Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals (48132 Views)

Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak / Jailbreak: Ikoyi Prison On Fire (Video) / Man Released From Ikoyi Prison After 7 Years For A Crime He Knew Nothing About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Thissystem: 7:53pm On Apr 12
A public interest and human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, has revealed the challenging situation cross-dresser Idris Okuneye aka Bobrisky, may face while serving his time at Ikoyi Prison.

Bobrisky was sentenced to six months in prison without an option of fine over naira abuse charges on Friday.

Reacting to the judgement in a tweet on Friday, the lawyer said: “Bobrisky will have a difficulty experience in the Custodial Centre (prison) because he is not a freedom fighter and does not seem to me like someone that can stay in a restricted environment under harsh and excruciating conditions.”

He continued: “The main key to surviving imprisonment is mental strength and courage. The prison wall only breaks those who are not driven by strong convictions.

“For a freedom fighter, it is a training ground. No true activist goes to prison and comes out weaker. They always come out stronger and bolder. History shows this clearly. Any activist that is broken by imprisonment is a pretender.

“If you are all about the ‘soft life’, and you are the fragile type and incapable of enduring physical discomfiture, you should avoid imprisonment.

“Some of us came out stronger after our imprisonment because we have always been mentally prepared for it and due to our strong ideological disposition.

“Bobrisky will be confronted by a culture shock when he enters Ikoyi Prison and realizes that it is a different world from what he knows. After a few days, he will begin to adjust to his new world.

“Money can only ameliorate the hardship there, but it will not shield him from the daily problems and inconveniences of the prison environment.

“This is when he will know who his true friends are. When I was jailed for one month, reality dawn on me that some people who I thought were sympathetic to my cause, actually celebrated my detention. How my enemies felt about it was irrelevant.

“Unluckily for my unfriendly friends and foes, my spirit was free and liberated. My physical restriction didn’t break me at all. I actually added weight in prison and enjoyed long hours of sleep which I never had before and after my one month imprisonment.

“Most Nigerians have a wrong perception of the prison system. The idea that the prison is where only criminals are kept is baseless. If I didn’t experience it, I would not have known how deeply flawed and broken our criminal justice system is.

“Many people in prison are innocent or just victims of circumstances. But there are also hardened criminals there. Sadly, the current system does little or nothing to reform inmates,” he added.

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/04/what-bobrisky-should-expect-at-ikoyi-prison-lawyer/

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Thissystem: 7:54pm On Apr 12
Hopefully he makes progress from rehabilitation and comes back a better person with a changed mindset to add cherished value to the society.
He/She is currently a complete mess.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Mihaug(m): 8:07pm On Apr 12
With that him big yansh, he should just look for the biggest and baddest in the prison make e dey lash am in exchange for protection. Without protection, him anus will never remain the same

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Kajaard: 8:12pm On Apr 12
Mihaug:
With that him big yansh, he should just look for the biggest and baddest in the prison make e dey lash am in exchange for protection. Without protection, him anus will never remain the same

Facts!

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Ibaaboy(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12
Mihaug:

ll

9 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Ibaaboy(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12
Mihaug:

lol

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Kelklein(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12
dey play my fans..

Bob is stronger that the feminine looks he choose to be portraying just to make money..

Do you know what that guy has gone through in life..🤔

Something tells me he may not spend upto the six months.. the State may work out some kind of pardon for him soon..

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12
Thissystem:
A public interest and human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, has revealed the challenging situation cross-dresser Idris Okuneye aka Bobrisky, may face while serving his time at Ikoyi Prison.

Bobrisky was sentenced to six months in prison without an option of fine over naira abuse charges on Friday.

Reacting to the judgement in a tweet on Friday, the lawyer said: “Bobrisky will have a difficulty experience in the Custodial Centre (prison) because he is not a freedom fighter and does not seem to me like someone that can stay in a restricted environment under harsh and excruciating conditions.”

He continued: “The main key to surviving imprisonment is mental strength and courage. The prison wall only breaks those who are not driven by strong convictions.

“For a freedom fighter, it is a training ground. No true activist goes to prison and comes out weaker. They always come out stronger and bolder. History shows this clearly. Any activist that is broken by imprisonment is a pretender.

“If you are all about the ‘soft life’, and you are the fragile type and incapable of enduring physical discomfiture, you should avoid imprisonment.

“Some of us came out stronger after our imprisonment because we have always been mentally prepared for it and due to our strong ideological disposition.

“Bobrisky will be confronted by a culture shock when he enters Ikoyi Prison and realizes that it is a different world from what he knows. After a few days, he will begin to adjust to his new world.

“Money can only ameliorate the hardship there, but it will not shield him from the daily problems and inconveniences of the prison environment.

“This is when he will know who his true friends are. When I was jailed for one month, reality dawn on me that some people who I thought were sympathetic to my cause, actually celebrated my detention. How my enemies felt about it was irrelevant.

“Unluckily for my unfriendly friends and foes, my spirit was free and liberated. My physical restriction didn’t break me at all. I actually added weight in prison and enjoyed long hours of sleep which I never had before and after my one month imprisonment.

“Most Nigerians have a wrong perception of the prison system. The idea that the prison is where only criminals are kept is baseless. If I didn’t experience it, I would not have known how deeply flawed and broken our criminal justice system is.

“Many people in prison are innocent or just victims of circumstances. But there are also hardened criminals there. Sadly, the current system does little or nothing to reform inmates,” he added.

