Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) (53545 Views)

Russian Fighter Jets Intercept US Spy Plane Over Black Sea (Pictures) / Russian Fighter Jets ‘scrambled To Intercept US Spy Plane Over Black Sea(pix) / Huge Landslide In Norway Washes Houses Into Sea (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Badassniggga(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
LeopardX:
I don't know what US is up to.
That was how Iran celebrated the downing of one US drone, before US responded by killing one of their major generals.

But Russia is made of different quality.
So let's see how it goes.
If US ever dares try such humiliating stuff they did to that Iranian General to any Russian official, no US commander in Europe is safe. They US knows that. Na ontop small pikin you fit dey flex muscle but when you jam equal rival wey fit hurt you back, you go maintain and thread carefully.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by JohnPortar: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
obedience4:

Look at this propaganda man
Posting the USA bombing countries
Yet he is using a Russian bomber the topolev..aka the Black Jack

Even propaganda they hard una

Don't attack the poster, shey the message na lie? I do not like what Russia is doing in Ukraine, US too are doing theirs all over the world.

I just wish Nigeria can be strong enough to go shoulder to shoulder with those stupid white men

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by unclejb2(m): 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Badassniggga:
The black sea ⛵ is international space? Lmao. Go find out who owns black sea
the black sea boarders several countries.... So it can't be said to belong to any country.... therefore could be called international waters, as long as you are more than 12 nautical miles from any land boarder

2 Likes

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by 147ekinmogun(m): 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Mr Man stop the nonsense! 🤣
Which one be like for Russia, share for US/Nazi/Ukraine (vice versa) blah blah blah blah blah? 🙄

Dem dey pay you or you just love to refer to the US as Nazis? Most of your post concerning this war are obviously biased!
The man you quote doesn't know anything about international politics.He posts only for likes and share.P.S.i hope he knows the meaning of Nazi though.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Abuventure: 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
God1000:
Lies, what's your fountainhead?

Russia will never engage in such reckless behaviour.

Both US and Russian commanders communicate regularly to avoid such incidents.

But if this truly happened, then Putin is biting more than he can chew

US no longer sees Russia as a threat or competitor, the focus is on China now
Russia is a night mere to US and the west

1 Like

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:
I wonder how you reason....a jet collided in mid air

As in Na normal road .....

The drone was shot down

I don't know why you can't read and absorb simple statements. The Russian jet, which is much bigger and sturdier than a drone, tipped the wing of the drone, damaging it thereby.

it has nothing to do with being on a normal road or not. This was done DELIBERATELY.

1 Like

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by ariesbull: 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
SmartyPants:

I don't know why you can't read and absorb simple statements. The Russian jet, which is much bigger and sturdier than a drone, tipped the wing of the drone, damaging it thereby.

it has nothing to do with being on a normal road or not. This was done DELIBERATELY.

🇺🇸🇷🇺The Russian ambassador will be summoned to the State Department after the incident with a drone over the Black Sea

He will be expressed a "strong rejection" of the situation by Washington, said the head of the press service of the American Foreign Ministry, Ned Price.

US State Department is summoning Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov in connection with the interception by a Russian fighter of an American unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) over the Black Sea. This was stated on Tuesday at a briefing by the head of the press service of the American Foreign Ministry, Ned Price.

"We are directly interacting with the Russian side at high levels to express our complete rejection of this unprofessional, unsafe interception that led to the downing of an American drone. We are summoning the Russian ambassador to the State Department, where we will send the appropriate signal. In Moscow, Ambassador Lynne Tracy conveyed this signal to the Russian Foreign Ministry," Price said.

According to him, Antonov will be summoned to the American diplomatic department in the afternoon local time. "We are in the process of summoning the ambassador. I expect that later today a high-level contact will take place with the Russian ambassador, during which the ambassador will hear directly from high-level representatives our strong rejection of what is obviously an unsafe and unprofessional interception by a Russian aircraft," Price said.

"As for the efforts to recover the device [from the bottom of the Black Sea], I will leave this question to my colleagues from the Pentagon," he added.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by drlateef: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Righteousness2:
We are living in crazy prophetic times,
The Biblical birth pangs are not normal.

There is no need to fear but rather have faith in the salvation of the blood of the Lamb and look up for the blessed hope of the Rapture because the church will not be here in the great tribulation!

Ensure you are living in the Conciousness of the return of JESUS Christ and eternity.

