Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Buying My First Car - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying My First Car (51790 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying My First Car by Cutehector(m): 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
hezsquirt:
As an experienced car dealer and an automobil lover, having used both cars u mentioned, I'll advise u go for the 06/07 honda civic.Trust me, you'll have no ball joint issues like accord.. I have used two Honda civic and I tell u that that model of Honda is very reliable.
The parts are very easy to get and they aren't as expensive as camry (big daddy's) parts.
Also it comes with an IV-TEC engine and the fuel consumption is very nice.
Not saying the 05 camry is a bad choice tho, but your budget could get u a toks standard honda civic and would only get u a regular (not grade A) standard toyota Camry.
what of honda accord 2009/2010

Do they have those ball joint issues too?
Re: Buying My First Car by Cutehector(m): 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2023
Trustme2:

Let me teach you free of charge grin grin
chai.. Muta nwoke eji eme gini?

If na your fellow man, you go teach am for free? Simpness
Re: Buying My First Car by FIZZBEE: 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
yesloaded:

Both cars of your choice are fine, but ensure that you do thorough checks before you buy any of them. Check the engine and gear. For the gear, please remove the gear oil gauge, smell the oil if it's not smelling burnt, and if it does, please avoid such cars. If the gear oil also looks too brownish or black, that's a sign of badly maintained gear, and it's not advisable for purchase to avoid spending heavily on repair. 

If the rpm moves to 4k - 5k before it return to rest n pick up, it's sign of weak transmission, it supposed to return to rest & pick up before or at exactly 3k.

Each time it returns, it means the vehicle has moved from one gear to the next

Ensure that your technician scans the vehicle and certifies everything is fine; let him be your trusted technician

Above, if your entire money na 1.8m presently I advised you have 200k extra cash before you buy that 1.8m car boss. To buy car no hard, maintenance na the koko
for the weak transmission any remedy of that.
Re: Buying My First Car by yesloaded: 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
FIZZBEE:
for the weak transmission any remedy of that.

Sometimes replacement but we have competent engineer who repairs

If you are buying Naija used cars, avoid the one with weak transmission

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by cobby14(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
My Honda gives me no headaches so I’d advise you to stick to Honda and the fuel consumption is moderate
Re: Buying My First Car by hezsquirt(m): 11:21am On Mar 19, 2023
Yes, they do
Cutehector:
what of honda accord 2009/2010

Do they have those ball joint issues too?

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by Manuella4ace: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
kodab:
You dey save 5k per day till e reach 1.8 mil

Anyway as mechanic concerns don't go and buy Benz ooo because maintenance alone go dey chop 10% of ur hard earned money,so my advice for u is to buy Toyota corolla 2007 model
The car get economic very well
1. Low consumer of fuel at the rate of 50litre per 150km
2.spare part full every mechanics market and e cheap
3.maintenance money na 2% of ur hard earn money

1. Wrong on that, you know that the car is not healthy at all oo.
2007 Toyota Corolla, 50litres should cover from ojo Lagos to Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by yak(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2023
What about 05-07 Matrix?

Branduche:

Just go through this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread

And get Heavenlybang and Nurey to help there with choosing your first car. There are also great people on the thread though.

For me I will only recommend Toyota Corolla, Toyota Yaris and Honda Civic 2008 as first car.
Re: Buying My First Car by Manuella4ace: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
yak:

What about 05-07 Matrix?

Its a Corolla in another body, but it's spacious inside tho.
I recently drove a 2010 Yaris hatchback 5door 1.5l 1nz-fe engine, automatic, very zippy on petrol, portable car, honestly I fell in love with the Yaris.
Just a simple funky car.
Re: Buying My First Car by yak(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
dmgr:
Toyota Camry

Low cost of maintenance
Availability of spare parts
Average fuel consumption
Durability

1. Is Toyota maintainance really low cost?
Nowadays, I notice that replacement parts of Yota are on the high side if you choose the original OEM over Chinese
2. You get spare parts of the Honda in virtually every city in Nigeria
3. Fuel consumption of the Civic is incomparable with the Camry. Camry is a much bigger engine than Civic .
4. I think the Camry should be more rugged but then, what he's doing with the car will determine that. If just a regular 9-5 guy, no need for the bigger Camry unless he travels intermittently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buying My First Car by yak(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Its a Corolla in another body, but it's spacious inside tho.
I recently drove a 2010 Yaris hatchback 5door 1.5l 1nz-fe engine, automatic, very zippy on petrol, portable car, honestly I fell in love with the Yaris.
Just a simple funky car.

I'm also considering that 1.5 litre Yaris.
I expect removal of subsidy but Nigerian used is quite scarce

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by Lobolintin(m): 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
post=121767077:
You have nice choices.

One of us @ wan do Give away with the below o....
For one lucky reader....
You not gonna pay a dime.
Na Baba God do am!

