Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? (814 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese β€˜White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Excess Salt Or Excess Maggi In Food, Which One Can You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? by sammieone(m): 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
Food lovers and food eater should please gather here.
What's is the appropriate number of Maggi in a stew or soup?
Maggi is Monosodium glutamate, commonly known as glutamate or MSG, is used in MAGGI as a flavor enhancer, commonly comes in form of cubes and powder.
Some of our women (and many restaurants) in the process of ensuring sweetness of stew or soup, put lots of seasoning (Maggi) while cooking.
Medically, too much of Maggi is bad for the health.

What's the normal measure or quantity of Maggi per stew or soup( even in jollof rice and other meal)
Re: What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? by Moh247: 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
Maggi and salt In much quantity is very deadly and kills silently

Your water retention is higher with too much salt, over working your heart liver and kidneys and also depleting your calcium

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? by EastAlchemist: 12:29am On Mar 13, 2023
Monosodium glutamate
Us 1
Natural spices always better
Re: What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? by Reality3080: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
Anything wey I wan cook for house e no dey pass 1 cube, just 1 n if person cook for me n she add more than 1 it will taste different n no matter how much energy the person put

I will just politely chop like little n rest

I stayed in d north n I realise they like maggi a lot

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? by EriMma1: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2023
I would say use as desired or until you're satisfied with the taste.

As for me, I use 4 cubes for one derica of jollof rice and I add little or no salt because the seasoning cubes already serve as salt for me.

Then for a medium sized pot of soup, I use 4 cubes. 2 for boiling meat and two in the main soup. For stews, because it's lighter, I use 2 or 3 cubes.

If I don't use meat for the food especially jollof, I can use 5 or 6 cubes because food is meant to be sweet otherwise it will be too bland and boring.to eat. At least I'm still better that one of my neighbors that uses 10 cubes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†.. make una leave me Biko. grin

nlfpmod
Seun
Mynd44

Abeg, make we hear what others use and laugh small.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening At Village Kitchen? / Banana And: / We Deliver Dispenser Water To Your Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.