Unfortunately for you, what you believe in is a mirage. No rapture, no jesus coming to pick Christians. Its all fake conjured by Paul the impostor.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Xkale1996(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Goodlady:

You, WriterNiig, Kingsnairaland and others that loves anything related to the downfall of America should understand that Russia is of more evil. Whether you say America get propaganda or not. The fact is we v seen the bully. It's Putin.
He's still a bastard till he level Ukraine. He's a bastard if he doesn't fight America directly or face NATO.
Why you all love bullying like jihadists is like how boys love taking advantage of girls.
God the judge of all isn't sleeping.
Russia ll learn their lesson.
u be mumu biggest fool, make US and NATO join hand fight Russia na
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
LordAdam16:

The USSR shot down US planes on more than one occasion.

An unmanned drone is fair game if Putin deems it necessary.

In recent past, US drone activity preceded Ukrainian attacks on Russian territory and this flew close to Crimea/Sevastopool.

Una go just dey rake like say u b US General. Awon, "won't dare to shoot down".

Russia is only reminding the US to stay sane. That's how they said they would not send tanks to Ukraine. They're sending tanks now. If the Russians do not down this drone today. Tomorrow, it'll fly over Crimea and the Americans will say Crimea is disputed territory.

The universal language in geopolitics is force.

-Lord

Mr Man I am not here for back and forth counter argument that adds nothing to someone's life. If you have been following up on the news you will understand that what I said is the updated story of the event. John Kirby has briefed the president and Russia ambassador has been summoned and investigations were done and found out the Russian SU 27 just collided on it's wing with the MQ-9 reaper wing and downed it on the blacksea to an irrecoverable point. Was it a shot down? NO, can PUTIN in his state of armament and depleted russian defences fighting in Ukraine try an act of War with US on this dilapidated state? The answer is capital NO. So why are you hyperventilating on my assertion. I am not here to show support on Russia/US super power discuss, I only provided depth to the poster I quoted since he seem a bit doubtful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Masterito(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
I would have love to school you but your high level of ignorance will frustrate my efforts.
Badassniggga:
The black sea ⛵ is international space? Lmao. Go find out who owns black sea
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Cancri: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
obedience4:

Oga stop writing rubbish, Russia is closer to Alaska, a USA territory In Europe,

The continental USA Is in North America, Russian is in Europe /Asia
oga Alaska is located in North America. Make your research well.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by whitemand4(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
seunny4lif:
Well, Black Sea is Russia border, which is over 5K KM from USA border.
Just Russia traveling to Cuba, you will see USA medias making noises on it like Russia jets have dropped bombs on NY cheesy cheesy cheesy

Last week Russia flew Tu bomber close to USA border, USA was making noise about saying its provocation yet it not provocation if they flew close to Russia border/ Chinese border.

Make everyone dey crazy, we are dealing with Obi and Tinubu for now in Nigeria but when we are done with the matter.
Nigeria will fly our alpha jets close to USA and Russia because We are giant of Africa

Modified:
As a result of sharp maneuvering, the US drone went into an uncontrolled flight with a loss of altitude and collided with the water surface." - Russia Ministry of Defense

Lol.... You dey mind U.S

When they shot down Chinese balloon near Alaska it wasn't reckless
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Badassniggga(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Masterito:
I would have love to school you but your high level of ignorance will frustrate my efforts.
you don't really need to educate me. Just tell me if the US has any rights to fly their planes at the Black Sea ⛵ close to Crimean peninsula. Yes/No

1 Like

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
I doubt the authenticity of this headline but if it's true America misses Trump .
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by kunle75(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
God1000:

Exactly that's what's going on,Ukraine War has exposed Russia so much that other nations care less about her super proclaimed power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by obedience4(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Cancri:
oga Alastair is located in North America. Make your research well.

What continent is Russia sir
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by ken6488(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
Masterito:
Do you know what is international space? Education is not a scam o. Lol.
google blacksea it border russia and currently a war zone
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
WriterNiig:
The Black Sea is Russia's territorial waters.

👍🏻Like for Russia-Putin, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
continue asking for likes and shared. Do you think you would be left out, when war broke out? Please let’s stop supporting evil no matter Russia or USA or any countries. May God help us in this perilous times
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
Akalia:
Dey play. If there's any country in the world that possesses both conventional and non-conventional firepower to pose a threat to the US, it is Russia.

