Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically (14506 Views)

Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / 5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by EriMma1: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
Most companies no longer accept hard copy of CV. So they would usually tell you to senf it through email to them.

Just have a copy in your mailbox and search online for recruiting companies you can send it to..

Also be prayerful and ask God what he wants you to do and that He should guide you to the path he wants you to go.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by greypencils: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
Welcome to life 101

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by ObidenceNeckpre: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
If you be igbo pls just stay back and enjoy the paradise una Peter Obi built for una in Onitsha and SE states , u will get enough job and with free duplex there , No near Lagos or other yoruba land oooo if ogun no wan kee u
Be78:
As the topic says
I recently passed out from NYSC and also new in lag

Please how does one go about submitting Cv in lag
I am also doing the online application

But i am thinking if i go direct to companies it wont be sad
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Mubby4luv(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
bonnyhope:
Now you are completely in God s hand

You might not understand this now

I smell experience all over ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
THEMORALMEN:

Passed out from NYSC.....hmmm ๐Ÿ˜”
Education down the drain shss.....

It's your education that is down the drain!
What i needed was a simple direction from those that have gone through my phase

Calling one attention to error is very effective than crowning yourself expert

Your education is a waste if you can't use it for the betterment of the society
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Focusmind:
Let me help with the format I used in the mid 2000s

Just pay attention.......

Going to offices to submit CVs now is outdated. The security guys will use you to shine. You do not have to do that at this modern age.

Search online for the name of the MD of your targeted companies, the company address and write a good cover letter, stating your competencies and capabilities and what you think you can offer the company. You must have researched about the company anyway

Post the letter using NIPOST or any of the cheap courier companies. The letter will be delivered straight to the MD's table. If he reads it and finds it interesting, he would order the HR to call you immediately. Some MDs likes people with boldness. For you to have made effort to get his name, researched about the company and addressed your letter personally to him, he may want to give you a chance for an interview.

Do not address the letter to the HR. Read my post above very well... Write to the MD. If you write to the HR, typical of Nigerian HRs, the person will just trash your CV and may not get it to the MD or any of the hiring manager. If you do not know the name of the MD, use the sample below:

The Managing Director
Atlantic Petroleum and Exploration Limited
22 Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue
Victoria Island, Lagos

Another format, go to Ikoyi, VI and part of Lekki Phase one, check for all those coded companies without sign post. Lay siege for any of the staff or driver coming out from the building, engage one to help you submit CV or ask if you could get details of the HR or MD. Some of these coded companies in VI, Ikoyi and Lekki without sign post are multi billion naira companies. It is only when you enter the compound and see the kind SUVs parked that you would know how far. The building hardly pass one story building, but the buildings are usually cozy and serene with touch of class.

Get the addresses of the buildings you feels may be harboring a company. Confirm from security or passersby the name of the company. The security guys at the company may not want to disclose the name of the company to you. As I earlier said, some of these uniformed security men could be overzealous and they know how to use job seekers shine. Ask passers by or any Keke or public driver or people hanging around if they know the name of the company.

Seeking for job in this country requires street smartness. I got calls from MDs for chat and interviews with some of the CVs and applications I submitted using the stated format above. My first job located at Idowu Taylor, VI, was through this means - submission of unsolicited hard copy application and CV. I remembered, I just left ICAN office where I went to submit a document and saw one company like that without any name. I inquired about the name and sent a well written cover letter and resume to the MD. Emphasis on cover letter because that is where you tell your story

Good luck!
Thank you
May the good Lord bless and keep elevating you

The wonders of Nairaland
Someone scheduled a zoom meeting, in order to help me build my LinkedIn acct
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
StreetFight:
[code][/code]

Go to your village. We don't want miscreants in Lagos again. Whether you are from Osun or from Anambra or from Adamawa, go back to your village, if not, very soon we will pick you up and dump you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head Onitsha at 2:00AM

Lol... Are you in your village?
Werey
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
greypencils:
Welcome to life 101
grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by GambaOsaka: 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
fawaz050:

Nice Suggestion. Applications are mostly online now.

