Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) (72855 Views)

Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid) / Photos Of Porcupine, Monkey, Antelope, Deer & Crocodile Killed By My Brother / Two Deer Caught In A Farm By Onitsha Businessman, Ifeanyi Obunadike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by RaptorX: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by RaptorX: 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
princenaira:

All I see from the discussion thread is a country that is working.

Just for killing am animal, all these concerns are raised but back here in the country, people are being consciously killed on daily basis without any fear
And what is the US murder rates again?
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Pickmycall: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
American police go take samples of the blood stain on the ground,carry am go lab for DNA,He will be track and arrested for murder
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by DaveJacuzie: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Stop spreading superstitious rubbish.
This is science and common sense...
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Talawaka: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Nigerian man hits a deer with his car in the United States and takes it home for eating cheesy

Take a listen!!!

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpseAVJJ4eb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgydUx74baU

I hope he lives in a state that permits the eating of a roadkill.
We wouldn't want the long arm of the law tracking his egusi soup, which is bound to follow, via his social media account.

According to Wide Open Eats, there are currently 30 states that allow you to bring roadkill home for food in some way. For example, you can harvest only non-protected animals in Alabama during the open game season. In Illinois, you need a proper hunting license, and in Massachusetts, a permit is required, and you have to turn in the roadkill for state inspection.

Other states that allow roadkill salvage in some way are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Check with state authorities to find out the exact laws and requirements in your state because many require permits.

Source: https://www.motorbiscuit.com/legal-state-take-roadkill-home-eat/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by etrange: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
deer not antelope. . He should have quickly slit the throat for the blood to come out

This could make it look like a hunt-and-kill. And that might be a problem if this isn't an area or time where hunting is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by MarxisGLABACK: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Well, It really depends on his local laws. His best bet was to call the local law enforcement first and ask them. Like I said, It depends on the laws of his state, but yes, it is often possible to legally salvage the meat from game animals that have been hit and killed in vehicle accidents. You would probably need to have a game warden or police officer verify that it was a motor vehicle accident.

Like in Wisconsin and Illinois, the police have road tags to make it legal. The legality of the situation depends on the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred. If it is illegal to take it, it is due to a legal presumption that people would purposely hit deer with their cars to kill them for their meat if harvesting fresh road kill was not prohibited.
Being an accidental hit, there is no moral problem with using the meat, but it could be a big legal problem if you were careless enough to be caught while getting at it.

Keep in mind that game laws are at the state level and enforced at the state level in the US. The federal government is only involved with migratory game that crosses state borders, such as waterfowl.
In general, though, I’d expect his state wildlife agency to allow harvesting a fresh roadkill, but will want it reported for biologist to monitor herd size and gender distribution. Again, it depends on the state laws. Don't get yourself in legal trouble,rather he shouldn't! 😄

HMM, BROSS UR OWN DON 2MUCH.
ALLOW THE MAN 2 EAT EM ANIMAL IN PEACE NOW
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by abidem4real: 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Nigerian man hits a deer with his car in the United States and takes it home for eating cheesy

Take a listen!!!

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpseAVJJ4eb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgydUx74baU
My guy! Typical Africana!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
lecowas:
Lol. People can take risk Sha. Why u go allow ordinary antelope chase u come back naija. Maybe na village people Sha, what do I know?
where you for see that law? Just dey play o
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ConfidentialDoc: 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Roboto11:
Road kill is allowed.

In Germany he would be arrested.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Roboto11: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

In Germany he would be arrested.

Arrested for hitting the deer 🦌?
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ConfidentialDoc: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
Roboto11:

Arrested for hitting the deer 🦌?

He would be released after questioning.
Many species are protected under EU law.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Thattallgirl(f): 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by drakeli: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
lecowas:
Lol. People can take risk Sha. Why u go allow ordinary antelope chase u come back naija. Maybe na village people Sha, what do I know?

Exactly my thought. How much is meat at the store that he cannot afford it only to put himself at the risk of the law. Even the stress of preparing it won’t let me pick it up. I would rather go to the store and buy whatever meat I want. Village people can make some people do some dumb sh*t

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Roboto11: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

He would be released after questioning.
Many species are protected under EU law.

