Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? (413 Views)

Sapele Was Once A No-mans Land By Igbos? / No Mans Land: Iragbiji,Osun Native Bullied Lagosians To Collect 10% Tax Revenue / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by owobokiri(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2023
The laughable anti Igbo vituperations from some emergency Yoruba nationalists in recent times, regarding the notion that "Lagos is a no mans land", are nothing but testaments to a very peculiar strand of inferiority complex, that dominates not just the political mentality of a typical Tinubu follower, but also the total cultural outlook of the majority of the people living around the area in question! Obviously, this kind of re-tarded thinking is far more pronounced within the shameless agbadorian clan of the South West APC. The same set of urchins and partisan hirelings who genuinely believe that a renowned drug lord will be the best brain to lead a country of over three hundred million people out of poverty, while fighting corruption to a standstill!

If as an Igbo man, I walk into Kano city or Kaduna city or Abuja today, and say that these cities are "no mans land" because they are Nigerian cities, and that I consider myself, an Igbo man from Imo State, as a bonafide member of these cities because I have lived in any of those areas for years, no one in those cities will consider me a threat! None will worry because they know where the assertion is coming from! Most will likely laugh at me and move on! It is a testament to their cultural confidence, their self belief and serious mindedness that they were/are not threatened by my harmless submission. Infact, in Kano state, there is a part of the state capital called ""Nomasland"!!! Foreigners live in the Sabon Gari parts of the city, where they can shout "Kano is a no mans land" from morning till night without being interrupted by anyone. You know why? Kano indigenes are self assured of their ownership of their "homeland"!! They are not dragging their land with anyone..

How many times have you heard of the original owners of Abuja complaining of not being respected as "the hosts" and "the accommodators" of other Nigerians? The former Emir of Kano used to invite the local Eze Ndigbo to different cultural activities in his palace. Dude was never feeling threatened! Never in the history of some of these other major cities in Nigeria has any rampaging tout parading around as an "Accommodator in Chief", gone out on election days to use force in other to influence voters from other parts of the country living in "their land", to vote according to the whims and caprices of the socalled "sons of the soil". Yorubas in different parts of Nigeria, from Onitsha through Calabar to Maiduguri, all voted for their candidates without any sort of disturbances! Yet, it was only in Lagos that we were all treated to the theater of the absurd, as a well choreographed plan was unleashed to frighten "immigrants" from voting against the wishes of the "locals".

Local tribalists in Lagos will sell their lands to an Igbo man for the most exorbitant prices you can imagine, use the money for all sorts of hedonistic owambe lifestyles, including spraying Wasiu nonstop, and when the tap runs dry, they will start shouting that "igbos are trying to snatch their Lagos"!!! You see people selling some marshy pieces of swampy and derelict plots in rundown parts of Lagos for the same prices you will get a beachfront estate in Dubai and Miami! They make billions from these every year, but are not satisfied with the buyers, because the buyers forgot to bow to them after paying duely for their spaces! Where is this done? At every turn, you have a wierd looking character determined to remind you that "Lagos belongs to the Yorubas" with all their revolting owomida madness! The question should be; why are you fidgeting!? I thought you claim to be the most sophisticated? Why are you burning markets at night to prove your "sufferstication"? Or Could it be that you have been lying to yourself all along?

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Formularcr7: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2023
What is this IGBO boy saying self?

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by kettykin: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2023
The oil headquarters in Lagos all belong to niger delta . Even edos were known to have discovered Lagos first , that biggest banks in Lagos belong to niger deltans , now what are even yorubas claiming Lagos contributing aside cultism, omonile , area Boys, and this disturbance of the peace and tranquility of Lagos with their loud noise from sham parties and extortion of the innocent businesses in Lagos

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by kettykin: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2023
The topic shows that yorubas claiming Lagos contribute the least to Lagos development.
Niger delta appears to be the major contributors

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Redomi(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2023
She I Lagos belong to you?
Very soon you will know

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by MaliCampus: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2023
Redomi:
She I Lagos belong to you?
Very soon you will know
Lagos remains No man's land.If you don't like it, Go to court.
All them Ekiti,Osun oyo boys claiming Lagos,when the time comes, the real lagosians will kick your Ass back to your state,just like they Kicked Amotekun out of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Redomi(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2023
MaliCampus:
Lagos remains No man's land.If you don't like it, Go to court.
All them Ekiti,Osun oyo boys claiming Lagos,when the time comes, the real lagosians will kick your Ass back to your state,just like they Kicked Amotekun out of Lagos.
Anambra is a Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:15am On Mar 13, 2023
kettykin:

The oil headquarters in Lagos all belong to niger delta . Even edos were known to have discovered Lagos first , that biggest banks in Lagos belong to niger deltans , now what are even yorubas claiming Lagos contributing aside cultism, omonile , area Boys, and this disturbance of the peace and tranquility of Lagos with their loud noise from sham parties and extortion of the innocent businesses in Lagos
How on earth can Edo discover Lagos first?

Ajase/Port novo at the othe side of Lagos is occupied by Yorubas and Egun, Ogun state the other side of Lagos in Nigeria is occupied by Yorubas. So how on earth will Edo now discover Lagos.

You suppose use your Head sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by owobokiri(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2023
kettykin:
The topic shows that yorubas claiming Lagos contribute the least to Lagos development.

Lagos is the financial capital of the country. As a result, the city is highly essential and strategic to Nigeria, in terms of serving as the clearing post for most foreign direct investments into the country. Its amongst the biggest economies in the continent, not because of the socalled policies of one inebriated mutant called Tinubu, but because of the massive infastructural investments in the state by the federal government. Investments that came directly from the collective commonwealth of the country.