KPMG and EY will start recruiting in April. He can check up their website by then.

Olden days/Nollywood

Who told you?
I worked in M & B for several years. It all started with dropping my cv at the gatemanโ€™s desk in Sapara street., off Oba akran. I remember dropping it in about 20 companies on that day in Ikeja.
If you are really desperate, youโ€™ll achieve the impossible.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Nonywendy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
SaintLucia:
Why must it be Lagos State? Can't you go to Anambra state where Obi Pandora turned Nenwi to Paris, Onitsha to Dubai and Awka to Singapore as claimed by zombiedients.

Lagos is a slum, Lagos is this, Lagos is that but zombiedients will never ease to come to the same Lagos for greener pastures.
Common sense is not that common
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Nonywendy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Focusmind:

Going to offices to submit CVs now is outdated. The security guys will use you to shine. You do not have to do that at this modern age.

Search online for the name of the MD of your targeted companies, the company address and write a good cover letter, stating your competencies and capabilities and what you think you can offer the company. You must have researched about the company anyway

Post the letter using NIPOST or any of the cheap courier companies. The letter will be delivered straight to the MD's table. If he reads it and finds it interesting, he would order the HR to call you immediately. Some MDs likes people with boldness. For you to have made effort to get his name, researched about the company and addressed your letter personally to him, he may want to give you a chance for an interview.

Do not address the letter to the HR. Read my post above very well... Write to the MD. If you write to the HR, typical of Nigerian HRs, the person will just trash your CV and may not get it to the MD or any of the hiring manager. If you do not know the name of the MD, use the sample below:

The Managing Director
22 Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue
Victoria Island, Lagos

Another format, go to Ikoyi, VI and part of Lekki Phase one, check for all those coded companies without sign post. Lay siege for any of the staff or driver coming out from the building, engage one to help you submit CV or ask if you could get details of the HR or MD. Some of these coded companies in VI, Ikoyi and Lekki without sign post are multi billion naira companies. It is only when you enter the compound and see the kind SUVs parked that you would know how far. The building hardly pass one story building, but the buildings are usually cozy and serene with touch of class.

Get the addresses of the buildings you feels may be harboring a company. Confirm from security or passersby the name of the company. The security guys at the company may not want to disclose the name of the company to you. As I earlier said, some of these uniformed security men could be overzealous and they know how to use job seekers shine. Ask passers by or any Keke or public driver or people hanging around if they know the name of the company.

Seeking for job in this country requires street smartness. I got calls from MDs for chat and interviews with some of the CVs and applications I submitted using the stated format above. My first job located at Idowu Taylor, VI, was through this means - submission of unsolicited hard copy application and CV. I remembered, I just left ICAN office where I went to submit a document and saw one company like that without any name. I inquired about the name and sent a well written cover letter and resume to the MD. Emphasis on cover letter because that is where you tell your story

Good luck!
Dear OP, if you want a job in Lagos island axis, use this format.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by DanceVille: 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
I'm a professional CV and cover letter writer with low charge ...

Having a professional CV is very important when you're job seeking because it will enable you to have a higher chance above your competitors.

Message me via my email or whatsapp contact to get started.

Oh, before I forget, it's delivery before payment!.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by dewiseacre(m): 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Send your CV to recruitment@stresertintegrated.com using your area of experience/qualification as subject.

You can also check out https://www.stresertintegrated.com/vacancies
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Smartwave: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Be78:
As the topic says

must it be Lagos? Why not Abia, Enugu, IMO or Anambra state? Must you all die in southwest?
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
dewiseacre:
Send your CV to recruitment@stresertintegrated.com using your area of experience/qualification as subject.

You can also check out https://www.stresertintegrated.com/vacancies
Thank sir
I jst sent it now
Time: 10:10pm sir
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Be78: 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Meddymeddy: 11:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
Godsfrezx:
Start with the gateman of any reputable company and make sure you are nice to them.
How real is this
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Meddymeddy: 11:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
Focusmind:

The Managing Director
22 Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue
Victoria Island, Lagos

Good luck!

