Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg (33767 Views)

Enugu North: Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Loses Senate Bid To Lp's Okey Ezea / Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Nosa111(m): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2023
With the 300+ billions of naira govern to INEC, they still treated their workers that way. We the black, evil runs in our veins. What manner of wickedness.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by savcy(m): 10:28am On Mar 15, 2023
I had a similar experience back in 2019 at Pankshin LGA, Plateau state. By instruction we arrived the LGA INEC office around 3pm with eagerness to receive materials and depart. Usually by 4pm the cold starts there. By 11pm we had received no words from anyone, still just idling away in the extreme cold. Everyone, especially those of us new to the climate were shivering like no tomorrow. I don't know how we managed to survive the cold and hunger we suffered that night with absolutely nothing by way of supplies. Not even covering one's body with weather jackets or even thick duvets seemed to improve the situation. It was complete hell. Not one official was kind enough to come out and even utter encouraging words.

Around 2am, we were informed that the election had been postponed. I saw fellow Corps members lying out in the open on grass like destitutes. After all said and done, after the election was done, it took a protest before the EO gave us our stipends. See ehn, Nigeria is rotten, so rotten that I don't think we even appreciate how deeply decayed it is. Our public offices are filled with people whose heart have been seared with red-hot iron. They're are demonically wicked and fiendish. don't even know how. It astounds me how we managed to reach these levels of societal rot and wickedness.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by donestk(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2023
Corpers are expendable
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by faceLAGOS: 10:30am On Mar 15, 2023
Continue risking your lives when their children are flexing in the uk.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:
The money that must have been approved but some wicked set of people want to sit on it.

So many opportunists in Nigeria
and I heard 300 billion was allocated to them for this election.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by daygee12: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:
The money that must have been approved but some wicked set of people want to sit on it.

Like Obi
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ebenholer2(m): 10:34am On Mar 15, 2023
I GUESS U ARE NEW TO THE SYSTEM....THIS IS A PROBLEM PECULIAR TO ALL THE SOUTHERN STATES WHILE THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED AS AD HOC STAFF HAS SINCE BEEN PAID IN THE NORTH. BLAME YOUR LEADERSHIP FOR IT. INEC HAS SINCE RELEASED THE MONEY. I HAD THE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE IN LAGOS 4YEARS AGO, AND I EVENTUALLY WORKED FOR FREE WITHOUT BEING PAID. SOUTHERNS ARE USUALLY CORRUPT IN ALL SECTORS EVEN RELIGIOUS-WISE.
THE WORST OF IT ALL WAS THAT SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID NOT EVEN PARTICIPATE AS AD HOC STAFF WILL BE PAID THE MONEY. I LEARNT THE MONEY I AM MEANT TO BE PAID WAS PAID TO SOMEONE WHOSE NAME WAS USED TO REPLACE MINE. I DID THE WORK, AND I ANOTHER PERSON GET PAID.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by alizma: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2023
You were not inform too? Ok, continue
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by OmoGomesIlorin: 10:37am On Mar 15, 2023
To serve Nigeria with all our strenght. This same process every year.

ebenholer2:
I GUESS U ARE NEW TO THE SYSTEM....THIS IS A PROBLEM PECULIAR TO ALL THE SOUTHERN STATES WHILE THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED AS AD HOC STAFF HAS SINCE BEEN PAID IN THE NORTH. BLAME YOUR LEADERSHIP FOR IT. INEC HAS SINCE RELEASED THE MONEY. I HAD THE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE IN LAGOS 4YEARS AGO, AND I EVENTUALLY WORKED FOR FREE WITHOUT BEING PAID. SOUTHERNS ARE USUALLY CORRUPT IN ALL SECTORS EVEN RELIGIOUS-WISE.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Tee2027: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2023
Young man you are one of obidient na, shey when we told you cash swap is satanic you attacked us and called us names and said you are cool with it because you believe one man want to buy votes forgeting that over 200 million people will suffer it most so pls where did you want INEC to get money to carer for your needs?

Pls tell your story to that two wicked souls called Obi and Atiku ok they created cash swap they will sort you and your obidient out. Una neeva seen anything yet.

Good day.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Yomit71(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:
MY EXPERIENCE AS INEC AD-HOC STAFF IN ENUGU NORTH LGA

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

it all happened without any medical personal on ground.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.
I'm grateful to God for a peaceful conduct in my polling unit.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

A Corp member said to one of the officials,

i quote "please sir, why is INEC treating us like animals"

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
Corp members affair (NYSC)
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Mobs Please help move this to front page
Igbos are heartless, no human feelings whatsoever.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Tommydare(m): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2023
Na Tinubu no pay them? Did Tinubu had any hand in this problem? How e take concern him? Too much obsession ....
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu. Nigerians don't deserve pity.

Those who will do this work in 2027 will experience worse things if Tinubu isn't kicked out of that office by the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by BigBrother9ja: 10:41am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu.

Those who will do this work in 2027 will experience worse things if Tinubu isn't kicked out of that office by the Supreme Court.
or deh
Is Tinubu responsible for all your frustrations in your life? And parent's failure
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Allisgud: 10:41am On Mar 15, 2023
Shame to some of u who help rig the election
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 10:41am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

The money was part of the 43 billion Tinubu used in bribing wike to sell his state for PDP. Inec is shambolic in nature
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by franchasofficia: 10:41am On Mar 15, 2023
INEC is a failed institution, even some Corpers that worked in Lagos haven't been paid a dime.

Seems Nigeria should outsource her election conduct to United Nation or something cos Nigeria isn't ready to be a country, useless people angry
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ebenholer2(m): 10:42am On Mar 15, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:
To serve Nigeria with all our strenght. This same process every year.

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Lashist(m): 10:43am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

So this thread is about Tinubu?

