Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle (40316 Views)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Is it Right To Buy Candles, Bintu, St Michaels Perfume For Prayer As Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by Originakalokalo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Faber:
If you need a quick means to achieve results, go to native doctors...

As for church, no pastor can coerce God to answer your prayers. God answers when he wills.

Open your eyes, and stop being scammed by Pastorpreneurs

If we meet a native doctor and got answers, who gave the answer to the prayer?

God? or the devil?
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by incandescentena: 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Peppysco:

She definitely will fall. The mental defense system of most Africans is weak when it comes to religion.
The reason the G.O's and the pastors get away easily with their scams.
That's the point.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by SeriouslySense(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2023
The devil gives with a cost, God gives freely according to his will.

Therefore you can get your heart desires with the devil, but what about your soul.

Originakalokalo:

God? or the devil?
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by Faber(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2023
Originakalokalo:

God? or the devil?

It depends. Not all native Doctors are working for the devil, same way all pastors are not working for God. That's why you must scrutinize where you dey enter with your leg for solutions.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by BetterHeadline: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
Pulpit bandits have scammed this one. Too bad.
Come to Catholic Church ( the real church) no one will scam you here.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by SeriouslySense(m): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
lo, (why do Catholics brothers and sisters ask Mary for intercessions, instead of praying to Jesus, the only mediator between God and man)

Therefore i plead in gentleness.

Sadly, there is no need, lets pray only to Jesus, that is sufficient alone, for God has poured out his gift/grace abundantly, therefore we can go freely to his presence with confidence and not fearing, as we humble ourselves.

BetterHeadline:
Pulpit bandits have scammed this one. Too bad.
Come to Catholic Church ( the real church) no one will scam you here.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by olaeffect(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
Faber:

Among 1000 native doctors you can find 30% that are real.
But if you sample 1000 pastors, 5% are real...so which group get scammers pass 😎

1. How did you do your research?

2. Between the percentage of fake poison and fake drugs, which one do you feel is higher?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hope you understand my point?
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by 1Sharon(f): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
Faber:

As for church, no pastor can coerce God to answer your prayers. God answers when he wills.

Lol why does it seem like Juju works faster than Jesus? Lol.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by BetterHeadline: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by funshint(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
That's the reason why some former 'prosperity' preachers, for instance, Benny Hinn, ditched the gospel.

It is a scam! Fall for it at your own peril.

It doesn't lead to the prosperity of many as falsely claimed.

It only prospers a few but impoverishes many because it is rooted in covetousness, which in the root of stealing, ritual killing, fraud, looting, corruption, etc., and that can never lead to the prosperity of many.
Benny Hinn didn't ditch the gospel....he only corrected some of their past practices.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by bakobenjamin198: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
ictplotter:

Same propaganda...
In every faith they are extremists, you talk about Afghanistan because of what the western and America have brainwash you with in media propaganda against Islam but they will not tell you that the world most dreaded terrorists today is Christian terrorists group called the LORD ARMY IN EAST AFRICA. Who go about killing children and women for not practicing Christianity but America and western media will not report about them because they have conquered and westernized Christianity as their faith and culture.
Go n research about the Lord Resistance Army Christian terrorists group in East and Central Africa.
what annoys me about you is, you always lay emphasis on "brainwashing." Do I look like someone that could be brainwashed to you? Do you think I easily believe every bull and shit being vomited out by both local and foreign media? Common! I don't do that without verifying the authenticity and credibility of any information dished out by anybody. If I may ask you, are America and other Western world the only body allowed to dish out news around the world? Are you saying we don't have other local, Arabs and African media to report the atrocities you claimed to be happening in East and Central Africa? See, I am more smarter to believe the shit you posted up there. In this 21st Century of Technology that things are hardly hidden from the public? In this age and time of internet and Technology that even when you pollute in your bedroom, the video will go viral? Then you believe a religious cleansing will occur in this time and age and no one would get to know or hear about it because America and the Western world refused to tell the world about it? Habaa mana! That is not possible and is laughable.