I'm glad you cleared it up.

He can't be arrested for hitting any species on the highway.

He could be questioned if witnesses can claim he went out of his way to inflict harm on the said animal.

His life is considered more precious than any protected species.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by drakeli: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
MuchAdo:
Why are there so many deers over there

Inferiority complex lun*tics are talking about village people coming back as if US is heaven angry
well…. That video may be his undoing. How much is meat in the market? Obviously not expensive enough to put oneself in danger of the law. It’s not worth the stress and police questioning. I have been a lot of times in close proximity with deers. Staring each other in the eye. It’s not worth the stress and legal risk
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by MuchAdo: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
drakeli:
well…. That video may be his undoing. How much is meat in the market? Obviously not expensive enough to put oneself in danger of the law. It’s not worth the stress and police questioning. I have been a lot of times in close proximity with deers. Staring each other in the eye. It’s not worth the stress and legal risk

What's the big deal in hunting a deer
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by drakeli: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
MuchAdo:

What's the big deal in hunting a deer

The big deal is that you go to jail for illegal hunting . Besides, I believe that guy hit it deliberately for his restaurant business
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by MuchAdo: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
drakeli:

The big deal is that you go to jail for illegal hunting . Besides, I believe that guy hit it deliberately for his restaurant business

What is illegal hunting
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Do u sell burantashi

No
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by drakeli: 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
MuchAdo:

What is illegal hunting

You must possess a valid state license to kill any animal and you can only hunt within the area permitted by your license and not just anywhere. Anything outside of that would land you in jail
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by bigcasava1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
That's how it is done. God said kill and eat
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by MuchAdo: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
drakeli:

You must possess a valid state license to kill any animal and you can only hunt within the area permitted by your license and not just anywhere. Anything outside of that would land you in jail

Wow! undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by kamalbob(m): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
And he cowardly didn't show his face or his plate number lol... He know its clearly illegal
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by uwa244(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Conservationist might come for you for tampering with nature's gift.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by uwuana: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
Kiddogarcia:
Let the man enjoy his kill as long as it is legal.
Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
drop contact make I control
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
Roboto11:
Road kill is allowed.
Normal smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by BarrElChapo(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Well, It really depends on his local laws. His best bet was to call the local law enforcement first and ask them. Like I said, It depends on the laws of his state, but yes, it is often possible to legally salvage the meat from game animals that have been hit and killed in vehicle accidents. You would probably need to have a game warden or police officer verify that it was a motor vehicle accident.

Like in Wisconsin and Illinois, the police have road tags to make it legal. The legality of the situation depends on the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred. If it is illegal to take it, it is due to a legal presumption that people would purposely hit deer with their cars to kill them for their meat if harvesting fresh road kill was not prohibited.
Being an accidental hit, there is no moral problem with using the meat, but it could be a big legal problem if you were careless enough to be caught while getting at it.

Keep in mind that game laws are at the state level and enforced at the state level in the US. The federal government is only involved with migratory game that crosses state borders, such as waterfowl.
In general, though, I’d expect his state wildlife agency to allow harvesting a fresh roadkill, but will want it reported for biologist to monitor herd size and gender distribution. Again, it depends on the state laws. Don't get yourself in legal trouble,rather he shouldn't! 😄

All these stress due to an accidental kill 😂, what if the guy lost his life in the process.. my guy should go and enjoy
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Laple0541(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
lecowas:

Just leave the mumu alone, funny enough he was sharing it online, na repatriation or jail term the mumu dey play with.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by winner37(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
That place no be Nigeria were we don't respect for life, even human beings are slutter daily basis and everything is eatable..

The deer go sweet for pepper soup sha !!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Adefemimoraks(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
there's nothing superstitious about what he said
ChybuzzDD:

Stop spreading superstitious rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Kiddogarcia(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
uwuana:
drop contact make I control

0 90 26 9 63421

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Eat Any Of These Bush Meat Caught By These Hunters / See How I prepared my stew as a single guy. / Man Caught "TAKING" Sallah Meat & Rice By His Host (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.