How big is the free space Tinubu is renting in some of you guys oblongata?

Comot smart from your moniker cos it's opposite of reality
Have you forgotten how you idiots shouted buhari 4+4 but now una dey regret. Some of your fellow urchins are now regretting voting buhari twice. This is how it will be if tinubu rules twice. How will he win with fraud and expect fraud not to be celebrated in his govt. The amount of negligence towards the masses and corruption will only triple since its what brought him into power. Funny thing is that idiots like you will also weep. It's not only pdp and LP supporters that will suffer when naija deteriorates
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Zeewirld: 10:44am On Mar 15, 2023
Whois:
I served in enugu and I had the same experience when we were used as PO. We were made to sleep on open field in Michael Okpara Square and the next day was same story, we were abandoned to sleep on open field in our Local govt secretariat. At the end of the elections some Corp member didn't receive payment but some lucky ones received double payment.
...How is receiving double payment a luck?? That was stealing.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by atobs4real(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

Nothing is working most expecialy in the eastern State.
In Lagos, feeding of ₦4,500 and ₦13,000 was paid for the job.
The Enugu handler should be scrutinized
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Fearyourcreator: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu. Nigerians don't deserve pity.

Your brain dey leak...

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by mekusmanuel(f): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2023
I feel your pain. I had the same similar experience here in Oshmili South, Asaba. We are neglected in toto. I had severe catarrh, cough and body pains that cost me a lot. Na just day before yesterday they sent in the money. Corps members are not valued and we risk a lot

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by atobs4real(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

In Lagos, feeding of ₦4,500 and ₦13,000 was paid for the job.
The Enugu handler should be scrutinized
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ebenholer2(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2023
ebenholer2:
THE WORST OF IT ALL WAS THAT SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID NOT EVEN PARTICIPATE AS AD HOC STAFF WILL BE PAID THE MONEY. I LEARNT THE MONEY I AM MEANT TO BE PAID WAS PAID TO SOMEONE WHOSE NAME WAS USED TO REPLACE MINE. I DID THE WORK, AND I ANOTHER PERSON GET PAID.
IT WAS A BITTER EXPERIENCE I WILL NEVER FORGET HONESTLY.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by logizorla: 10:49am On Mar 15, 2023
SORRY!!!! SORRY!!!! SORRY!!!
SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME AND OTHER INEC ADHOC STAFF AT AGBARU LGC ATANI IN ANAMBRA STATE, GOVERNOSHIP ELECTION
NOVEMBER 2022 THOUGH I WAS NOT A CORPER, HOWEVER IN MY OWN CASE I BOYCOTT THE ELECTION IN THE ELEVENTH HOUR AFTER ALL MATERIALS INCLUDNG THE SECRET CODE FOR UPLOADING RESUTS WERE GIVEN TO ME, THE THING PAINED THEM, BECAUSE THEY WERE SHORT OF PARTICIPANTS, AND THE THING SWEET ME, BUT HUNGER DEALT WITH ME SHA.
THE INEC OFFICIAS CLOSED TO US WERE THE ONES WHO CHOP THE MONEY, BECAUSE I KNEW THE MONEY WAS RELEASED TO THEM.

GOING BACK TO BVAS, FROM MY TRAINING WITH INEC AND THE EXPERIENCE GATHERED, IF ANYONE TELLS YOU UPLOADING OF RESULT ON BVAS IS NOT POSSIBLE, TELL THEM ITS A LIE, INEC HAVE BEEN UPLOADING RESULT WITH BVAS SINCE LAST YEAR, SO WHY SHOULD THEY TELL LABOUR PARTY THAT THERE WAS A GLITCH IN ALL BVAS AT ONCE ALL OVER THE FEDERATION? LIARS.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by SmartPolician: 10:49am On Mar 15, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Your brain dey leak...

Dr., Fix it...
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by FireUpNow(m): 10:50am On Mar 15, 2023
Provision and allocation was made to cater for this purpose but some wicked and greedy elements did what they know how to do best
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by mp3ree: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

You dey craze. Is tinubu working for once?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ebenholer2(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2023
Lashist:

Have you forgotten how you idiots shouted buhari 4+4 but now una dey regret. Some of your fellow urchins are now regretting voting buhari twice. This is how it will be if tinubu rules twice. How will he win with fraud and expect fraud not to be celebrated in his govt. The amount of negligence towards the masses and corruption will only triple since its what brought him into power. Funny thing is that idiots like you will also weep. It's not only pdp and LP supporters that will suffer when naija deteriorates
THIS ISSUE IS NOT JUST ALL ABOUT BUHARI BUT ALSO ABOUT PERSONALITIES THAT INCLUDE YOUR ETHNIC GROUP, YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND YOU CHURCH MEMBERS WHO ARE AS WELL CORRUPT. GOVERNMENT PLAYED HER PART BY RELEASING THE MONEY AND FOLLOWED SUIT ON HOW IT IS SPENT BUT ON GETTING TO CORRUPT STATES IT WILL BE DIVERTED. WE OFTEN OVER-FOCUS ON THOSE AT THE PEAK OF LEADERSHIP WITHOUT REALIZING WE HAVE A PART TO PLAY IN BRINGING SANITY TO THE NATION.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by bigman001(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Bunch of wicked people, how do you expect a country to grow when the level of greed is at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ceeceeuwa: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2023
Slynation:
The matter was tiring, but you are not alone on this, most people I knew that worked for INEC hasn't received shi-shi...
Are you saying it is the right thing? That he should remain mute since he is not the only on affected .
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by olamike02: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Go and buy boots and kick him out. Those that voted for him will sit and watch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Presidential Speech: Buhari Is A Big Hypocrite – Omokri / Dino Melaye Pictured With Segun Arinze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.