Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Anambra Is A Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is A Yorubaland (1711 Views)

Just In: Lagos Is Not A Yorubaland – Oba Akiolu / Obiora Okonkwo: Everybody In Anambra Is Talking About Zenith Labour Party Now / "Anambra Is Atikulated" - Jennifer Douglas, Atiku's Wife Shares Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Is A Yorubaland by ardeks(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Anambra is a Yoruba land according to history. A Yoruba man who founded Anambra went to market but he got a call that some visitors were waiting for him, on his way home, he saw a shop where they were selling bras and decided to get for his wife which took him longer than necessary. When he got home and they asked him why he returned late, he said 'àn ńá brà' (meaning we were bargaining bra price) that's how they came up with the name, Anambra.

Shebi all of us are now historians, let's continue that way.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Proudlyomonna: 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Ok You talk true.
Are you happy now grin grin grin
Eko lo kan.
Up Labour.

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by jmoore(m): 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
ardeks:
Anambra is a Yoruba land according to history. A Yoruba man who founded Anambra went to market but he got a call that some visitors were waiting for him, on his way home, he saw a shop where they were selling bras and decided to get for his wife which took him longer than necessary. When he got home and they asked him why he returned late, he said 'àn ńá brà' (meaning we were bargaining bra price) that's how they came up with the name, Anambra.

Seun Kuti, a Yoruba man said Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Instead of the cowards to attack Seun, they are attacking Igbo people.

Epitome of cowardice!!

Who will even fight with you for calling Anambra a Yoruba land?

In fact, Igboland is Yoruba land.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by nnamdi640: 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
I will be glad if this is really truth, Atleast the Yorubas should start getting ready to take what belong to them back. But, come to think of it they haven't taken back Kawra that was obvious talk less of Anambra.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by 00FFT00(m): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
jmoore:

Epitome of cowardice!!

The Oba of Lagos said so too. His grandmother is Bini.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Johnjustice: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
Benin use to control Onitsha, and Anambra environs, igbos emanate from Benin people, most of them.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Solsix(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
Lol, yet una dey say una no fit buy land for Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Johnjustice:
Benin use to control Onitsha, and Anambra environs, igbos emanate from Benin people, most of them.

Igbos were Bini and Ijaw slaves, no emanation happened anywhere. You people were just slaves end of story.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by mrvitalis(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
ardeks:

Absolutely correct ...make Una come invest here ooh
Buy land ,build market ,pay tax , build companies ...come and build your land

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Johnjustice: 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
chiefoga:

Igbos were Bini and Ijaw slaves, no emanation happened anywhere. You people were just slaves end of story.
Of course they are slaves, when I say emanate, I mean Benin developed the areas, of course the tribe is different.
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Coldsperm: 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
You are right @ Op. Anambra belongs to the Yorubas while Lagos is a no man's land period. Enugu also belongs to the Ijaws as well. Ebonyi belongs to the Jukuns. Imo belongs to the Beroms. And from a reliable source, Abia state was founded by some Bachama traders from Adamawa state. And Finally, Lagos is a no man's land and would soon be controlled by the Igbos in 20 years time.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Crystalline(f): 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2023
Yes o, i support you op, Anambra is a Yorubaland, even a no-man's land. Make peace reign.

ardeks:

1 Like

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by FisifunKododada: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
chiefoga:

Ibos were SLAVES to Bini and Ijaws?! Wow, I didn't know this. So Ibo no even get levels

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by amuwo1980: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
We don’t care , just bring ur money along
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by amuwo1980: 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
FisifunKododada:

Ibos were SLAVES to Bini and Ijaws?! Wow, I didn't know this. So Ibo no even get levels

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nitwit all ur threads are Igbo this and that, are you not engaged ?
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by FisifunKododada: 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
amuwo1980:

Nitwit all ur threads are Igbo this and that, are you not engaged ?

Na your papa be nitwit. But, is true that Ijaws and Bini enslaved your ancestors? This is news to me but I will like to confirm. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by humilitypays(m): 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
ardeks:

Yes oh. We really can't wait to welcome millions of Yoruba millionaires and hustlers in Anambra to help build and develop Anambra the Yoruba land.