US would not fancy starting a war with Russia except of course it is inevitable-mind you such a war would prove very costly to both nations.

Never you make the mistake of writing Russia off, don't use Russia's performance in the Ukraine War to rate Russia's military might because Russia Is not intent on obliterating Ukraine. Russia just wanted to make a statement to NATO and allies and so far the statement has being made brazenly.
I want a direct answer,
From your own perspective, can russia single handedly defeat USA in all war scenarios?
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by ken6488(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
texazzpete:

Biden didn’t ask for permission. That’s nonsense. They notified Russia so no mistake could happen. Any Russian strike during that visit to harm Biden could mean immediate war.

International waters.

Why are all Putin supporters so harebrained?
did they Alert russia yes or no
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Badassniggga:
If US ever dares try such humiliating stuff they did to that Iranian General to any Russian official, no US commander in Europe is safe. They US knows that. Na ontop small pikin you fit dey flex muscle but when you jam equal rival wey fit hurt you back, you go maintain and thread carefully.
you mean Russia can fight USA pound for pound ?
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Badassniggga(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
kunle75:

Exactly that's what's going on,Ukraine War has exposed Russia so much that other nations care less about her super proclaimed power
dey there dey play. Which other nations cares less? Do you have any idea the countries still buying and trading with Russia despite the barrage of sanctions from Europe? The world doesn't start and end in NATO/EU, when you know that, you'd realize no group of nation can hold any country to submission if 70% of the rest of the world still trades with that country.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Cancri: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
obedience4:

What continent is Russia sir
eurasia
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Masterito(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Your ignorance is stinking.Why not you also Google how many times Russia has flew close to the US airspace and even into the US airspace. You surely know nothing about international air space or international relations. I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance. You stylish ask what you don't know acting like you know.
ken6488:
google blacksea it border russia and currently a war zone
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Badassniggga(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
seanwilliam:
you mean Russia can fight USA pound for pound ?
why not?? If the US thinks Russia was piece of cake what's holding them from giving Putin/Russia the Iraq/Saddam treatment? Dey play.
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by drnoel: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
WriterNiig:
The Black Sea is Russia's territorial waters.

👍🏻Like for Russia-Putin, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
Why would you share misinformation. How can the black sea be Russian territorial waters when it's bordered by other countries?
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by QQIA: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Cancri:
eurasia
Them and Turkey cool
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by CXLVII: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
God1000:

It happened

1 Like

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by drnoel: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Denoh68:
WHY WOULD YOU CONDUCT SUCH NONSENSE OPERATION IN RUSSIA'S TERRITORIAL WATERS. RUBBISH.
Black sea is not russian territorial waters
Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by LordAdam16: 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Mr Man I am not here for back and forth counter argument that adds nothing to someone's life. If you have been following up on the news you will understand that what I said is the updated story of the event. John Kirby has briefed the president and Russia ambassador has been summoned and investigations were done and found out the Russian SU 27 just collided on it's wing with the MQ-9 reaper wing and downed it on the blacksea to an irrecoverable point. Was it a shot down? NO, can PUTIN in his state of armament and depleted russian defences fighting in Ukraine try an act of War with US on this dilapidated state? The answer is capital NO. So why are you hyperventilating on my assertion. I am not here to show support on Russia/US super power discuss, I only provided depth to the poster I quoted since he seem a bit doubtful.

All this shalaye over a drone that is at the bottom of the Black Sea.

The US is telling the entire world that it is not at war with Russia. But it has earmarked arms packages worth $200B for Ukraine.

Russia is saying the downing was unintentional. But the drone is now an expensive coral reef.

We are firmly in "F*ck Around and Find Out" territory. If the US is not satisfied with the Kremlin's explanation, it can start a direct war if it likes. Enough with the chest beating.

-Lord

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) by Badassniggga(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
Masterito:
Your ignorance is stinking.Why not you also Google how many times Russia has flew close to the US airspace and even into the US airspace. You surely know nothing about international air space or international relations. I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance. You stylish ask what you don't know acting like you know.
what US airspace? You don ever see Russia fly close to Miami or New York coastlines? Don't come here telling me about one permafrost-laden tiny Alaska that's useless to Russia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Katerina Tikhonova: Vandals Paint Putin's Daughter's House With Ukrainian Flags / The White House’s LGBT Rights Page Has Disappeared / Iran Arrests Person Who Filmed Bombshell Footage Of Jet Downing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.