Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats (37585 Views)

Sanwo-olu: Lagos Govt Will Shut Down Any Bank That Rejects Old Notes / Gov Abiodun To Ogun Residents: I'll Deal With Anyone Who Rejects Old Naira Notes / Activists Renew Endsars Protest Despite Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by chokekachy: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
Governor Abiodun had vowed to deal with "every market, trader, petrol station, banker" refusing old naira notes

But shockingly, in another video, obtained by PREMIUM TIMES, an attendant at a filling station belonging to Governor Dapo Abiodun has been captured rejecting the old N500 and N1000 notes, despite a warning by the governor against the act.

Mr Abiodun threatened to lock up stores, banks, and supermarkets among other businesses which have refused to accept the banknotes as legal tender.

The governor further asked residents to report to him directly any case of rejection of the old notes, saying he would shut down any business involved.

In February while campaigning in Abeokuta North Local Council at the popular Kampala market in Itoku, the governor told traders that he would shut down any bank that refused the old notes.

Again, while speaking to his followers in a video sighted by a PREMIUM TIMES reporter on social media, the governor re-emphasised his stance.

In the video, Mr Abiodun said: “I am hereby sounding a note of warning to every market trader, petrol station, bank that are reducing old naira notes; if you’re reported to me, I will deal with you with the fullest extent of the law.

“The Supreme Court of Nigeria is the highest court of the land. The Supreme Court has ruled that the old naira notes remain legal tender. The deadline has been moved to 31 December

“I will lock up your shop if they tell me you don’t accept old notes. Anytime you take an old note to banks and they refuse to accept it, call me. I will lock up the doors of such banks, including supermarkets.

“You transport unions and transporters, don’t reject the old money. If you take it to the bank and it was rejected, I will collect it from you and take it to the bank myself,” Mr Abiodun stated emphatically.

However, despite the governor’s threat, banks and businesses in the state have been rejecting the old naira notes.

But in a new video, the attendant at the governor’s own filling station told a motorist that the station was not accepting old naira notes.

The motorist, who spoke in Yoruba, retorted, “Why will you not take old notes? The governor has ordered that businesses should accept old notes, or is this not the governor’s fuel station? No problems, thank you.”

Efforts to speak with the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Kunle Shomorin, were fruitless as he neither picked up calls put across to his phone nor responded to text messages.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/587548-ogun-governors-filling-station-rejects-old-naira-notes-despite-state-governments-threat-of-clampdown.html

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by BurialGround: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin

One of them told us in 2015 that he gave Osibanjo his right because MUSLIM MUSLIM ticket will destabilize Nigeria but today we know better.

272 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Massiveglory: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin
Who de deceive who!

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by yesloaded: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by jmoore(m): 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
Even if Buhari gives order for continuation of old 500 and 1,000 notes, I will still reject it from anyone that wants to pay me with such.

What Nigeria needs are new notes. What is preventing Buhari from printing more new notes?

Collect the old notes at your own peril. Even the useless courts do not accept old notes from lawyers who want to file a case.

198 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by nairavsdollars(f): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hypocrites

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Pierocash(m): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
They kept threatening residents even when they know where to take their threats to- banks. But no,they are threatening powerless citizens instead of taking their threats to the banks. Weaklings.

If they believe they have power,then shut down the banks and let's see. Chest beaters.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Megabig: 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
He should start from there…. Lmao

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by logicalhumour: 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
It's not about you and your petty cash. It's about the big fat bundles he has stocked in his overhead tanks. That's why he wouldn't collect more from you (the masses) —unless it's officially safe for him to do so.

Nigerians will never have sense.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Newton2024: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Between Dapo Abiodun and Yahaya Bello, I don't know who is a worse, more unfortunate wild animal. In a sane society, these people are supposed to be serving life sentences.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by bigdammyj: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Noted.
Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by wilmerameg: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Who do we believe now ?

Nigeria is tiring, to be honest.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by gaby(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
Let's see how he deals with himself.

Eleyi 1...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by wilmerameg: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
This is really getting out of hand.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Nbote(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
Useless hypocrites... Even NNPC feel station is insisting on cash for sales...

7 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Seequadry(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
The attendants is gone
Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Legitimate: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
To all the supporters of Tinubu, Obi and Atiku, gather here for a short prayer.

If you claim that your candidate won the presidential election through genuine people's mandate, may you live long with all the good things of life added to you. But if you claim that your candidate won, but deep down in your heart, you know he didn't win, may it not be well with you and your generation.

Say amen if you're 100% sure 😃😃😃

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Larryndelaw: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
BurialGround:
grin

One of them told us in 2015 that he gave Osibanjo his right because MUSLIM MUSLIM ticket will destabilize Nigeria but today we know better.
Are you still.on these matter. Stay there , train don move

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by chigator2: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
HYPOCRISY IN THE ZOO grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Zimzy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
Toh
Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by sacajawea: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
Fill
Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by israelmao(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
No amount of threat from any governor will resolve this issue until the CBN implements Supreme Court judgment and that's not likely until after governorship election .

3 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by nedekid: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
This guyman. grin

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by dapsoneh: 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2023
E don cast grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by benitwater(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
If this is true the governor should with immediate effect lock up the filling station.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by Johnthum(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
cool

You dey mind Yoruba people talk

Those ones no get Liver to take any action.

IBB said it all 💯

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by KanuSE: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Nigerians don't know any better, especially that cursed & useless Brushstrokes20 grin

Oloríbú Omo òshì.
Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by PHIPEX(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sanwolu's BRT rejects old notes too

They are just decieving the gulible

7 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun's Filling Station Rejects Old Naira Notes, Despite Threats by brushesz: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters / Ife Chiefs Debunk Ooni's Death / FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.