Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin (39118 Views)

Anambra Firetruck Fail To Dispense Water To Quench Fire; Bucket Used (Video) / The Moment Police Arrested Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Attack On Kwankwaso’s Convoy / Abdulmumin Jibrin Sitting On The Floor For Ganduje's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by okoloto: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
We are where we are because the country has been and continue to be in the hands of the wrong people. The earlier we wake up and stop being tribalistic and start electing the right candidates and saying no to rigging the better for us and our children. The world is leaving us behind. The suffering and smiling of the Nigerian people has reach the maximum point.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by mrkia(m): 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2023
As I predicted. My comment in the morning was that CBN will come out to debunk Soludo's statement.

All I know is that CBN will have come out by this time next week and issue statement in compliance with the Supreme court's verdict. Because by the time the election which is PMB's target will have long gone.

I just pity Ezeowere who's been used to inflict this pain on Nigerians....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Blaze14k: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
ShaqFu:
So we wait while the CBN also wait as Nigerians continue to suffer over this thoughtless and cruel policy by the CBN and Buhari.

Lol did u say wait.. im really surprised most nigerians dont even know what is going on. Oga u go wait tire oo
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by ViperX: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
Truth be told, Emefiele printed the New note for Buhari
there’s no money in the system to loot so he printed the New money so Buhari can see funds to loot.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by jesmond3945: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
surgical:
Nigerians should stop being stupid and call the bluff of Emefiele and his boss buhari by enforcing the law as prescribed by the supreme court ,by Continuing to use the old naira among themselves and ignore the cbn with time the cbn will agree with them or when they leave the new government will do the right thing
To ease things for now the people should continue to accept and spend the naira forget Emefiele for now the law is on your side
then who will collect it afterwards if not emefiele

1 Like

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Those bastards should not bring back the old naira notes if dem no want their children to die miserably this month...

Criminals!
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Thatwebdev: 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Viltron:
We are docile in this country. Can't we find this Emefiele guy?
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by And9: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
ubest1:
Buhari is ur president or are you guys afraid of him? leave the innocent man alone

Exactly my thought... The guy was appointed by Buhari and still being instructed by Buhari. angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by EgusiShankly: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
surgical:
Nigerians should stop being stupid and call the bluff of Emefiele and his boss buhari by enforcing the law as prescribed by the supreme court ,by Continuing to use the old naira among themselves and ignore the cbn with time the cbn will agree with them or when they leave the new government will do the right thing
To ease things for now the people should continue to accept and spend the naira forget Emefiele for now the law is on your side
Nigerians are spineless. All these talk about being bold, fearless etc na wash.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Harrynight(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2023

And the daily trust didn't ask the iddiot acting director why they are hording Cash or if the actually want to kill Nigerians by creating cash scarcity.

If you guys don't want us to use the old note then make new note available.... What kind of wickedness is this from all these bas tards
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by airsaylongcome: 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Viltron:

For what exactly? The ultimate power on this issue rests with the President. When he came out to say the old ₦200 was legal tender, the whole country accepted it. Why can he not come out this time around to do the same for the old ₦500 and ₦1000? The truth is that there is more problem about the Naira than the general public is knowledgeable about. The Naira has been over printed. On directives from (or sanctioned by) the president. The president needs to speak on the acceptance of the old notes. Or direct the CBN to speak. Banks are happy to issue the old higher denomination notes. But will not receive it back as deposits. If they really are legal tender, the banks should accept them when presented for over-the-counter deposits.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Harrynight(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
My own is Emefiele must not go scot-free after the destruction he has caused Nigerians

I still wonder why he wake Hale and hearty everyday
GOD WHY🙌

1 Like

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Ykc2(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Ipob pigs will be very happy with this development. To them, Buhari and Emefiele should continue punishing Tinubu. grin

One idiot was with one abokki who uses POS machine for his petty trading yesterday. The abokki was also getting paid by some customers in cash. The idiot was passionately begging the abokki to help him with 2k cash so he transferred to the abokki. I quickly asked him, "but most of you supported the cbn policy because of Tinubu, is Tinubu still feeling the heat"? He didn't respond but continued begging the abokki. At this point, I told the abokki not to listen to him because of his position on the policy.

The abokki immediately responded that I shouldn't bother myself, the clown can continue wasting his time, when he is tired, he will get his sorry arssss out of his sight.
50 people wre killed both in kaduna and kasitina by bandits on Saturday and Sunday did any government officials from North complain?all apc states are breeding ,tinubu who is shaking will soon lose his fraud presidency to boko haram member shettima
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Goodnigga: 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:
Now this is beyond the ridiculous!

What does this guy want to achieve? What's the endgame? Is it his ego at play here or what exactly?

