Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! (1158 Views)

See What This Oyinbo Tweeted About Nigeria While The President Was In USA (foto) / The Bola Ige Murder --Police Admit No Justice -- Wikileaks Revelations! / New Wikileaks Revelations Implicates Aondoakaa, Julius Berger Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Relax101(m): 3:49am On Sep 16, 2011
¶1. (c) summary[b]: The netherlands' departing ambassador
to ghana, hein princen, spent a full week-end in close
quarters with j. J. Rawlings, and came away both
fascinated and a bit unnerved. Princen's spouse, a
trained social worker, saw incontrovertible evidence of
drug use by the president.[/b] Rawlings complained that his
advisors keep him in the dark. His wife was present,
and rawlings was deferential towards her, but it was
clear that they are seen together only for family
reasons or reasons of state. Princen found rawlings
tired of his public persona and easily persuaded that
people were working behind his back. Rawlings seems
caught between a desire to bring his chief of state
tenure to a close on one hand, and a lively fear of the
consequences of so doing on the other. Princen saw
rawlings' newest eminence grise up close, and did not
like his baleful influence in the area of ghanaian
economic policy. End summary.

¶2. (u) the setting: Very occasionally rawlings invites
an accredited diplomat to join his family for week-end
relaxation and conversation on the modest but
comfortable presidential yacht anchored in volta lake
one hundred miles northeast of accra. (the last honoree
was american ambassador kenneth brown on the eve of his
departure in mid-1995.) also present were rawlings' six
children, presidential advisor anthony aidoo (more
later), an unnamed german engineer/boat captain, and a
couple of military staffers. Guests so honored are
enjoined not to discuss the adventure inside ghana, and
princen assured me that i alone (in ghana) was privy to
what follows.

¶3. (c) t[b]he private persona: Ambassador princen's wife
concluded emphatically that rawlings is a drug-user. [/b]
Periods of high-level energizing were followed by
rawlings' disappearance for thirty minutes, and upon his
return he was subdued and even mellow. He perspired
profusely at short notice, and consumed large quantities
of non-alcoholic drinks. Princen reinforced my own
impression that rawlings' attention span has shortened
of late. But the princens found the president open,
indulgent towards his children, and extremely
deferential - even obsequious - towards his spouse. The
tenor of their conversation reinforced the widespread
impression that they see each other only in public or in
the context of this retreat to lake volta. (rawlings
said this was the first family gathering this year.)
rawlings watched videos, listened to music, and chatted
up his guests simultameously. Princen noticed what all
of us observe as interlocutors: Rawlings' incredible
inability to recall names, even those of advisers
constantly at his elbow.

http://www.myweku.com/forum/politics/446-new-ghana-wikileaks-revelations-ghanas-former-president-drug-addict.html
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 16, 2011
Plz mind your business. Wetin concen una again?
Nigerians no get shame. Do you guys wanna turn into ghanaland.com that always be talking about Nigeria?
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Relax101(m): 3:54am On Sep 16, 2011
Hw far my ileke idi. Kilo n sele?
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Justcash(m): 4:38am On Sep 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Plz mind your business. Wetin concen una again?
Nigerians no get shame. Do you guys wanna turn into ghanaland.com that always be talking about Nigeria?

So, you are Ghanaian eh? Or Did your Ghanaian mother jump at your Naija father in order to give birth to Naija kids, which went wrong? You are trying so hard to be a Naija babe sebi? How come you are so involved in Nigerian issues? So, Ghana is this boring?
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 16, 2011
Justcash:

So, you are Ghanaian eh? Or Did your Ghanaian mother jump at your Naija father in order to give birth to Naija kids, which went wrong? You are trying so hard to be a Naija babe sebi? How come you are so involved in Nigerian issues? So, Ghana is this boring?

Na, my dad jumpd at my Ghanaian mom. You know how Nigerian men loves Ghanaian booty.

Relax101:

Hw far my ileke idi. Kilo n sele?

Ko si.
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Relax101(m): 7:01am On Sep 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Na, my dad jumpd at my Ghanaian mom. You know how Nigerian men loves Ghanaian booty.

Ko si.

kilode? Faaji ni mo wa o. lol.
hope my yoruba is good.
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2011
Even Atta mills looks like he's always high on sometime maybe cocaine or weed,only God knows.
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Relax101(m): 7:42am On Sep 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Even Atta mills looks[b] like he's always high[/b] on sometime[b] maybe cocaine or weed,only God knows.[/b]

You try sha, I couldnt stop laughing loud at the highlighted.
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Beaf: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2011
Before accusing the Ghanaian leader of sniffing hard stuff, lets recall that Ghana is the home of akpeteshi. . . Pretty potent shiit! grin
. . .And Rawlings gats to be patriotic and bath in locally made Ghanaian "products" na! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2011
Beaf:

Before accusing the Ghanaian leader of sniffing hard stuff, lets recall that Ghana is the home of akpeteshi. . . Pretty potent shiit! grin
. . .And Rawlings gats to be patriotic and bath in locally made Ghanaian "products" na! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Buro ba,so you sef dey poli abi ? grin anyways,ghanians are good to the core in that areas.I learnt Nigerians can't do without Alomo bitters now,thanks to our blacky friends for the wonderful invention. grin
Re: New Ghana Wikileaks Revelations: Ghana's Former President Was A Drug Addict! by emofine(f): 9:21am On Sep 16, 2011
. . . hmmm with all these scandalous stories concerning Ghanaians currently, no doubt some Nigerians feel oh so vindicated now.

Please remember there are bad and good people everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Council Polls Exposes The Hypocrisy Of Bola Tinubu / Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! / Ghana, The Begging Millionaire – Africa, The Begging Trillionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.