Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It (37582 Views)

FFK: I Will Only Leave APC If Muslim/Muslim Ticket With Muslim VP Is Adopted / Wike: I Am Not Friends With FFK, I Don't Like Fake Things (Video) / FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by PMBNG(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Femi Fani-Kayode, a former minister of Aviation has apologised for insulting a journalist in Calabar, Cross River State capital, last week.

The apology of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP chieftain comes barely a day after he remained defiant, oiling his ego over the unfortunate outburst wherein he described the media practitioner as being very stupid.

A question by the journalist, Eyo Charles, attached to one of the national dailies, on who was bankrolling his tours across states of the federation necessitated the outburst. He had vowed yesterday not to apologise for his verbal attacks despite criticism that greeted it when a video clip of what transpired surfaced online.

But in a statement this morning, the former minister said he regretted using the word stupid and have withdrawn it after being advised to do so. He also denied sending one of his security aides to interrogate the journalist.

“I met with my advisors & I wish to say the following. I hereby withdraw the word “stupid” which I used in my encounter with a journalist in Calabar. I have many friends in the media who I offended by losing my cool & using such words. I hereby express my regrets for doing so,” the PDP chieftain said.

“I do however wish to state categorically that no threat of physical harm was ever made to the journalist in question and neither did I send anyone to threaten him. Anyone that says otherwise is lying and I challenge them to bring the proof.

“I would never seek to physically harm a journalist. For the last 30 years I have defended & worked with journalists & fought for the right of freedom of expression. I am also very close to many in that profession. I would be the last to seek to disparage those that are honorable and noble within its ranks.

“I hope that this will assuage the pain and anger of anyone that was hurt or offended by this ugly episode. I have now put this matter behind me and moved on. Now my tour of the South continues. Moving to another state today!” he added.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/fani-kayode-apologises-for-insulting-journalist/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by unclemaths(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2020
I cannot be held responsible for the safety of this rude young man because I do not know what he does or who else he may have insulted, robbed, cheated or offended.

I do not know whether he is a thief, a murderer, a rogue, a dumpster, a Yahoo boy or one of those morally bankrupt and shameful men that sleeps with other peoples wives. I do not know who may be after him if anyone at all and neither do I care. His present or future travails, if any, have absolutely nothing to do with me.

Well, how is that for an apology?

FTC dedicated to all the children of the world whose education is staggered by this pandemic ; and to parents who must keep struggling to make things happen.

May normalcy be restored in the world at large.

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by sodiqapril(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Lol..he can shove the apology up his ass..Femi broke shamed the man asking him who's son he is and he kept shouting "do you know who I am?" If Femi of all people that critisizes people using violent and uncouth words can get annoyed by a simple question then fxck him. It means he doesn't really hate oppression he hates been the one oppressed... I hope the NUJ can see this and not invite him in the future cus he clearly disrespected them. As for the other journalists there..I no even Sabi wetin to talk . if they actually know their onions they should have asked him the Same question. If you don't see anything wrong with wat ffk did.you are just a double faced hypocrite and as s licker

279 Likes 20 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2020
He should send the useless apology to the IPob vandals who lick his urine on Facebook and Twitter...

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2020
Fani my man. Go and sin no more. Then you should finally clear the air how you got funds for the projects.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Charmingrascal(m): 8:57am On Aug 26, 2020
He is mad

I want to see if he will still continue his unprovoked attacks on people whose ideology and views are different from his after he has shown us all that he can't take a pinch of his slanderous and libellous attacks on other people.

He is a selfish non altruistic and egoistic hypocrite, with no respect for freedom of expression which he himself has been abusing.

What baffles me is the fact that no PDP person has made a comment about this scandalous act of Femi, but if it was the other way round the media would have been agog with different barrage of insensitive comments and insult from the PDP folks.

I am also agazed with the fact that some dingbats here on NL are defending the shameful act.

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by swiz123(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2020
Only God knows how he abused those that worked under his ministry. He should take this mockery of an apology and shove it up his miserable stinking dark hole. The shots have already been fired.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by techmo(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
cool

His Paymasters have threatened to stop Bankrolling him hence the sudden apology

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Righteousness89(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2020
That's a Good One..

The ability to Humble yourself and Apologize is Commendable..

That's a Very Good one From FFK

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by omenka(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's a Good One..

The ability to Humble yourself and Apologize is Commendable..

That's a Good one From FFK
On the other thread, you said he was right to have attacked the reporter. Now, you're still saying he's right to have apologised.

You're no different from FFK, concealing your hate under the cloak of religious garbage.

