Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu (5025 Views)

Why Do PDP And Their Internet Soldiers Now Support Boko Haram Against Nigeria? / Apologies For Implying That Certain APC Fans Support Boko Haram / 70% Northern Leaders Support Boko Haram-Sara-Igbe From Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by OAM4J: 1:54am On Sep 16, 2011
Tinubu denies sponsoring Boko Haram

Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday denied sponsoring the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, saying his belief in the sanctity of human life would not have allowed him to support such mindless killings of human beings in the name of religion.

Tinubu, who spoke to journalists at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, at about 7pm, however, advised the Federal Government to find reasons behind the agitations of the radical group.

He said, “The allegation that I am sponsoring Boko Haram is a very serious allegation that is very malicious and damaging. It is a very serious rumour, I cannot be involved in such a heinous act, because I believe in the secularity of Nigeria, remember my wife is a deaconess, so, I cannot be involved in such evil act.

“I cannot be involved in sponsoring Boko Haram, I believe in the rule of law, in all the battles I have confronted, I know how I am committed to the rule of law, I always headed for the court. I am convinced that it is politically motivated, from those who have failed to deliver good governance to Nigeria. I believe this country must strive for freedom, liberty and the inalienable right of individuals.”

He added, “If you talk about Boko Haram, you cannot examine one side alone. Government must look at all the sides, and ask, what is the genesis of Boko Haram? How did it start?

“Government has to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by addressing all the anger in the society, and examine all grievances and engage leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram, and investigate the theory that Al-Qaeda infiltrated Boko Haram, and also examine ourselves again.”

Tinubu challenged the government to investigate the circumstances behind the “summary execution” of the former leader of Boko Haram leader.

He explained that if the root cause of the Boko Haram crisis was unravelled, more extremist groups could spring up which will become a difficult nut for the government to crack.

He said, “The leadership of Nigeria did not handle this matter properly from the beginning, Did it just spring like locust, it all started gradually , what happened to the leader of Boko Haram, that was arrested, handed over to the police, but he was summarily executed.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109162523445
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Beaf: 1:56am On Sep 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I don't recall anybody accusing Tinubu of sponsoring boko haram. Does anyone?
E get as e be for Tinubu to suddenly start reporting himself!

. . .Perhaps he knows more about what the FBI has uncovered about the UN bombing?

Curious shiite indeed.

2 Likes

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Beaf: 1:59am On Sep 16, 2011
Former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu yesterday criticised the suspension of Court of Appeal President Justice Isa Ayo Salami.

[size=14pt]He also described his alleged sponsorship of the Islamic fundamentalist sect Boko Harm as politically motivated.[/size]

He said those behind the allegation are bent on destroying the reputation of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). Tinubu is the national leader of the ACN.

Tinubu spoke at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos yesterday on his way out of the country.

He described the suspension of Justice Salami as the worst thing to have happened to the judiciary, which he said should be the bastion of democracy. He said the action is a gross violation of constitutional democracy.

Tinubu explained that the suspension of Justice Salami without recourse to the Council of State is enough evidence that the judiciary has been infiltrated by the executive.

He promised to speak comprehensively on the Justice Salami issue later, saying: "They can hurriedly implement National Judicial Council recommendation, without going to the Council of State. I will speak on the issue adequately, not off the cuff. My position will be more documented."

Tinubu, who said he is unperturbed by his alleged link to Boko Haram, explained that as a believer in the sanctity of human life, he will not support such callous killings as being unleashed by the Boko Haram in the name of religion.

He, however, asked the Federal Government to, as a matter of urgency, investigate the reasons why Boko Haram members are aggrieved.

He said if the root cause of the Boko Haram crisis is not unravelled, more extremist groups could spring up.

The former governor urged the government to investigate the circumstances behind the summary execution of Boko Haram leader Mohammed Yusuf, saying if there is no justice, it will be difficult to stamp out the problems arising from the challenge.

[b]Tinubu said:" The allegation that I am sponsoring Boko Haram is a very serious allegation. That is very malicious and damaging. It is a very serious rumour. I cannot be involved in such a heinous act because I believe in the secularity of Nigeria; remember, my wife is a Deaconess. So, I cannot be involved in such an evil act.

