Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses (13217 Views)

MC Oluomo Distances Self From N500 Tinubu Stickers Imposed On Tricycles / Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler / APC Rivers State Suspends Amaechi And Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by maasoap(m): 6:29am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Politicians know that some laws are obnoxious and still go ahead to enforce them. When it's time for election, they suspend such laws.

The hottest part of hell will be reserved for Nigerian politicians and their evil supporters who saw black but called it white.

I don't know why they decided to suspended it for a week but levies like this one are not really bad if the government is giving back to the society

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by ITGOLD(m): 6:30am On Mar 14, 2023
I know I will not win.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:30am On Mar 14, 2023
Jokerman:
This can't happen in Lagos until a new government is installed.
chinedu government? Hell no...
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by castrokins(m): 6:40am On Mar 14, 2023
Udom Should Tell Us He's Buying Votes, Nobody Will Beat Him. Stop The Marabout Already 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by ufotunang: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2023
gbaskiboy:
Imagine these dunce! Why now? Not even for months but just 5 days, after the election the harsh treatment continues until next election.
...do not mind them....just want to deceive the people to vote for them during the governorship election...it's now they care for the people

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Osanoghodua1: 6:44am On Mar 14, 2023
This will lead to revenue loss. There was no need to discontinue it, if it has been instituted by best practices and followed up without victimization. I trust it has been a burden. Nothing is wrong if I make #5,000 daily and pay #200 daily that's after all expenses I fo home with #5k and pay #200 from it. But trust me that no roads are been maintained by the collected tax. It's time to retire them all. Prof Ben Ayade of Cross River State has been politically retired, let him take his Olypmporismatic budget slogan to lecture room.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by ufotunang: 6:45am On Mar 14, 2023
It's now they care for the people... election has come
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by ufotunang: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2023
If he truly cares let him pay gratiuity to retired primary school teachers and next of kin that this people have been protesting and crying about lack of payment of their gratuity

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Jerewise332(m): 6:48am On Mar 14, 2023
I've never seen a selfish human being before so because of election he has decided to give all the minibus drivers and tricycle riders free ticket just for 5 days, and after the election levy continues..? Udom was mute when other governors were draging FG and CBN to court because of the hardship caused by naira crunch even when supreme court declared old notes legal and tendered and some governors were appealing to their people to accept the old note base on the apex court order but here in akwa ibom Udom was silent because the situation did not affect him in any way. Just few days to the election he's coming out to vomit trash,how i wish there would be a change of government in this state.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by ariwekk: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2023
potent5:
Desperate and wicked politicians.

Just imagine what Obidient movement has caused.

How does this concern obidient movement. Please explain.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
angry

This coming election will surely not favor labor party.

They will labor in vain in this regards. They can have some slots in SE/SS etc.

LP is welcome to ginger the political landscape.

Like ginger in soup only a little is needed.

Are you on drugs ?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Curious345: 7:01am On Mar 14, 2023
Same.way lasma went to sleep in Lagos becauae of election

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by FashionCookie(f): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2023
E no too early to dey cry?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Greatphase: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2023
Unnecessary tax for those generating oil.

NDs should have some special incentives in their States, region and to some extent, anywhere they reside in.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by backbone503(m): 7:12am On Mar 14, 2023
Na election strategy. It still won't save PDP from imminent defeat

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by DispatcherLagos: 7:22am On Mar 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
angry

Do you cook soup with ginger?
If yes.....then I'm not surprised one bit with your ginger-intoxicated comment
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by callthefred: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2023
NIgerians are funny and some are very stupid too. They want government to cancel a tax related policy. Where in the world is that done?. Wanting everything for free yet they'll want NIgeria to be like America. Every citizen with a job needs to pay taxes.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Menclothing: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2023
Most of this people wail about Lagos and same happen in their state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
angry

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by BOLATINUBU01: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2023
potent5:
Wicked politicians, your judgment is at hand.

So, agberos are government staff that collect taxes for the government?
Where is your own tax payment receipt?
maybe they should employ you then, since you are jobless
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Adakintroy: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2023
When you elect bad leaders the people will be beaten down with hard tax..
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by TOYNEX(f): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2023
It's Election time. Same old trick
Soften the hardship temporarily to get re-elected and heighten the hardship for the next 8years.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Ex0rrcist: 7:40am On Mar 14, 2023
gbaskiboy:
Imagine these dunce! Why now? Not even for months but just 5 days, after the election the harsh treatment continues until next election.
Some of una no just get brain at all, we know this is for election right. But in a normal country aren't they supposed to be paying taxes, it's part of the informal way of generating revenue for the state government. See him mentioning months like say you go dey pay the government back the money not collected from them. What some of you want is a populist government which never drives development, real growth comes from capitalist economy like you see in the west.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by rummmy: 7:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Obi effect....... grin
Luup from top to bottom.
A new Nigeria will be good for us..
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Goalnaldo(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Did cash scarcity start on monday? Just say this is a gimmick to get re-elected. Nigerian politicians are something else! Power hungry bafoons!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Sermwell(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
God when? As in,God when similar thing go happen for my beloved Delta state, specifically Warri and Ughelli.....Well, I believe Ovie Omo Agege go suspend am too immediately he emerge as governor.....
Don't decieve yourself! He will never do that! He will only do that when another election is approaching!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by unitysheart(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Princeton92:
Udom Gabriel eyeneka mi... I thought you'd claim Commando say you no fit shake
Wahalaaaaoooooo

Waaasit... For four days? Taaahhhh Umo Eno goes no where with his plans to build us hotels and beaches

I saw the channels interview 🤣

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Owaincouncil: 8:02am On Mar 14, 2023
The fear of the obedients is the beginning of wisdom.
This governors just become born again courtesy of the obedients
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by Etranshub(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2023
We just llike to glorify agberoism in this country, so the 5 days suspension of extortion of the poor maruwa drivers is to be perceived as a great thing abi waiting be this? Shior!

Contact me for fantastic metal work (interior and exterior) of your building project

Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2023
[quote author=MichaelSokoto post=121724328][/quote]

Ogun does not exist in reality just as LP!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Do you cook soup with ginger?
If yes.....then I'm not surprised one bit with your ginger-intoxicated comment

Only a little is needed!

Or is your ginger more than your tomatoes?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World / Buhari's Government Is Corrupt - Militants / The Nigeria Police, Military & Paramilitary Choir Wish You A Merry Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.