More
https://dailypostngr.com/2024/04/what-bobrisky-should-expect-at-ikoyi-prison-lawyer/

I just pray he doesn’t drop a soap at the shower lol

16 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Floky215: 11:53pm On Apr 12
Kelklein:
dey play my fans..

Bob is stronger that he feminine looks he choose to be portraying just to make money..

Something tells me he may not spend upto the six months.. the State may work out some kind of pardon for him soon..

State would work pardon for him say he his who?

He would go back to his charcoal color after his time there...!!

The next for his likes nah lighted tyre for neck....!!

29 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Gilgil: 2:00am On Apr 13
He has planned all this to seek asylum abroad.

19 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by KingSadeeq(m): 2:43am On Apr 13
Mihaug:
LMFAO I sha pity the guy/lady small o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by 1Alex: 6:16am On Apr 13
I am not a fan of the gay. He is even repulsive to my sight but honestly, he was used as a scape goat, what they termed "naira abuse" is just what they used to rope him in, as if someone was having bad belle for him before. If you watched the video that led to his arrest you might agree with me. Some people do worst things with naira but never get arrested. What he did does not deserve a prison term, at most commit him to community service.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by UselessBuharist: 6:22am On Apr 13
I just want the prison walls to reset his brain and sexuality to default mode

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by free2ryhme: 7:38am On Apr 13
Thissystem:

More

he will grow beards there grin

4 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by BscHolder: 7:38am On Apr 13
Mihaug:
why una think say gays plenty for prison?

3 Likes

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by BscHolder: 7:40am On Apr 13
1Alex:
I am not a fan of the gay. He is even repulsive to my sight but honestly, he was used as a scape goat, what they termed "naira abuse" is just what they used to rope him in, as if someone was having bad belle for him before. If you watched the video that led to his arrest you might agree with me. Some people do worst things with naira but never get arrested. What he did does not deserve a prison term, at most commit him to community service.
and also no option of fine. That's to tell you they were ready for him grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by poshestmina(f): 7:40am On Apr 13
Gilgil:

Hmmmmm!
Another angle .Might be true though.
Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Slayar: 7:58am On Apr 13
Whether naira abuse or not,people like bobrisky need to be put away one way or another. The number of people who became gay / trans or whatever from bobrisky in Nigeria is alarming.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Mihaug(m): 8:49am On Apr 13
BscHolder:
why una think say gays plenty for prison?

No mind us na cruise thing. Its predominant in U.S prisons. Gay intercourse in Nigeria prison is codedly and low-key unlike U.S prisons that u can enter shower and see gay orgy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by 2shure: 1:10pm On Apr 13
I've been imprisoned willingly in my 200level days. I had only 8 friends..like real 8 friends.after my money finish.3 ran away.the rest 5 had my back. Naso I begin dey house.then I did not have a system.opera mini cheat things.i was imprisoned by hardship for 8months before I got paid almost 2m.i had to relocate to GRA fast. No where I find myself.u must strong.be it soft or hard. I've seen it all. Slept in cell for 5days,stayed with my gf for a week sleeping on the floor,stayed with diff fake guys ,some 1 day,some 2 days,stayed with fake hating ass relatives,slept in my car for a week,come on. Where I never sleep. Na only inside gutter and on top tree.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Kelklein(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13
Kelklein:
dey play my fans..

Bob is stronger that the feminine looks he choose to be portraying just to make money..

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by iichidodo: 6:29pm On Apr 13
That his sweet succulent ass will be sucked, f**ked and brutashiously overwhelmed with the loins and groins of hard sex starved men... Don't even let us get started with his mouth. Even if the warders manage to get a cell or a room for his incarceration, tis pretty certain that big shots in that prison system will yank (not pull) ...but yank strings down just to get into close proximity with his buttocks... Especially those gay aboki big shots with their lonng preek..

1 Like

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by ClassicMan202(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13
What else but watery beans and 🤐
Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13
I'm tired of this charade.

1 Like

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by joseph1832(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13
Hmm.
Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by MuslimIgbo: 6:30pm On Apr 13
Anyone who thinks it's because of Naira mutilation that Bobrisky is kept behind bars is a MUMU.

Bobrisky just need to be thought a lesson for his excess on the social media for IDENTIFY DISORDERS.

NO ONE IS SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T BE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE OR 4K WHOEVER YOU WANT TO 4K, BUT JUST DON'T PROMOTE IT OR BRING IT TO THE SOCIAL MEDIA.

THE MOMENT IT'S ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA, IT BECOMES THE PUBLIC BUSINESS.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by kenbee(f): 6:30pm On Apr 13
He / She should expect to be Bedmate to every prisoner and even the warders

1 Like

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by TUANKU(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13
Mihaug:
Lashing grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by DeGods007(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13
Gilgil:

Wishful thinking grin
Re: What Bobrisky Should Expect At Ikoyi Prison – Lawyer Reveals by Dsimmer: 6:32pm On Apr 13
Bobrisky isn't a criminal and has no business in the prison to begin with. The useless judge should be sanctioned, including the useless efcc who don't know their job. What happened to community work for two weeks? Spraying money isn't mutilation. If it was mutilation, the money would be useless to the recipient who are the beneficiary of the money. They should sink that into their brain for a moment. Secondly, It's not only bob who was seen spraying money but several northern politicians were also seen spraying money. So what's with the useless selective judgement? Na craze? How I dislike injustice!

6 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Kills Wife In Germany Over Children Benefit (photos) / Bride, Groom Shot Dead On Wedding Eve In Enugu / 9-year-old Black Boy Wrongly Accused Of Sexual Assault By A White Woman (video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.