Thank God you now brought yourself down and accepted about religious extremism in every religion, which is right, but initially in your first thread that brought about all these bashing, you sounded as if the Bible and Christianity justifies the obnoxious and sacrilegious act being perpetrated by these wolves in sheep clothing that parade themselves as Pastors. This is the area I had problem with you in the beginning.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by BetterHeadline: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
ictplotter:

Same propaganda without evident. But its commonly know between Saul himself and the Christians that Saul the tormentor, a serial killer, a rapist and persecutor of innocent souls wrote the 80% of new testament and the primary founder of Christianity today. 99% percent of what they preach in churches is either they quoting from the books of Saul in the new testament or quoting from the book of Moses of old testament but yet Jesus is the founder of Christianity. You just need to stupid spiritually to be a good Christian.

You have no ideas what you're talking about.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by babzo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
olaeffect:

You say this only because story concerning fake native doctors don't make front page news😁

Na story of fake pastors dey always make big news.

That is to tell you that original pastors exist.

Jesus had 12 disciples buy na Judas popular pass, their hardly anybody that does not know the name Judas, naming the remaining 11 will be hard even for some so-called Christians. That is to tell you that the world and the people in it are more interested in fake pastors than original ones.

Wow, this guy mennn, you have wisdom! Judas is really probably the most popular!

2 Likes

Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by ican2020: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
That's the reason why some former 'prosperity' preachers, for instance, Benny Hinn, ditched the gospel.

It is a scam! Fall for it at your own peril.

It doesn't lead to the prosperity of many as falsely claimed.

It only prospers a few but impoverishes many because it is rooted in covetousness, which in the root of stealing, ritual killing, fraud, looting, corruption, etc., and that can never lead to the prosperity of many.
Stop posting lies
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by BaseComplexiti: 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
Any Pastor or whatever they call themself that charges for prayer is A WITCHDOCTOR!! ....and those who patronise them are probably occultic too!

1 Like

Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by Donedeal1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2023
Just imagines what the Church has turned to.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by SmellingAnus(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I respect yours as well, I believe though it takes the highest level of spiritual maturity to let it be up to God to decide these things as Jesus and the prophets and apostles had done, not to be dictating to God what to do. So if God decides to make Abraham rich and Elijah poor and vice versa, it will be, let His Will be done because He knows best.

That I believe is what pleases God most as depicted concerning the prayer of Solomon, because Solomon didn't seek after such or ask God for riches, but sought after the things of God and left it up to God to decide that, hence God made him the richest king as a result.

God may also consequently decide to make me become the richest man ever as king Solomon, but even if He decides not to, it's not my will but God's Will be done. That's the mindset of Christ and should be the same for any of His true followers.
you have a point but that is why we are working, going to school, learning skills etc to overcome the stronghold of poverty... Even Jesus said we will get our rewards here on earth too in 100 folds...
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by 9jaRealist: 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Godszilla:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64881435

A FOOL and her money are soon parted… tongue
>
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by Rapht933: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
a lazy africa man looking for miracle up and down from foreign religion
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by FemiEmkaMusaFEM(m): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
Na only fool never still know say church na business center
Godszilla:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64881435
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by ictplotter(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
bakobenjamin198:
what annoys me about you is, you always lay emphasis on "brainwashing." Do I look like someone that could be brainwashed to you? Do you think I easily believe every bull and shit being vomited out by both local and foreign media? Common! I don't do that without verifying the authenticity and credibility of any information dished out by anybody. If I may ask you, are America and other Western world the only body allowed to dish out news around the world? Are you saying we don't have other local, Arabs and African media to report the atrocities you claimed to be happening in East and Central Africa? See, I am more smarter to believe the shit you posted up there. In this 21st Century of Technology that things are hardly hidden from the public? In this age and time of internet and Technology that even when you pollute in your bedroom, the video will go viral? Then you believe a religious cleansing will occur in this time and age and no one would get to know or hear about it because America and the Western world refused to tell the world about it? Habaa mana! That is not possible and is laughable.