E clean shey? 😉
Clean and in perfect condition.
The Air condition is outta this world 🌎 mehn!
Our favorite part of the car for this hot season.

God is the Ultimate Boss sir.

Mention the name and model of the car and 'e fit be u ooooo'

Nissan Altima 2012
Re: Buying My First Car by Latidoh1: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
Madebyme:

Can you deliver to Asaba?
What quantity do you need
Re: Buying My First Car by Tidal23: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
I think a Mercedes Benz slk 230 will suit you well
Re: Buying My First Car by Sirchiboy: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2023
Tidal23:
I think a Mercedes Benz slk 230 will suit you well
How much?
Re: Buying My First Car by Tidal23: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sirchiboy:
How much?
it depends on the year but the price range is from 1.2mill to 2.8 mill
Re: Buying My First Car by uzoexcel(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
sweetkev:
I will give you my Toyota Camry (big daddy) 2003 for 1.7m. Very sound engine and very good gear selection. Chilling AC and everything working perfectly. Since it's your first car you need to enjoy your money without stress. TRUST ME

pictures
Re: Buying My First Car by sweetkev(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
uzoexcel:

pictures
Gone
Re: Buying My First Car by dharmyt(m): 12:36am On Apr 18, 2023
Dear Landers,
Pls I need your utmost advice.
I am planning of getting my first car and I saw this Honda accord 2008, the present guy bought it few months ago from a dealer and he his relocating. Due to distance(car is in ABK while I live in Lagos), I asked my uncle to go check the car and was satisfied with the body and interior, engine looks cool but then, the seller said the driver side leg makes sound when driven over a long distance and central lock has issue aside that, it’s first body while bumper has been sprayed before he got it. Pls your candid advice will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by heybeebugatty(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
The car look good
Re: Buying My First Car by Manuella4ace: 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
dharmyt:
Dear Landers,
I am planning of getting my first car and I saw this Honda accord 2008, the present guy bought it few months ago from a dealer and he his relocating. Due to distance(car is in ABK while I live in Lagos), I asked my uncle to go check the car and was satisfied with the body and interior, engine looks cool but then, the seller said the driver side leg makes sound when driven over a long distance and central lock has issue aside that, it’s first body while bumper has been sprayed before he got it. Pls your candid advice will be appreciated.

No be JuJu be this!

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by RoadMozart(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
dharmyt:
Dear Landers,
If eye no pain me, e be like say dem don panel beat that door... Looks panel beated and painted

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by Musty4ahmed1: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2023
Germanhunter:
So when I carry My Car come house today ,
I will post pictures and everything so I can be bashed or praised (anyhow )

I will not jam
It won’t be my coffin
I will upgrade higher from here on
I will not use it to kill anybody or anything. Congratulations so which car did you later settled for? How has been your experience since you bought it?

I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR

(I see the important message and thy will surely get credited )

Thank you nairaland/ers

With great pleasure to share this you all
. Congratulations! So what car did you later settled for and what has been your experience since you bought it?
Re: Buying My First Car by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
RoadMozart:

If eye no pain me, e be like say dem don panel beat that door... Looks panel beated and painted
exactly..the panel did a shoddy spray job on this right side

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by Mofetemi(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2023
Good morning house. I just want to buy my first car. The brand i have in mind is TOYOTA. In this current economy, which Toyota Saloon/SUV (Tokunbo) one can get for ₦2.5M-₦3M max?. The car is just to be used after close of work for just like 5-15mins drive once in a while (E.g. To go and buy my meal, or visit my tailor and so on)

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car by Manuella4ace: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
Mofetemi:
Good morning house. I just want to buy my first car. The brand i have in mind is TOYOTA. In this current economy, which Toyota Saloon/SUV (Tokunbo) one can get for ₦2.5M-₦3M max?. The car is just to be used after close of work for just like 5-15mins drive once in a while (E.g. To go and buy my meal, or visit my tailor and so on)

I no sure this your budget can get a toks.
Re: Buying My First Car by Zuby2fyn: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, please I need a honest advice from a professional on a good car for a starter (male) with classy design, easy maintenance and most importantly fuel economical. Budget between 2-3k usd (not in a hurry)
Re: Buying My First Car by Stakekay1(m): 7:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Mofetemi:
You can only get good Nigerian used with this your budget. Most car dealers are now dealing with Nigerian used because of increase in exchange rate cost and unfriedly custom charges.
Re: Buying My First Car by Germanhunter(m): 4:13am On Dec 30, 2023
My baby and i still going good .. bashed just once (learning stage) .. korope don show me , okada(aboki)too but my baby and i are survivors ..looking to upgrade in the new year tho …
Re: Buying My First Car by felix55(m): 8:54am On Jan 01
Volkswagen cars r gud & fuel economy..parts cheap too..
Jetta,Passat etc .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cartalk Lounge. (derailers Paradise) / See The Real Meaning Of The Logo Of Mercedes Benz! / Innoson Backs The #ENDSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.