Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated (587 Views)

What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals / Watch: Offa And Erinle See How People, Live And Properties Are Burnt To Ashes / How People Were Packed In EFCC Office In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Honeydenz(f): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
My good people, infact I find it hard trying go make a topic of what happened today.

Someone slapped me for the 2nd time in two months, and when I reacted by calling the police, they (Police) Came and on accessing the person I fought with said and I quote 'you are an educated person, I don't expect to see u fighting with a person like this'
Like seriously? so because am educated, i should sit back and harbor slaps from haters because they are illiterate. What's the exact meaning of this statement by the police, this is not the first time someone is telling me something similar
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Honeydenz(f): 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Is there a particular way am expected to behave or react when harass by people of lesser educational background? I was attacked the 2nd time by a violent neighbor in my rented apartment and it was my first time reciprocating the gesture.
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by QQIA: 12:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Honeydenz:
My good people, infact I find it hard trying go make a topic of what happened today.

Someone slapped me for the 2nd time in two months, and when I reacted by calling the police, they (Police) Came and on accessing the person I fought with said and I quote 'you are an educated person, I don't expect to see u fighting with a person like this'
Like seriously? so because am educated, i should sit back and harbor slaps from haters because they are illiterate. What's the exact meaning of this statement by the police, this is not the first time someone is telling me something similar
Make me your protector and it will not happen ever again.

See as you fine come fresh. Come dey educated join.

I am in love kiss

3 Likes

Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 15, 2023
Why are you slapped by everyone?

Is your face a slapping magnet or what?

What transpired that led to the double slaps?

1 Like

Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by TheManPregnant: 7:38am On Mar 15, 2023
@Honeydenz you are meant to back away from such people and limit your interaction with them. It is not fear, but a deliberate attempt to remove yourself from certain influences (negative ones especially).

Whatever influences you to become angry or react violently or use toxic words on your fellow man, irrespective of the amount of provocation, should not be around you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Honeydenz(f): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2023
TheManPregnant:
@Honeydenz you are meant to back away from such people and limit your interaction with them. It is not fear, but a deliberate attempt to remove yourself from certain influences (negative ones especially).

Whatever influences you to become angry or react violently or use toxic words on your fellow man, irrespective of the amount of provocation, should not be around you.
I appreciate this
Thank you
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Autobot05: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
2nd slap in 2 months ... how come in the first place
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by jaxxy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Honeydenz:
Is there a particular way am expected to behave or react when harass by people of lesser educational background? I was attacked the 2nd time by a violent neighbor in my rented apartment and it was my first time reciprocating the gesture.

There is a way u conduct urself and ur stupid neighbours avoid u or even respect u. U don't roll in the mud with pigs or u look like a pig urself.

I've had reasons to respond to touts or stupid people in lagos bt I realise I can't lower myself to their level. that's impossible. I either completely ignore them or I educate them bt also well prepared for any further stupidity.

At the end of the day it's not the reaction they expected I give them.
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Honeydenz(f): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaxxy:

There is a way u conduct urself and ur stupid neighbours avoid u or even respect u. U don't roll in the mud with pigs or u look like a pig urself.

I've had reasons to respond to touts or stupid people in lagos bt I realise I can't lower myself to their level. that's impossible. I either completely ignore them or I educate them bt also well prepared for any further stupidity.

At the end of the day it's not the reaction they expected I give them.
I don't understand you very well
No matter how u try to ignore neighbors, so long as you re in a public yard, contacts with them is unavoidable. Would u keep quiet when asked a direct question or spoken too in a rude manner (sometimes out of envy) just because u want to prove to them you not on thier level.
Some gossips u to other neighbors for no reason who inturn develops hatred towards u for no reason, as for respect, do u force people to respect u? Do people really respect who they hate or are angry with? People can be rude to u when in anger, When they ask you for a favour and don't get it, not because they don't respect u or u don't carry yourself well, infact In my 2 years in that house, nobody knows my name, do u hear me, just name. I dont talk to anyone,that I believe is even the root of the problem, they would think you are pompous.