Thank God you now brought yourself down and accepted about religious extremism in every religion, which is right, but initially in your first thread that brought about all these bashing, you sounded as if the Bible and Christianity justifies the obnoxious and sacrilegious act being perpetrated by these wolves in sheep clothing that parade themselves as Pastors. This is the area I had problem with you in the beginning.
Yes those criminal pastors and men of gods scam n rob off innocent and gullible worshipers because Bible create rooms for them to carry out their dubious act. Whatever evil you want to do today there is a Bible verse to support n promote it.
Just imagine this biblically verse?

Treasures in Heaven
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Heaven don't need your prosperity and treasure but salvation and kindness to your fellow human.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by HITsquad: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
NL always promoting negative news when it comes to Christianity. But you will never see negative news about Islam here... Oh what a perfect religion Islam is?

And na the same so called Christians go still come to Threads like this shamelessly mocking their own religion alongside 'some' Muslims. But then try make one negative comment about Islam in the process and watch those Muslims automatically switch from cruising mode to serious mode (i used the word 'some' cos I'm not generalizing ok? I know real good Muslims, and I know they don't make fun of other people's faith or religion even though they don't agree with them)

Back to Christianity, back in those days When the catholic Church was still the only church. Christianity was the the most powerful religion on earth... powerful enough that it could bend even the most powerful kings and queens and influence political decisions with ease around the world.

But now, it's now almost nothing but a ceremonial religion... With politics now bending the original doctrines of the religion in many part of the world. Many churches now bless gay marriages... And Church of England is considering a neutral gender God) some woke bullshit...

Till today the Catholic church is still the only global church that still strongly resists political influence(thats why I will always respect the catholic church, no matter the negative opinions you have about the church)

Christianity started turning into a joke immediately other churches started breaking away from the catholic church... Now everyone can invent his or her own one room church with weird teachings and practices and probably end up embarrassing the religion and matching what's still left of its reputation. (especially in African)

Everyone now consider Christianity some kind of a 'Joke' all thanks to the so called Christians. The freedom and tolerance nature of Christianity will also be its doom!
The Religion is declining and losing relevance around the world on daily basis.... While Islam on the other is growing bigger and stronger than ever! Cos those ones don't take shit especially from their own people. So Bravo to our Islam neighbors... Much respect.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by themanderon: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Any church that asks you to pay for any kind of prayer whether family liberation or personal prayers is not of God. Christ said freely you have received and freely should you give so beware of those rogues.
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by cunley(m): 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Faber:

Native doctors worse pass especially if you are a woman....you are finished!I keep saying
Late TB Joshua said there is noone God cannot hear his or her prayerswhen he or she decided to give his life to Christ genuinely.
With that understanding look for mountain of fires miracles ministry church (mfm)
Or withthe money you think Dem wont chip from you use it buy data and follow all their online programs just for one month.you will never know any problems again in your life.
All you have to do is to be genuinely born again.
Mfm don't ask for money or any type of special seed that will cut your pockets.just your tithe as commanded in bible.
Even mfm pastors are super seeing daddy Go may not be necessary when they finish with you with counseling and prayers
As for me what I cannot solve with mfm online prayers or at prayer city means God is not involved.
Thank God for DK Olukoya
Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by LikeAking: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
chaseblack:
Lol, Jesus already told you people that some will come to him claiming they performed miracles in his name - take note o this one's will even perform miracles o- but he'll say to them, 'go away for I do not know you!'.

Until you people realize that serving God doesn't automatically mean financial prosperity and God has given you a direct link to pray to him, the blood of Jesus made sure that you do not need any other intermediary other than Jesus. The only time you need a shepherd to pray for you is when you have committed a serious sin.
If you keep going through your pastor to pray to God, you are saying the sacrifice isn't enough, abi?
Continue!

What has Jesus done to stop Dem?
Re: Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle by LikeAking: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Goldbw122:
When you can goo on your knees and communicate with God your creator one on one, like a daughter talking to her mother . Well it is a lessons to other, who take their pastor like their God.

What has ur communication with God done for u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joachim Makama: Catholic Priest Dies In Terrible Accident (Photos) / Odumeje Vows To Come For People Accusing Him Of Performing Fake Miracles (Video) / No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.