This is how it ought to be, take the battle to Igbo land and take over Igbo lands as you claim that they want to take over Lagos and Yoruba land, take over Igbo lands so they can withdraw cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by ImoleNaija: 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
ardeks:
When he got home and they asked him why he returned late, he said 'àn ńá brà' (meaning we were bargaining bra price) that's how they came up with the name, Anambra

@bolded, I couldn't help laughing grin grin.
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by llakes4real: 10:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
jmoore:

Epitome of cowardice!!

Peter and Paul Okoye said Anambra is Igalaland, not Iboland.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Advancedpenis: 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
llakes4real:

Peter and Paul Okoye said Anambra is Igalaland, not Iboland.

This particular comment made Wakill to chase your people to Benin republic

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by OGwales(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
'ABIA' originally belongs to the Yorubas because "Abi a" means Arm pit in Yoruba.
🤔

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by JUMO95: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
haven't had a good healthy laughter like this in a while
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by amuwo1980: 1:48am On Mar 13, 2023
FisifunKododada:

Na your papa be nitwit. But, is true that Ijaws and Bini enslaved your ancestors? This is news to me but I will like to confirm. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ok dumbo or retard which ever that suits u better , have u ever tot of killing yourself? I mean this is a worthless life u are living and why don’t get away from all this pain , jump under a truck now , right now
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by ElSudani: 1:53am On Mar 13, 2023
jmoore:

Epitome of cowardice!!

Liar, where is the quote of Seun saying Lagos is not Yorubaland?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Bigshots001(m): 2:39am On Mar 13, 2023
ardeks:

This could be true o, because I have been wondering the connection with bra in the name of the state.
Thanks, this is the perfect history I have been looking for awhile now.
Can I have the title of this history book and Author as well,i will appreciate your response.

Meanwhile,any Yoruba person claiming indigen of Lagos state just because of he/she is from any of the other SW states are really sick on the head and doesn't know his or her history.
I mean like Tinubu and Sanwo Olu are indigens of Lagos state, because they're Yoruba??
God forbid 😪
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Bigshots001(m): 2:47am On Mar 13, 2023
Johnjustice:

Obi of Onitsha is a Son to Oba of Benin.
Use your google very well on that.
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Bigshots001(m): 2:51am On Mar 13, 2023
Coldsperm:
You are right @ Op. Anambra belongs to the Yorubas while Lagos is a no man's land period. Enugu also belongs to the Ijaws as well. Ebonyi belongs to the Jukuns. Imo belongs to the Beroms. And from a reliable source, Abia state was founded by some Bachama traders from Adamawa state. And Finally, Lagos is a no man's land and would soon be controlled by the Igbos in 20 years time.

Bro,stop!
An Afonja might get a cardiac arrest now because of your last sentence.🤣
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by llakes4real: 2:57am On Mar 13, 2023
Advancedpenis:

This particular comment made Wakill to chase your people to Benin republic

We will put you and your kinsmen in the same cage as Wakili.

Do the crime, be prepared for the time!!!
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by raskymonojendor: 3:01am On Mar 13, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by ekolobaba: 3:06am On Mar 13, 2023
U get point sha. Phillip Emeagwali don talk the same thing before.
Onitsha Ado was founded by Oba of Benin and Oba of Benin get Yoruba roots. Parts of Anambra from the Omanbala river to Nsukka self na Igala.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by techWriter3: 3:10am On Mar 13, 2023
Ok You chat true

Uh, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, personal statement, statement of purpose, thesis, or assignment.
Re: Anambra Is A Yorubaland by Mindlog: 3:13am On Mar 13, 2023
Yes, it is Yoruba land...so when are you going to relocate?. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures of Onitcha and Ibadan compare / President Elect, Bola Tinubu Appoint New Cabinets (more In Details) / President Buhari Commissions 2nd Niger Bridge (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.