Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) (33433 Views)

Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World. / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by BuyMeBanger: 11:46am On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Sure I wasn't there, but I think we Africans need to do more with keeping to time.

Not sure of this 'we' business, hmm.

1 Like

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by blacksam01: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2023
@Op, is it true that the US national flag hangs around places (public and private) more often than any other country on earth..?

i just saw one in the airport..?
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by bonnyhope: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2023
I will also come up with stories how I missed my BRT bus........watch out

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by olaolulazio(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry bro... I hope you get part of the money back
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by nonhuman(m): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2023
What were you doing in a chaple fir 1 hour plus, are you conducting church service there, nawao

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by cococandy(f): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2023
First mistake is flying frontier
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by shegzhkn: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2023
blacksam01:
@Op, is it true that the US national flag hangs around places (public and private) more often than any other country on earth..?

i just saw one in the airport..?
Lol, Americans have it in their front porch too.

2 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by odaniel1(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2023
Africans & Religion. Because of prayer, you miss the flight, so why did you not pray for a refund or for the gates to reopen? The white man is wise enough to know religion is manipulative but the black man has too many evil ancestors to contend with! grin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by phorget(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2023
Hmmmm!
Here nah BRT we dey miss o no be flight.
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Didi2d(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Yeah, you're right. I couldn't go back home to tell my landlady that took me to airport that I missed my flight. I had to stay for late evening flight. Omo, I just landed at DC.

Funny
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Did i hear you say your landlady, guys dont get me wrong grin

Schrodinger2:

Yeah, you're right. I couldn't go back home to tell my landlady that took me to airport that I missed my flight. I had to stay for late evening flight. Omo, I just landed at DC.

2 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Omoawoke: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Why is this on front page?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Solocoin: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
You have learn your lesson today. Anywhere you start and pray to God he answers your prayers as long as you are praying with sincerity of heart. Always say a little prayer in your mind and you're good to go.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Chetas81(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
funshint:
How many minutes were you supposed to be there before take-off? Whites don't joke with time.
African continent African time
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ooopps, I once missed my flight also. Bitter event. Got to the trailer pack by 7pm to join a truck loading goods from Indorama Petrochemicals Eleme to the North, precisely Zaria-Kano. After checking inn through the man called Baban Saidu that we paid attachment to, and went through a lot from one custom to another Immigration checks, who pass our bags ontop of the truck. He, Baban Saidu the flight customer care said our flight will take off by 10pm.

So I and my Hausa friend went to take egg and indomie in one mai'shai's mallam joint, lo and behold, Returning to the departing pack run way where the truck flight were packed, we were told that the truck just took off earlier agaisnt the scheduled take off time. Wow! Imagine oh, a flight schedule for 10pm took off 9:20pm - Nigeria confusion self like CBN.

We have to wait till the next night for flight loading fertiliser from Indorama Eleme PH to North West Kano DC. in the Summer
At last, I climb the truck and sat on the loaded goods under wind and cold.
Una no go kill me, I no get no mean say I no go tell my story too. Fly your plane make I fly my truck.

Last last we go die naked!!!! grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Lanxoe96(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
internationalman:
See as everywhere fine
I dey tell you!

2 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by prizeless(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
You sef get wahala, which kind prayer you go pray like that so tey 6 reach

3 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by xandy84: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Frontier, Spirit and JetBlue na die. Had an ugly experience with Amtrak. Missed a train from DC to Chicago. Had to rebook it over $100 and wait for almost 20 hours before for train leaving for Chicago. My another not too good experience with AA. Booked a flight to Virginia for $203, want to change the date and they requested $200 for changing fee. That was the last time I fly AA. Southwest or I go walker.

6 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Pipefitter: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
If it's possible for you to check in online with your ticket, you won't miss most naija flight because you don't have any business with the counter, except you have a big luggage.

I don't know about US but sometimes Nigerian flights are overbooked, I once got to the airport 20mins before departure, I could hear from the address system that the flight was still boarding, but those at the counter told me they've closed the gate (whichever gate) and there was no other available seat/flight going to Enugu that day, another airlines said they have flight to Benin which is still very far from Enugu. I was forced to go to the park and enter bus to Enugu that same day and I arrived very late at night... I hope whichever agency in charge of Naija airlines put an end to this nonsense. One December also a flight I already booked prior to the date was not available, they said it was delayed but those agents were selling tickets are ridiculous prices to those coming from the international wing, I ended up staying for 8hrs at the airport from 8am, people wey enter bus don reach forget them travel... Sad experiences bro..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by KarinaSlim(f): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
If you are here reading this and you are asking God "When will I ever enter a plane?"? "When will I ever go on a Flight"?