Even as a "made state ", Lagos still collects some of the highest amounts from the federation accounts every month as allocations! It's the home to most of Nigerias entrepreneurs! Such a state, with all her strategic importance to the country, should never be surrendered to the hands of a creepy drug lord masquerading as an emergency democrat. Lagos should be left as distinct territory devoid of all sorts of worn out tribalistic claims. Ibadam is the capital of Yorubaland. Let them develop there.
Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2023
kettykin:
Lagos was the federal capital before Nigeria discovered crude oil In commercial quality in Oloibiri.

The ikeja industrial complex was built by Awolowo before ikeja was declared part of the federal capital territory by the military government.

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2023
owobokiri:

Lagos is the financial capital of the country. As a result, the city is highly essential and strategic to Nigeria, in terms of serving as the clearing post for most foreign direct investments into the country. Its amongst the biggest economies in the continent, not because of the socalled policies of one inebriated mutant called Tinubu, but because of the massive infastructural investments in the state by the federal government. Investments that came directly from the collective commonwealth of the country.

Even as a "made state ", Lagos still collects some of the highest amounts from the federation accounts every month as allocations! It's the home to most of Nigerias entrepreneurs! Such a state, with all her strategic importance to the country, should never be surrendered to the hands of a creepy drug lord masquerading as an emergency democrat. Lagos should be left as distinct territory devoid of all sorts of worn out tribalistic claims. Ibadam is the capital of Yorubaland. Let them develop there.
Awolowo built Ikeja industrial complex. Ask your parents.

Ikorodu, Epe and Ikeja were parts of Western region of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by owobokiri(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Awolowo built Ikeja industrial complex. Ask your parents.

Ikorodu, Epe and Ikeja were parts of Western region of Nigeria.
What are you trying to do?
You are trying to postulate that Lagos was by any chance built by the South West or by the Yorubas?
This is why Oshogbo, Ogbomosho and Akure all look like Fallujah, Sirte and Aleppo? You built the ports, the airports, the highways and bridges and..., Right?

Kwantiniu to open your tribal dry nyansh in public
Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2023
owobokiri:

What are you trying to do?
You are trying to postulate that Lagos was by any chance built by the South West or by the Yorubas?
This is why Oshogbo, Ogbomosho and Akure all look like Fallujah, Sirte and Aleppo? You built the ports, the airports, the highways and bridges and..., Right?

Kwantiniu to open your tribal dry nyansh in public
Lol.

Ibadan had the first sky scraper in Nigeria outside Lagos, First television station in Nigeria, First university in Nigeria, first olympic size stadium in Nigeria.

The most performing governor in Lagos history is a Student of Awoism in Jakade.

You guys need to learn history.

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by kettykin: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Lagos was the federal capital before Nigeria discovered crude oil In commercial quality in Oloibiri.

The ikeja industrial complex was built by Awolowo before ikeja was declared part of the federal capital territory by the military government.

And what is the big deal about ikeja industrial complex that has been taken over by churches and warehouses not even 1 industry is working there of recent apart from7up and Coca-Cola. When I am talking about Lagos, I am talking about apapa, ikoyi. Victoria Island marina not some moribund, glorified neighborhoods Harbouring urchins. The real Lagos as I maintained previously is run by non yorubas, know this and know peace

Even the working industries in ikeja are not owned by yorubas

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2023
kettykin:

And what is the big deal about ikeja industrial complex that has been taken over by churches and warehouses not even 1 industry is working there of recent apart from7up and Coca-Cola. When I am talking about Lagos, I am talking about apapa, ikoyi. Victoria Island marina not some moribund, glorified neighborhoods Harbouring urchins. The real Lagos as I maintained previously is run by non yorubas, know this and know peace
lol

So how are those areas Ikoyi etc providing revenue for Lagos?

However, Ikeja/ Sango-ota/Ibadan industrial complex still produces more than 70% of manufactured goods in Nigeria till today.

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by kettykin: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2023
Iamgrey5:
lol

So how are those areas Ikoyi etc providing revenue for Lagos?

However, Ikeja/ Sango-ota/Ibadan industrial complex still produces more than 70% of manufactured goods in Nigeria till today.
You are dragging Ogun state and oyo which is out of the scope of discussion . The island and apapa is where the banks , oil companies hq are located, the ports are in apapa
Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2023
kettykin:

You are dragging Ogun state and oyo which is out of the scope of discussion
I am dragging it

I am just letting you know what Yorubas actually built in Lagos and outside of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by Jogs1900: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Lol.

Ibadan had the first sky scraper in Nigeria outside Lagos, First television station in Nigeria, First university in Nigeria, first olympic size stadium in Nigeria.

The most performing governor in Lagos history is a Student of Awoism in Jakade.

You guys need to learn history.
Bro, I don't think you need to dignify his f**lishness with any response ..The so called FG investments are only in Vi/ikoyi/marina ...after that, nothing ...
Most of these IPOB guys are full of jealousy..

2 Likes

Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by r4bbit: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2023
Lagos is not a "no man's land"
It's a Yoruba land
Re: So, What If Lagos Is A "No Mans Land"!? by YorubaSamurai: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Stupid igbos

(1) (Reply)

Man Storms Lagos Airport To Travel To The US Without A Passport (video) / Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti, Endorses Sanwo-olu For Second Term / APC Clears All 28 Assembly Seats In Borno, Secures 20 In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.