This policy is killing the hustlers in Nigeria. Livelihoods are at stake
after elections on Saturday bro. Then he will release a good amount of new notes. Say no to vote buying, secondly old notes stashed must rot. Thirdly, make BAT no rejoice yet, how many Nigerians, not even the Yorubas nor Hausas rejoiced about his certificate-to-be returned paper. At the end, no presidency nor Lagos for BAT
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by zoraro(m): 5:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
Offpoint1:
grin grin grin grin

Buhari na man!

Yes, Na foolish Man He be.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by OnyesomJ(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Why this people like to suffer common man for no just reason, hunger and Angry everywhere..
I don tire for this clueless and Failing Country. They need to scrap CBN i don't see their importance anymore. angry
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by nedu666: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Ipob pigs will be very happy with this development. To them, Buhari and Emefiele should continue punishing Tinubu. grin

One idiot was with one abokki who uses POS machine for his petty trading yesterday. The abokki was also getting paid by some customers in cash. The idiot was passionately begging the abokki to help him with 2k cash so he transferred to the abokki. I quickly asked him, "but most of you supported the cbn policy because of Tinubu, is Tinubu still feeling the heat"? He didn't respond but continued begging the abokki. At this point, I told the abokki not to listen to him because of his position on the policy.

The abokki immediately responded that I shouldn't bother myself, the clown can continue wasting his time, when he is tired, he will get his sorry arssss out of his sight.

Online voltron, real life coward. When is this ur movie coming out.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by grandstar(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

What does this guy want to achieve? What's the endgame? Is it his ego at play here or what exactly?

If I were tp use a proactive term for it, it would be "frustrating"

If it was a reactive term, it would he "miserable".

Anyway one sees it, the policy has had a crushing effect on people.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by oluwaseyi0: 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
My own is Emefiele must not go scot-free after the destruction he has caused Nigerians

We should be canvassing for Buhari to be impeached and jailed for this, emefiele is just a servant that follows Buhari orders

1 Like

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by frankmoney(m): 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
What kind of rubbish is all this one
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Dedeity: 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Viltron:
Buhari is your president not Emefiele
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by grandstar(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
I think the Anambra governor did it to embarrass the CBN

Charles Soludo was once the governor of the CBN, and therefore fully knows how it works.

Soludo wants to expose the outright disobedience of the CBN to the court order from the Supreme Court, which made the old 200, N500 and N1000 legal tender till the very end of the year.

1 Like

Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by pquaver(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
ShaqFu:
So we wait while the CBN also wait as Nigerians continue to suffer over this thoughtless and cruel policy by the Cbn, Obi and Buhari.
Don't omitted him, he was in support of the suffering from beginning
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Take heart, bro. That line about "killing the hustlers" really touched me. We shall overcome.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by ShaqFu: 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
Blaze14k:

Lol did u say wait.. im really surprised most nigerians dont even know what is going on. Oga u go wait tire oo
what exactly is going on, since you're in the know?
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by OblorOblor: 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Your condition is irredeemable! BP is real!
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

For what exactly? The ultimate power on this issue rests with the President. When he came out to say the old ₦200 was legal tender, the whole country accepted it. Why can he not come out this time around to do the same for the old ₦500 and ₦1000? The truth is that there is more problem about the Naira than the general public is knowledgeable about. The Naira has been over printed. On directives from (or sanctioned by) the president. The president needs to speak on the acceptance of the old notes. Or direct the CBN to speak. Banks are happy to issue the old higher denomination notes. But will not receive it back as deposits. If they really are legal tender, the banks should accept them when presented for over-the-counter deposits.
Okay, I agree with you.
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by starz100: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Nigeria is the easiest country to rule, the people are so docile ;anowon die,anowon quech,...Fela
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Ray02: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
Generalwoodz:
CBN is moving mad! The fuccking election has come and gone. Why are you being utterly devilish by subjecting millions of Nigeria citizens to deep and daily agony? You keep their cash perpetually out of the reach. Make them against wish to purchase currencies. This all round evil, sinful, iniquitous, depraved, vicious, corrupt, vile, nefarious, pernicious, and destructive,
Shebi they used it to deceive gullible people that they are fighting one politician. Has the politician not used it to his advantage?, People believing they are fighting for him, not remembering, this government has always been about dishing out uncomfortable policies.
Or is the politician still contesting? Why are they still not doing the right thing? Do they still have another politician they are fighting? Lol
May God help us sha
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Ray02: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=BeauBragnar11 post=121709024]

I love this movie eeehhh?? grin grin

Jim Iyke really murdered that role mehnnn..[/quote
The guy is a good script writer 🤣🤣
Re: CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin by Ray02: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
BrutusOj:
What is all this na? Supreme court and APC say accept old naira notes, CBN say don't dispense or collect old naira notes. Which one are we?
Which APC, Buhari Don commot APC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters / Ibrahim Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Their Younger Days (Throwback Pic) / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.