Imagine ffk on Head to Head on Aljazeera or HardTalk on BBC of facing off with Amanpour on CNN.

I don't blame him or those who support him, I blame the cowardly journalist who took such vicious dress down and went ahead to apologize to his attacker.

You pdp fanatics are way worse than the people you criticize.

176 Likes 28 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Righteousness89(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2020
[s]
omenka:
On the other thread, you said he was right to have attacked the reporter. Now, you're still saying he's right to have apologised.

You're no different from FFK, concealing your hate under the cloak of religious garbage.

Imagine ffk on Head to Head on Aljazeera or HardTalk on BBC of facing off with Amanpour on CNN.

I don't blame him or those who support him, I blame the cowardly journalist who took such vicious dress down and went ahead to apologize to his attacker.

You pdp fanatics are way worse than the people you criticize.
[/s]

Why Engage in Lies, Deceit and all that Evil..

May God Have Mercy you my Brother..

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by xstyle: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2020
Good move

1 Like

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by omenka(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

Pretentious bigot.

Your words:

Righteousness89:
Hahahaha Hahahaha!
FFk gave it to the Guy Real Hot!!

I am not your brother. God forbid I ever be.

Spits.

180 Likes 25 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by heykims(m): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2020
FFK remains the most irrelevant, paper weight politician I ever know and he only reasons after he finishes talking.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Nadaken: 9:26am On Aug 26, 2020
The crackhead came to his senses after his evening wrap and advice from his baby mama.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Iceyjayzz(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2020
Nice one, big mouth like him..
Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by elantraceey(f): 9:27am On Aug 26, 2020
He only withdrew the word 'stupid' and I see no apology there.

Hello guys.
I need Forex traders of any difficulty (even those willing to learn) who are willing to build a strong network marketing team to earn $125 to $25,000 weekly. If you're interested, hit me up. https:///2349064692200

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Nadaken: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

He isn't lieing stop been an hypocrite

You hate oppression only when it doesn't suit your agenda

One love

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Authoreety: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2020
FFK DON FALL OUR HAND..

3 Likes

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Marine54(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2020
omenka:
Pretentious bigot.

Your words:

I am not your brother. Hod forbid I ever be.

Spits.
Shut up tropical Fulani's that never forgive and forget....

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by ChocolateWine(f): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2020
Na my life be this?

Ordinary journalist I cannot overcome, when 30 year olds are toppling Mali government

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by KossyKiss97(f): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2020
This man is a BIG clown.
Me myself I was asking myself how someone would sit down and call his fellow man, probably someone's father STUPID. Honestly it was not nice and really unnecessary.

Need children Educational tablets. Please call me 08060291729

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by ipobarethieves: 9:34am On Aug 26, 2020
cool u dey brag b4 like condemned engine.Damage is done already.Spit sad

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Iyke1998(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2020
The journalist and the media house should press charges against him and make some cool money

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by frankmoney(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2020
The most annoying part of the press conference was when the other journalist were telling the guy "you see yourself , " shebi i tell you " .

Like what the heck , the journalist did absolutely nothing wrong . And they are trying to talk him down

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by Offpoint: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Last night I decided to visit Righteousness 89 and I got late I decided to spend the night with at his place.
Brethren, this was is like to spend a night at a place.

9pm a roach flew by and hover on around:
Him: Bro offpoint, let's pray, let's pray! You're not seeing what I'm seeing... Brethren we spent 2hrs praying over a roach who's crime was came out seeking food.

11pm: a rat ran by twice,... Another 2 hours prayer session.

1am, a cat was chasing the rat in his ceiling; this was a battle, we prayed for 3hrs.

4am a Roaster crooked.
Him: Chicken are not supposed to cry by this time of the night, brother let's pray it's spiritual.
Another hour of prayer.

5am a neighbor knocked and said he couldn't find his toilet key, RIGHTEOUSNESS should assist him with his...
Him: It's not ordinary for someone to knock at someone door, it's the devil trying to monitor us....
That's how we pray till 6:30am...

5mins later he was reading his Bible for morning devotion and his phone ranked.
Him: The devil is a liar, why now that I want to read the word of God that my phone will ring? The devil is cunny, His plan to distract us won't succeed....
Bro offpoint let's pra...
Before he could finish, I was at the gate going back home.

Honestly, when village had dealt with you mercilessly for too long... You'll understand Righteousness plight.

Righteousness 89 village, e no go better for una o

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It by EyezofGod120: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2020
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President-Elect Tinubu Jets Out To Europe Ahead Of Lesser Hajj / Ife Chiefs Debunk Ooni's Death / Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.