I don't think you have lived in a public yard
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by jaxxy(m): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Honeydenz:

I don't understand you very well
No matter how u try to ignore neighbors, so long as you re in a public yard, contacts with them is unavoidable. Would u keep quiet when asked a direct question or spoken too in a rude manner (sometimes out of envy) just because u want to prove to them you not on thier level.
Some gossips u to other neighbors for no reason who inturn develops hatred towards u for no reason, as for respect, do u force people to respect u? Do people really respect who they hate or are angry with? People can be rude to u when in anger, When they ask you for a favour and don't get it, not because they don't respect u or u don't carry yourself well, infact In my 2 years in that house, nobody knows my name, do u hear me, just name. I dont talk to anyone,that I believe is even the root of the problem, they would think you are pompous.

I don't think you have lived in a public yard

U don't really understand me bt ur last statement was close to my point.

Showing ur not a same level doesn't mean not interacting or being pompous or being "unnecessarily" a snub and arrogant. That's not what I mean.

What I mean is u do interact when it necessary or courteous. It don't have to act or be rude or unfriendly to be on a different level. When u talk what comes out from ur mouth makes them respect u.

Respect definitely is not forced, u can even be the landlord or a boss and nobody respects u. Respect is tied to ur actions, value and mindset.

like it or not anybody that comes at u for trouble has studied and concluded smtn about u thats probably true or false. Its left to how u handle the situation to for them to confirm their suspicions. They come for a reaction.

I have dealt with some of the most difficult bosses and customers and I most times leave them surprised by how I engage with them. Communication is a skill it's not a reaction.

That is what changes the game in any environment bt u have to know how to read the energy and study the room. Some people talk b4 they think and some think b4 they talk.

I interact with touts or with highly placed. it's same basics u apply in u want peace or vawulence.
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by Honeydenz(f): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2023
jaxxy:

U don't really understand me bt ur last statement was close to my point.

Showing ur not a same level doesn't mean not interacting or being pompous or being "unnecessarily" a snub and arrogant. That's not what I mean.

What I mean is u do interact when it necessary or courteous. It don't have to act or be rude or unfriendly to be on a different level. When u talk what comes out from ur mouth makes them respect u.

Respect definitely is not forced, u can even be the landlord or a boss and nobody respects u. Respect is tied to ur actions, value and mindset.

like it or not anybody that comes at u for trouble has studied and concluded smtn about u thats probably true or false. Its left to how u handle the situation to for them to confirm their suspicions. They come for a reaction.

I have dealt with some of the most difficult bosses and customers and I most times leave them surprised by how I engage with them. Communication is a skill it's not a reaction.

That is what changes the game in any environment bt u have to know how to read the energy and study the room. Some people talk b4 they think and some think b4 they talk.

I interact with touts or with highly placed. it's same basics u apply in u want peace or vawulence.
That's When you are dealing with educated people like yourself not people that are acting apparently under he influence of drugs
Well, it's a bit clearer now, your explanation.
Re: How People Expect One To Take Shit Just Because One Is Educated by jaxxy(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
Honeydenz:

That's When you are dealing with educated people like yourself not people that are acting apparently under he influence of drugs
Well, it's a bit clearer now, your explanation.

I have interacted with people in such category not just educated people and mind u not a educated people are civilised. Some educated people behave like touts they just have some money and live well bt the attitude is exactly like a tout.

as per drugs. it also cuts across uneducated and educated also. The question may be how the express themselves in such states. I do not look down on anybody and that helps me adapt in different environments.

I may not be getting ur situation precisely bt relating and maintaining the peace, avoiding nonsense isn't that hard.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

5 Confirmed Killed In Awgbu Reprisal Attack, Says PG / Some Jokes To Brighten Up Your Day And Mood / Two Suspects Identified As ‘kill And Bury’ And ‘good And Bad’ Arrested Over Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.