along when they see the entire region moving to APC.

Solidify all that, NW/NE/NC/SW/most of SS and you'll never need SE votes ever again. Not even for 25%. Throw that away by giving the SP to SE for 8 years, and the SS, NC, and NW will put it in a frame. The reward does not match the risk.

Those three regions do not play emotional politics. Eleyi gidi gan. In 2027, you'll go there to ask for votes and they'll tell you to ask your #3 to deliver their region. Baboon no fit work mk monkey chop. But as I said, e no concern me. You barely squeaked through with 8m votes, but na you wan dey flaunt hard-fought spoils like Escobar. Since ministerial and parastatal appointments don finish.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by seunmsg(m): 11:48am On Mar 12, 2023
LordAdam16:

It will end in tears. But that's not my business. It's APC internal politics.

PDP carried them along. 6 SPs. The most for any region. VP slot. They said all of that was immaterial when it mattered most.

North Central and North West gave you votes. In the SS, you heard it here first, APC is currently the frontrunner for Delta gubernatorial election. Lyon will win if he runs again. APC will become pillars in Delta, Edo, Bayelsa. Cross River has slowly been trending towards APC. And part of Akwa Ibom through Akpabio is warming up to APC. Rivers will tag along when they see the entire region moving to APC.

Solidify all that, NW/NE/NC/SW/most of SS and you'll never need SE votes ever again. Not even for 25%. Throw that away by giving the SP to SE for 8 years, and the SS, NC, and NW will put it in a frame. The reward does not match the risk.

Those three regions do not play emotional politics. Eleyi gidi gan. In 2027, you'll go there to ask for votes and they'll tell you to ask your #3 to deliver their region. Baboon no fit work mk monkey chop. But as I said, e no concern me. You barely squeaked through with 8m votes, but na you wan dey flaunt hard-fought spoils like Escobar. Since ministerial and parastatal appointments don finish.

-Lord

You made very solid points and I respect your views greatly. However, I feel we need to carry everybody along despite their political choices. Politics of exclusion will further divide a country that seriously needs to heal. This is just my personal opinion. Ultimately, it’s left for the leadership of APC to zone the available positions to various regions. All I want to see is a country that works for everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by LordAdam16: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

You made very solid points and I respect your views greatly. However, I feel we need to carry everybody along despite their political choices. Politics of exclusion will further divide a country that seriously needs to heal. This is just my personal opinion. Ultimately, it’s left for the leadership of APC to zone the available positions to various regions. All I want to see is a country that works for everyone.

SE stalwarts will be more involved in Tinubu's government than Buhari's government. That much is clear.

But Tinubu should not make catastrophic errors in a misguided push to seem fairer than Buhari.

Because at the end of the day, Obi will be on the ballot in 2027 and Tinubu will not win any SE state. Votes win elections. Not feelings.

I realize the difficulty for Tinubu because of the weak mandate, but it'll be a tough decision either way with consequences. He has to choose his poison and live with it.

-Lord
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by christistruth01: 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
muykem:
Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state is my senate president choice.

Senate President post has already been zoned to the South South and it is between Oshiomhole and Akpabio

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by SlurUsername1: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
cocolacec:

Wetin be your own.Your wife na Easterner.Let SE get their SP from Obi twitter Government.

The love of ibo puna for you...
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Okwyjesus(m): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

You're yet to cry your eyes out! If you wanted anything from APC, you should have voted for it but you didn't yet you wanted something out of it? The nerves! Worse is the Ungrateful toxic act of you people. The senate president should be rather given to those who will appreciate it!

It's only Umahi I even have pity for. He was almost voted out but he managed to get himself in. He was the only one I had even thought Tinubu should give ministerial appointment if he didn't get voted into the senate.

If they repeat election 10 times. lgbos l know won't vote that vegetable called Tinubu.

You can have your rotten country all alone. Did you read international media opinion about Nigeria after the election
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

If they repeat election 10 times. lgbos l know won't vote that vegetable called Tinubu.

You can have your rotten country all alone. Did you read international media opinion about Nigeria after the election

Then why cry over appointment? Go get it from your tribalistic hate. In fact, southeast should be given their Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Okwyjesus(m): 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

Then why cry over appointment? Go get it from your tribalistic hate. In fact, southeast should be given their Biafra.

Thanks for the BIAFRA. Very grateful for your kindness
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by ImperialYoruba: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
Egoat:
Regions with no electoral importance don't deserve the Senate presidency.

Wallahi!
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by ImperialYoruba: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

SE has voted to say they reject APC. We are voting now to say APC must reject SE. It is fair.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Six senate seats from the south east is a lot. Let’s give our SE brothers a chance on the national table.

I understand emotions are high as a result of the divisive nature of the recently concluded election but we must look at the bigger picture beyond politics and emotions. The Igbos are part of the tripod holding Nigeria together. They’ve been out of National relevance for about 8 years now. This really pushed them to completely vote in a very clannish way in the last election.

