Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming (649 Views)

I Want My Son To Be A Programmer, How Do I Go About It / Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming? / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
My girl is age 7, how can she start learning programming?

I need your counsel..❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by dawnomike(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
ojumi1234:
My girl is age 7, how can she start learning programming?

I need your counsel..❤️❤️❤️❤️
it a good one... Let her start with little codings that can produce visual effects. Lile coding mini games

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Olumighty123(m): 2:49am On Mar 14, 2023
I have a 9 year old boy who I want to go into programming, he just starting making use of my laptop to do all sorts, I've been looking for a physical place where he can learn from, not this online course's bla bla.
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by airsaylongcome: 9:45am On Mar 14, 2023
Scratch programming Language. That's what they should be learning to get introduced to programming

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Scratch programming Language. That's what they should be learning to get introduced to programming

Like what exactly? If you could suggest sir?
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Olumighty123(m): 11:00am On Mar 14, 2023
ojumi1234:

Please explain more.
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by airsaylongcome: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
ojumi1234:

So I’m not trying to belittle you, but it sounds like you are not very conversant with tech and programming. Which is not a bad thing to be honest. It just suggests that you need to do some personal research first so you understand the space and scope of tech and programming so you can be very hands-on with your child as you get them started. There’s a programming language called Scratch that in my opinion, should be the starting point for any child looking to get started in programming. It’s a very basic programming language that gets the child to start interacting with programming concepts. Start your research about the Scratch programming language and then get your child “playing” with it.

3 Likes

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

So I’m not trying to belittle you, but it sounds like you are not very conversant with tech and programming. Which is not a bad thing to be honest. It just suggests that you need to do some personal research first so you understand the space and scope of tech and programming so you can be very hands-on with your child as you get them started. There’s a programming language called Scratch that in my opinion, should be the starting point for any child looking to get started in programming. It’s a very basic programming language that gets the child to start interacting with programming concepts. Start your research about the Scratch programming language and then get your child “playing” with it.

Thank you for your suggestions…

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by airsaylongcome: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by xeratech: 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
grin
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by limorider(m): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
I recommend trying Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/). My son started using that and now he's employed full time writing software. It's a very good way to start learning as a child.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Olumighty123(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
limorider:
I recommend trying Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/). My son started using that and now he's employed full time writing software. It's a very good way to start learning as a child.

Thank you, this is very helpful.
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Ebenpulse(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
More recommendations are given
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
limorider:

Thank you for this.. really helpful
Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Sheriman(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Na so dem start during the glorified days of when lawyers, bankers and engineers dey rain Dem don start to dey go programming now. At least let the child reach secondary school and we'll matured enough to decide which path he or she want to go.

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by OdogwuMoney6: 1:17am On Mar 16, 2023
Sheriman:
Na so dem start during the glorified days of when lawyers, bankers and engineers dey rain Dem don start to dey go programming now. At least let the child reach secondary school and we'll matured enough to decide which path he or she want to go.
You dey mind all these useless Naija parents? Them don abandon medicine and surgery, chemical engineering (oil company work), pharmacy, Na programming and tech dey enter their eyes now... Everybody want him pikin to dey earn 1.5M+ so that dem go fit oppress other parents and their children. Even parents wey their pikin no sabi simple quantitative reasoning...

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by Sheriman(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
You dey mind all these useless Naija parents? Them don abandon medicine and surgery, chemical engineering (oil company work), pharmacy, Na programming and tech dey enter their eyes now... Everybody want him pikin to dey earn 1.5M+ so that dem go fit oppress other parents and their children. Even parents wey their pikin no sabi simple quantitative reasoning...
Na so now, well programming, 3D animation other tech field no be book wey you go read and cram then pour on examination day get good grades to pass. Many will run away after seeing heavy works behind becoming successful at it.

1 Like

Re: I Want My Girl of 7 to start programming by ojumi1234(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Sheriman:

(1) (Reply)

#financialliteracy Challenge: Win 1.2million Developing A Financial Literacy App / Programmers Which Do U Prefer Psuedo Code Or Flow Chart. / Palestinian IT Man Finds Facebook Security Flaw To Post On Zuckerberg’s Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.