"I cannot be involved in sponsoring Boko Haram, I believe in the rule of law, in all the battles I have confronted, I know how I have been committed to the rule of law. I always head for the court. I am convinced that it is politically motivated, from those who have failed to deliver good governance to Nigeria. I believe this country must strive for freedom, liberty and the inalienable right of individuals.

"If you talk about Boko Haram, you cannot examine one side alone; government must look at all the sides, and ask, ‘what is the genesis of Boko Haram? How did it start? Was it imported?’ Add everything to these with injustice. The leadership of Nigeria did not handle this matter properly from the beginning. Did it just spring like locust? It all started gradually. What happened to the leader of Boko Haram, that was arrested, handed over to the police, but was summarily executed?

"The military personnel that apprehended him do not have the right to prosecute him; they handed him over to the police whose men allegedly killed him, without interrogating him. Why didn’t the police try to purge him of the reason why he was involved in the killings? They did not take him to the court; we all saw it. To every action, there is a reaction. "Government has to go back to do justice. This is what happens when justice is missing. That is why the lawyers say justice must not only be done, but must be seen to have been done."

Tinubu advised the government to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by "addressing all the anger in the society and engaging leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram, and investigate the theory that al Quaeda has infiltrated Boko Haram, and examine ourselves again". [/b]

Tinubu went on: "I’m at liberty to express how I feel about what happens in Nigeria. Because I lead the major opposition party in Nigeria, the ACN, I speak on principle. I respect the rule of law; wherever there is violation, I will speak my mind, and join the agitation, in any form. They won’t like it because the ACN is getting larger, the leader is getting more influential. So, let us stop him, that is it.

"He has access to America, Europe, he has freedom, let us link him with Boko Haram, which is linked to al-Qaeda, the enemy of the West, so that they will deny him of liberty. That is what they want to do, they want to get my name off Immigration. They stopped me before, when they made the allegation that I was involved in money laundering."

"I have my liberty, we cannot swallow hook line and sinker the lies of these dangerous people."

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/19748-how-to-resolve-boko-haram-crisis-by-tinubu.html
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by itiswell1(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2011
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I don't recall anybody accusing Tinubu of sponsoring boko haram. Does anyone?
E get as e be for Tinubu to suddenly start reporting himself!

. . .Perhaps he knows more about what the FBI has uncovered about the UN bombing?

Curious shiite indeed.

The case of vegetable seller. 'Vegetable seller bring your vegetable, my vegetable is not dirty'

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2011
OAM4J:

Tinubu denies sponsoring Boko Haram

He said, “The allegation that I am sponsoring Boko Haram is a very serious allegation that is very malicious and damaging. It is a very serious rumour, I cannot be involved in such a heinous act, because I believe in the secularity of Nigeria, remember my wife is a deaconess, so, I cannot be involved in such evil act.

“I cannot be involved in sponsoring Boko Haram, I believe in the rule of law, in all the battles I have confronted, I know how I am committed to the rule of law, I always headed for the court. I am convinced that it is politically motivated, from those who have failed to deliver good governance to Nigeria. I believe this country must strive for freedom, liberty and the inalienable right of individuals.”

He added, “If you talk about Boko Haram, you cannot examine one side alone. Government must look at all the sides, and ask, what is the genesis of Boko Haram? How did it start?

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109162523445

Accursed grin, Tinubu as the report suggest is responding to a rumour / Beer parlour talk out there just like GEJ "The RETARDEEN" has responded to Wikileak Beer parlour talks of recent. It isnt out of place and Tinubu as far as this issue is concerned is in line.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by midep: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2011
Beaf u r losing it, Instead of u and ur Dummy GEJ to apologize to Nigerians and resign voluntarily for being a failure u still get mouth to talk rubbish on our ASIJAWU.

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Johndoe100(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2011
Everyone is covering their azzes.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2011
And Accursed is responsible for covering PDP azzes grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Beaf: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2011
midep:

Beaf u r losing it, Instead of u and your Dummy GEJ to apologize to Nigerians and resign voluntarily for being a failure u still get mouth to talk rubbish on our ASIJAWU.

Do you people really think before you say these foolish things? Who exactly is GEJ meant to resign and hand over to? You? You're so funny! grin
Asiwaju or whatever you call him is walking into prison by himself. He is denying things nobody ever accused him of. Very strange indeed!
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Myself2(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2011
@ Tinubu
Like R-E-A-L-L-Y ?

