Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ (212 Views)

I Am Only Respecting Tinubu. If You Dare Me, I Will Surprise You - Fubara / Severance Packages Of Retired CBN Deputy Governors Will Surprise Nigerians / Prophecy: Remember Buhari Said His Chosen Will Be Assassinated If Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ by eeetuk(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2023
How the Nigerian President is Chosen Will Surprise You
By eeetuk

Labor party rush to celebrate February 25, 2023, presidential election victories in some states like Lagos, Abuja, and other states proved that the party leadership is not smart.

Victories in Lagos, Abuja and other states credited to Labor party were allocated to them by INEC officials, and not the result of votes earned from polling units in various parts of Nigeria. And in fact, votes allocation was not limited to Labor party alone. All political parties got votes allocated to them by INEC officials.
Why?

Using my email contacts, I was able to talk to many Nigerians who were at different polling units across Nigeria on election day. In talking to people in Nigeria, my understanding is that INEC officials feared escalation of violence in the South if a Northern Nigerian president, Mohammad Buhari is replaced with another Northern person, Atiku Abubakar after 8 years in power. That prompted officials inside INEC to deny Atiku Abubakar any chance of winning the election.

Mary beth Leonard is US Ambassador to Nigeria. After INEC announced Bola Tinubu as president-elect, she issued a statement that said “2023 presidential election failed to meet the expectation of Nigerian people”. This was followed by EU Chief Observer, Barry Andrews. After personally observing 2023 presidential election in Nigeria, Mr. Andrews issued a statement which said this in part “Elections held on schedule, but lack of transparency and operational failures reduced trust in the process and challenged the right to vote”

Both Ambassador Leonard of US and EU chief observer reactions are important because they confirmed what many Nigerians have observed as well.

Now, 2023 presidential election did take place in some parts of Nigeria, but the results from various polling units were not used to decide the election—prompting some political to sort courts investigation. When you looked at 2015 election which featured President Goodluck Jonathan and Mohammad Buhari, the results obtained from various polling units were never used to decide the election---which went in favor of Mohammad Buhari. The officials in INEC office allocated votes to different candidates for two reasons: first, produced the type of outcome they wanted and second to calm down potential violence in the country. That behavior was repeated in 2019 as well. And here we are, on February 25, 2023, patterns have repeated itself.

So, why did Peter Obi run for President of Nigeria in 2023?
I asked this question because Peter Obi does not know that votes cast in Nigeria election are not used to decide winner and loser by INEC officials. Even Atiku Abubakar and governor Wike of Rivers State don’t know that either. On March 11, 2023 Rivers State governor, Mr. Nyesom Wike issued a statement thanking Peter Obi for derailing Atiku Abubakar presidential run. That by itself is a lie. That is because governor Wike failed to admit Atiku Abubakar/Peter Obi ticket in 2019 was a failure. He did not even mention it. I will never blame Peter Obi presidential run for Atiku failure because we had that ticket tested before—resulting in failure. If Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi had run again in 2023, the result will not be different from 2019 results. Why? Free and fair election does not exist in Nigeria and INEC officials have already decided from the get-go that Atiku Abubakar will not replace President Mohammad Buhari
Who disagrees?

Re: How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ by worldTina(f): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2023
Elupee
Re: How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2023
I didn’t read because I can smell the rants of Obidients from a distance
Re: How The Nigerian President Is Chosen Will Surprise You[ by gfelo(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2023
This is just what you thought, so you mean if OBI was declare a winner violence wud have pop up?

(1) (Reply)

Tension As Sanwo-olu, Rhodes-vivour, Adediran Battle For Lagos Governorship Seat / SDP National Assembly candidates declare support for APC State Assembly candidat / Breaking!! International Criminal Court Issues Arrest Warrant For Vladimir Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.