I pray for you today that you shall never ask such question again for God shall make you to enter plane and different flights just the same way you jump Okada and Buses before the end of this year 2023 in Jesus name (Amen)

21 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by NCANCHAIR(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
Reminds me of my first foreign trip to China! I took Ethiopian airline from Abuja international airport stopping at Addis-Ababa and changing flight to Hangzhou, China. Normally we landed at Addis-Ababa airport then we had to wait for sometime for our load to be offloaded and reloaded on our next transit flight...Na so I go round that their mighty airport, I forgot to change my wrist watch time and I went to drink with one other white guy we are on the flight with. Before I could locate my counter to check into the new flight...Our flight has left us behind! I was like Damn see me see gobe! Ethiopian airline were so nice to us that they told us we can check into the country to sleep, its a visa free country and go around then fly with the next flight the next evening! We paid like only 50dollars for the visa! I got into Ethiopia and enjoyed with two sweet Ethiopian olosho that night!!! In the morning I went to that popular palace and places around the country. By evening I was at the airport and landed in Hangzhou China to face extra confusion as I couldn't speak Chinese then.

Can I send you a direct message sir?
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by HitRun(m): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Note: cheap flight comes with trade offs.

What do you mean by this statement? From your story, the cost of the flight had nothing to do with your missing the flight.

3 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by NCANCHAIR(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Can I send you a direct message sir?
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by francotunsco: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
DisGuy:
Early morning flight, never!

Imagine someone had dropped you off at 3.45am then telling the person you missed your 6am flight

You can imagine. He/she actually misplaced his/her priorities. Your mission at the airport is to catch a flight, not to attend chapel! What a shame! It is insulting to begin to expect a refund for an error you irritatingly committed.

Abeg shift!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Kingpele(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry oo
Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by seguno2: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
funshint:
How many minutes were you supposed to be there before take-off? Whites don't joke with time.

Please do you know of any reason why they should joke with time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Dshocker(m): 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Although, I've occasionally heard people talk about how they once missed thier flights, I never paid great attention as to what follows next. The last occurrence a PhD friend in Minnesota told me was when he missed his US-bound British Airways flight from the UK last summer. He was eventually excited when placed on another BA flight for free after much delay albeit there was a change in his destination (He arrived Utah instead of Minneapolis).

Today, I was to depart Denver at 6:45am for Washington DC on a Frontier Airlines, a trip I've planned and prepared for, for weeks. Arrived very early at DEN airport around 3:45am, completed my check-ins and got my boarding pass by past 4am and was waiting for 6am when boarding would commence. I needed to perform morning prayers and was lucky to find an Interfaith Chapel in the airport. I went inside the chapel around 5am and came out about few minutes past 6am.

It was at this moment I became seemly apprehensive, with the realization that I had limited time to join the boarding that ends at 6:20am. The thought that I still had to pass through the slow Immigration check point for screening even confirmed by worst fears.

I hurriedly went through the screening, and joined a 2 minutes tram ride that would take me to my boarding gate. My people, that was how I arrived at the gate by 6:30am only to find another African from Djibouti also going to DC, and ought to have boarded the flight but stranded outside this gate. His first words, we've missed the flight, and the gate is locked. I responded, the plane hasn't left as I pointed to it. He said they won't let us in as boarding is closed.

We were ask to go see customer service but was astounded by the poor and irritating lack of empathy by the customer representatives of Frontier Airlines. Many of their customers missed one flight or the other for different reasons - We had to repay to book our tickets for another flight. No refund was given.
Currently waiting for the next flight to DC. Note: cheap flight comes with trade offs.

U still carry church matter enter USA, no be juju be that.

4 Likes

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Omodua(m): 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
funshint:

It doesn't matter if you arrived the airport at 1am. You weren't at the boarding lounge when you should be. And stop making this about Africans.
Listen to him. How many times have you boarded flight, if any at all? So,why blaming him.

We understand him because many of us have been victims. Unlike many of you commenting from outfield realm.

You must have empathy instead of blaming him.

I no longer complain because a traveller,must sometimes, miss flight for one reason or the other that pop-up.