Despite the fact that Tinubu is from the SW and Atiku is from the NW, both candidates barely got 60% of total vote cast in their regions. That goes to show the two regions were not desperate for the presidency unlike the SE that voted over 90% for Peter Obi. Shutting them out again for another four years will further push them to become more clannish in their politics and further hate the rest of Nigeria.

That’s why I feel we need to make the necessary concessions to help them heal. Ceding the SP to the SE will not make them embrace APC or Bola Tinubu. However, it will be a victory for the few liberals among them to build on. It can start the healing process. We should support any effort to help heal and unite the country.
What do you mean by that SE voted clannishly..?

Is it because they didn't vote for your candidate..?

NW/NE voted overwhelming for Buhari 3 times consecutively without winning, did you tagged them clannish..?

Why so much hatred towards the Igbos..? This is the first time since 1999 that they voted for their own blood. Before now they have voted for Yoruba, Fulani, Ijaw and Fulani again..
If you ask me, I will say Igbos are the most liberal ethnic group amoug the Big 3..

Ahmed LA wan should retain the SP while Gbajabiamila should retain the speaker HoR..

Stop forming fake Love for the people of SE.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Thanks for the BIAFRA. Very grateful for your kindness

Good. You can all go back to your hateful SE enclave
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Throwback: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kagawa10:

Nah. These entitled Ungrateful people won't vote Tinubu regardless and will keep hating!

Tinubu should rather give those who will be grateful!

You and Seunmsg are both right.

Igbos will never be grateful to Tinubu for anything if they were ingrates despite his generousity to them when he was Governor. Rather than waste a very top position on ingrates who cannot rise beyond the civil war, give it to those who do not hold a clannish and genetic hatred against your tribe and religion. So I will side with the SouthSouth who have long felt marginalised as minorities in Nigeria.

However, you need to recognise the contributions of Igbos within the APC, and help defeat the wickedness and hate of their kinsmen who are waiting to derisively greet them goodmorning in the evening. You need to starve the IPOBic elements amongst them the raw materials they use to fabricate mass hatred.

As for President-elect Tinubu, he should work with those he can trust and can depend on for his re-election.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Kagawa10: 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Throwback:

You and Seunmsg are both right.

Igbos will never be grateful to Tinubu for anything if they were ingrates despite his generousity to them when he was Governor. Rather than waste a very top position on ingrates who cannot rise beyond the civil war, give it to those who do not hold a clannish and genetic hatred against your tribe and religion. So I will side with the SouthSouth who have long felt marginalised as minorities in Nigeria.

However, you need to recognise the contributions of Igbos within the APC, and help defeat the wickedness and hate of their kinsmen who are waiting to derisively greet them goodmorning in the evening. You need to starve the IPOBic elements amongst them the raw materials they use to fabricate mass hatred.

As for President-elect Tinubu, he should work with those he can trust and can depend on for his re-election.

Who exactly worked for Tinubu in the southeast to begin with? We know Orji and Ngige, Nwabueze worked against Tinubu. The ungrateful lots despite what Tinubu did for these above mentioned ungrateful toxic people! I don't know about Umahi though. Anyway, a deputy speaker should be given to Umahi. Some ministerial jobs should be given too. The point is South South did more than the Southeast and can't be ignored.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by PDPdestroyer(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Whatever Tinubu and APC does, the SE will always feel aggrieved and marginalised as long as their person isn't the one in Aso rock. However, giving the SP position to the SS would further consolidate APC's inroad into the region, and I don't see the SE getting aggrieved about giving the no. 3 spot to the SS since they often see themselves as one grin
So it'd amount to a waste of opportunity giving it to the SE because it's not what they need

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Jlow2: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
Afamed:

Not written in the Nigeria constitution .
is muslim muslim ticket constitutional?
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by muykem: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

My greatest happiness will be denying Orji Uzor Kalu senate presidency grin grin grin grin

As an Igbo man,it will be the greatest gift in this election. By then,his eyes will clear grin grin

After his asslicking of Thiefnubuu,he still got nothing grin grin grin
But he was unable to give Tinubu any reasonable votes.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by muykem: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jlow2:
keep quiet. Akpabio emerged minority leader in 8th assembly against house rule. Dave Umahi is my choice and many other people.
Re: Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State Should Be Made Senate President. by Jlow2: 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
muykem:
keep quiet. Akpabio emerged minority leader in 8th assembly against house rule. Dave Umahi is my choice and many other people.
you think this is ebubeagu agu politics of ebonyi state?, minority leader is like a class monitor, senate president is the number 3 man in rank of leadership of the country

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obidients Couldn't Grab This Money For Over 72 Hours / JAMB Exposes Student From Kaduna Who “scored 380” Without Writing UTME / Here Is The Reason Why Some Obidients ( like Abagworo) Will Not Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.