I wont forget easily how Mr Tinubu and Bakare both went to Maiduguri and repeatedly chanted PDP-haram,PDP-haram.Why the love for boko and haram
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by ektbear: 9:37am On Sep 16, 2011
There was a wikileaks a a few days ago in which an OBJ (or Buhari? I can't remember) crony claimed that Tinubu and Atiku are al-Qaeda supporters.

Somehow I guess this then got linked to BH
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by buzcenter: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2011
nobody can help us confirm dat. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by bigfat01: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2011
who do you support ?
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by MMM2(m): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
then u re a thief
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by vwvw(m): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2011
grin grin grin Did Tinubu really say his wife was a deaconess that y he couldn't
sponsor Boko Haram, Mesef my wife na usher for church, A begiiii
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Ikroberts: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
God forbid, how can i. but i cant presume.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by superior1: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
I didn't believe the info initially but Tinubu doesn't take trouble of elucidating matter like this, something is fishy, Tinibu's hands are not very clean on this
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by seanet02: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
PDP and their Cooked up stories
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
So Reetardeen Jonathan is accusing everyone of being a Boko haram supporter.

Maybe he would accuse Abacha, Abraham Adesanya and Ojukwu next
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by PointB: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2011
Interesting,
At least Tinubu should have waited to be accused before denying. Na wa oo. Something is really fishy here. I think Tinubu should be invited for questioning. He surely know more than he is saying. There is no smoke without fire!
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
What is the result of the Questioning of Dokpesi, Chima, Henry Okah and other Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan brother who decided to blow the country upabout a year ago?
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by splitnaija(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2011
dayokanu:

What is the result of the Questioning of Dokpesi, Chima, Henry Okah and other Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan brother who decided to blow the country upabout a year ago?
That word again? I'm out of here!
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by kukulaja: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2011
you don't know his tactics, tinubu is a smart alec, is it not the same ahmed bola sangodele the man from iragbiji village in osun state, now metamorphorse to ahmed bola tinubu of lagos state ?? oh! you should know that he is trying to divert questions and attention of people from the his pending case at effcc and icpc and code of conduct and so on, to a different thing entirely, think he is smart.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by djustice: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2011
Is he not an Islamic fanatic that consults marabouts, just like all the Shariaists Him and most of his core supporters are die hard Islamic fanatics, especially Aregbesola.

The security agencies should investigate them all very well. Isn't Ajimobi already talking of borrowing from an Islamic Bank in Saudi Arabia Islamic Banks are known for funding Islamic Extremism and Jihad.

There are several Islamic Skeletons in Tinubu's cupboard. He should be carefully scrutinised.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Beaf: 9:57am On Sep 19, 2011
If Tinubu turns out to be linked to boko haram in any way, it would mark a new low in Nigeria's politics. I pray he isn't.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Fmstar: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Apc leader are part of boko haram

1 Like

Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by meforyou1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
To be fair to Tinubu, I don't believe he supports boko haram. But I'm very sure buhari and atiku are their main and major sponsors
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
meforyou1: To be fair to Tinubu, I don't believe he supports boko haram. But I'm very sure buhari and atiku are their main and major sponsors

There is no logic to even think that Ahmed Tinubu knows anything about Bokoharam not to talk of in Sept 2011 when this article was written.

There is one political message he puts across for public consumption though it can never be understood by armchair critics.

“Government has to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by addressing all the anger in the society, and examine all grievances and engage leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram, and investigate the theory that Al-Qaeda infiltrated Boko Haram, and also examine ourselves again.”

This is the undeniable reality we find ourselves until a time we grow our democracy to be dependent on Institutions rather than Cash movements.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by argon500: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
I smell lies.. If you do not support them, then who does? Cos I know 1 thing for sure

Boko haram sponspor certainly belong to one of these group

APC
PDP
OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by focus7: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tinubu should short d nonsense up. How does he forget all the rubbish he and others said when Jonathan first proposed the fight against boko haram. They called Jonathan clueless where as they are the clueless now, useless leaders that doesn't think with their heads.
Re: I Do Not Support Boko Haram - Tinubu by omenka(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tinubu messed up on this one if you ask me. There are certain things you just don't respond to!!! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Faulty Statistical System / LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] / Hilarious Reply From Efcc Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.