1 Like

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by Pidaa: 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
I nearly miss mine going to the UK. I boarded ibom airline from Abuja to lagos that day and next early morning I was suppose to used qutar airline. Omo ibiom airline suppose take off around 1pm and I came 12 but was told I won't be book that the booking ending 11:59.
Omo I think those guys was joking now play play the flight left and I did not enter. I have to rebook their next flight which was around 6pm. Omo 6pm reach then I was told lagos weather is bad so flight can't move and my plane to London is the next day early morning. Now so my family members dey call me guy where u dey and my phone battery Don run low. I just off my phone with confusion saying God please make the will of my village people nor come to pass. Fear come dey catch me when airport started cancelling people flight and people started returning home. Omo I Don calculate if I used night bus to lag that I will still miss my flight because my flight was early morning. Omo during 9pm the airport announced we booking ibiom airline can now proceed to the plane. Omo joy want to kill me because my village people fail. I God shall.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by rickleye: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Although, I've occasionally heard people talk about how they once missed thier flights, I never paid great attention as to what follows next. The last occurrence a PhD friend in Minnesota told me was when he missed his US-bound British Airways flight from the UK last summer. He was eventually excited when placed on another BA flight for free after much delay albeit there was a change in his destination (He arrived Utah instead of Minneapolis).

Today, I was to depart Denver at 6:45am for Washington DC on a Frontier Airlines, a trip I've planned and prepared for, for weeks. Arrived very early at DEN airport around 3:45am, completed my check-ins and got my boarding pass by past 4am and was waiting for 6am when boarding would commence. I needed to perform morning prayers and was lucky to find an Interfaith Chapel in the airport. I went inside the chapel around 5am and came out about few minutes past 6am.

It was at this moment I became seemly apprehensive, with the realization that I had limited time to join the boarding that ends at 6:20am. The thought that I still had to pass through the slow Immigration check point for screening even confirmed by worst fears.

I hurriedly went through the screening, and joined a 2 minutes tram ride that would take me to my boarding gate. My people, that was how I arrived at the gate by 6:30am only to find another African from Djibouti also going to DC, and ought to have boarded the flight but stranded outside this gate. His first words, we've missed the flight, and the gate is locked. I responded, the plane hasn't left as I pointed to it. He said they won't let us in as boarding is closed.

We were ask to go see customer service but was astounded by the poor and irritating lack of empathy by the customer representatives of Frontier Airlines. Many of their customers missed one flight or the other for different reasons - We had to repay to book our tickets for another flight. No refund was given.
Currently waiting for the next flight to DC. Note: cheap flight comes with trade offs.

Haha ! Nice refreshing story . Good to have something besides the election and Naira design palaver stories to read .

I’ve never missed my flight ( due to fault of mine ) but rather a connecting one . The flight out from Orlando was delayed and I kept asking them what will happen to our connecting flight from Toronto ? We kept getting the standard response. One of our agents would be there to assist you with our inquires .
Well we arrived 2 hours late . Got our luggage only to be informed by the flight display screen, not a human , that our flight was rescheduled for 7am that morning. ( we arrived at midnight ).
When we attempted to leave the airport to find a hotel, we were informed that our luggage would need to be rechecked again and we would have to pass through immigration. I said really !!! ( my mind was actually saying screw you dude and giving him the middle finger ) . That how I learnt to join 3 chairs together and tried to sleep . On close observations , I noticed that there were a lot of other people sleeping on the bare floor apparently in the same situation as us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) by brain54(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
Reminds me of my first foreign trip to China! I took Ethiopian airline from Abuja international airport stopping at Addis-Ababa and changing flight to Hangzhou, China. Normally we landed at Addis-Ababa airport then we had to wait for sometime for our load to be offloaded and reloaded on our next transit flight...Na so I go round that their mighty airport, I forgot to change my wrist watch time and I went to drink with one other white guy we are on the flight with. Before I could locate my counter to check into the new flight...Our flight has left us behind! I was like Damn see me see gobe! Ethiopian airline were so nice to us that they told us we can check into the country to sleep, its a visa free country and go around then fly with the next flight the next evening! We paid like only 50dollars for the visa! I got into Ethiopia and enjoyed with two sweet Ethiopian olosho that night!!! In the morning I went to that popular palace and places around the country. By evening I was at the airport and landed in Hangzhou China to face extra confusion as I couldn't speak Chinese then.
I can relate with this…

Seems like my kind of personality and something that I could do!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Dead As Mechanic Bashes Man's Car While Driving It To His Workshop. Photos / BRT Introduces New Transport Fares / Delay At ATM Saves Man From Ghastly Motor Accident In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.