Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg (33791 Views)

Enugu North: Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Loses Senate Bid To Lp's Okey Ezea / Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
Moderators should help this reach fp.

Cc Mynd44 Nlfpmod seun Dominique
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by davillian(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
When I was serving I told them I would not do
And anything they want to do I don't care....
How much they want to pay me to engage myself in a high risk job....
Bleep the money , Bleep inec and Bleep Nysc.....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
All you said were truth I had similar experience 2010 bye election in bauchi state when the present governor decide to leave Senate for fct minister

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Livelystone01: 12:50am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu.

Those who will do this work in 2027 will experience worse things if Tinubu isn't kicked out of that office by the Supreme Court.
Some of you are too negative. Instead of channeling your energy to learn skills, grow
and develop yourself, you are busy issuing curses as if it is a crime to vote for a candidate.

...democracy, yet you guys blow out negative words against those who did things according to what they desired. What's with some of your attitudes in this forum?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Totilopussylick(m): 2:19am On Mar 14, 2023
The part where there's a visitation of Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc are cooked up stories but INEC will have to take the blame tongue
jmoore:
INEC chairman na mumu. Hundreds of billions of naira was mismanaged on this poor election.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Neweramify(f): 8:20am On Mar 14, 2023
Totilopussylick:
The part where there's a visitation of Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc are cooked up stories but INEC will have to take the blame tongue

Everything I wrote up there is nothing but the truth.

We killed snake that night, Two big rat etc.
Two female Corp members fell down while running that night, one had a very big cut on her face.

We slept in an open field surrounded by bushes without light and you don't expect this to happen. Make your findings Sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by kcpumping(m): 8:29am On Mar 14, 2023
We were treated same way in 2011 in Ogun State.

I mobilised all ota Corp members and we stormed abeokuta for our money. When the commission wanted to play us we headed to the rock fm to make the whole stuff go on air. But on realising that, the man sent for me and my guys and appealed that the money will be paid within 24hrs. He even ask us to go to Rock fm and broadcast it with his car.

Go and verify. *We were paid same day*

That country don cast tey tey

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by eroticecstasy: 10:18am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:
MY EXPERIENCE AS INEC AD-HOC STAFF IN ENUGU NORTH LGA

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

it all happened without any medical personal on ground.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.
I'm grateful to God for a peaceful conduct in my polling unit.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

A Corp member said to one of the officials,

i quote "please sir, why is INEC treating us like animals"

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
Corp members affair (NYSC)
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Mobs Please help move this to front page

This is the wrong place for this, take it to their Twitter page!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Enemyofpeace: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2023
Una money don enter voice-mail.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by olu122: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2023
Happy Wednesday kindly contact us today we are always available
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by AlphaWolf27: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2023
this is all made up lies.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by sammirano: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2023
NYSC is not doing enough in it's orientation. Many corp member fail to understand the meaning of National service. Think of what you can do for your country rather than what your country can do for you. Be Loyal Upto death!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by marcopollo(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

You're an evidence that fools exist. Only a foolish corper would work for INEC. You're just endangering your life for nothing. God forbid me working for INEC when I was a corper. I dey craze?!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

E looooooo P!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by WIZGUY69(m): 10:22am On Mar 15, 2023
grin Almost 400 billion Naira budget and you can’t even see #5000 from it.

It can never be well with Nigeria
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Blaze14k: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2023
A real urchin can never believe this story cos its from southeast, that is how crazy these guys are
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by AntiChristian: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2023
grin

dm no suppose pay una!

See una work?

Simple addition...

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by arantess: 10:23am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

The experience is bad
Nigeria lacks organization in many things
As for the money, no one has received it will be after the whole election

Stay safe this weekend
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by lotkyes200: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2023
Its the same experience every where ooo i have friend in other state who said they suffer like you🤣
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by arantess: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2023
AlphaWolf27:
this is all made up lies.
It's not
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

you guys will be paid. Sometimes, they combine pay for both elections.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:26am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

All those actions were done to frustrate Obi

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by campbelljosh(m): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Imagine people who worked to get the election done got treated in this manner. Do you think if they offer each of them 100k to rig the election while on empty stomach they would think twice?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by BigDawsNet: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Weldone ... you need to relax.. inec will pay you guys.. they can't cheat government official like you guys... thas why you have LI and state coordinator.. just make sure you report the case to tour LI whenever he visit for ur capturing...
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by arantess: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Trapnews:
grin
My useless mother too greedy, this is what she want to import to Lagos. Yeye woman!
We know na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Wike Congratulates President Buhari / Buhari: MURIC Blames Saraki For Impeachment Threat / Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Ajayi: Who Will Win Ondo Governorship Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.