Boss welldone for explaining it in details, I'm also in the same shoes with OP and I would like to ask a question if you don't mind. My question is that do i have to look for companies that is related to my field or it's just a random thing??
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by SaintLucia: 12:15am On Mar 16, 2023
Nonywendy:

Common sense is not that common
You mean common sense is far away from Obi Pandora who couldn't develop Anambra state for his people but allow them to always troop into Lagos State for greener pastures.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by harmargedon: 12:44am On Mar 16, 2023
Be78:
As the topic says

grin grin grin grin save your T-fare.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Focusmind: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2023
Meddymeddy:

Boss welldone for explaining it in details, I'm also in the same shoes with OP and I would like to ask a question if you don't mind. My question is that do i have to look for companies that is related to my field or it's just a random thing??

The company must not be related to your field. But you must have developed great competency and capabilities on one specialty - a transferrable skill. I always tell people, especially, young graduates, to make out time in acquiring capabilities and expertise in one particular area.

You may have an excellent communication skills - writing and verbal; Microsoft Excel; Data Analytics; Excellent Customer Service Skills; Graphics Design; Advertising and Marketing Skills; General IT skills and Professional qualifications in accounting like ICAN or others.

The above skills are minimum expectations. For each of the skills you mentioned in your cover letter, you must state briefly how you applied it and the positive impact it had, which may be quantifiable. ie put in absolute numbers if possible.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Meddymeddy: 7:04am On Mar 16, 2023
Focusmind:

The company must not be related to your field. But you must have developed great competency and capabilities on one specialty - a transferrable skill. I always tell people, especially, young graduates, to make out time in acquiring capabilities and expertise in one particular area.

You may have an excellent communication skills - writing and verbal; Microsoft Excel; Data Analytics; Excellent Customer Service Skills; Graphics Design; Advertising and Marketing Skills; General IT skills and Professional qualifications in accounting like ICAN or others.

The above skills are minimum expectations. For each of the skills you mentioned in your cover letter, you must state briefly how you applied it and the positive impact it had, which may be quantifiable. ie put in absolute numbers if possible.

Well skills can never be over emphasized but for some of us we aren't opportune to learn a skills. Now as a graduate without any formal skills what do you suggest I do like in my CV and cover letters how do I make it attracted attention since I don't have a skill?
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by solomonUC(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2023
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Focusmind: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2023
Meddymeddy:

Well skills can never be over emphasized but for some of us we aren't opportune to learn a skills. Now as a graduate without any formal skills what do you suggest I do like in my CV and cover letters how do I make it attracted attention since I don't have a skill?

CV is a marketing document. If you have nothing to "sell" in your CV, then as an employer, I am sorry, I have nothing to offer you. That's the bitter truth. The job market is fiercely competitive and even more competitive in an economy like Nigeria. You just have to make out time and develop your skills except if mother luck smiles on you and you get job by "connection" or recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Nonywendy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
SaintLucia:
You mean common sense is far away from Obi Pandora who couldn't develop Anambra state for his people but allow them to always troop into Lagos State for greener pastures.
Get A life. Obi has really caused u nightmare
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by SaintLucia: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
Nonywendy:
Get A life. Obi has really caused u nightmare
U mean Onitsha Agbero should get a life because they couldn't develop Anambra state or Obi Pandora should get a life and move on after his defeat at the recent presidential election cos I no understand grin
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Iykolysis: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
[quote author=Be78 post=121755843][/quote]

Don't go, It's a waste of time and resources.
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Meddymeddy: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Focusmind:

CV is a marketing document. If you have nothing to "sell" in your CV, then as an employer, I am sorry, I have nothing to offer you. That's the bitter truth. The job market is fiercely competitive and even more competitive in an economy like Nigeria. You just have to make out time and develop your skills except if mother luck smiles on you and you get job by "connection" or recommendation.

Thank you for your guild
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Nonywendy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
SaintLucia:
U mean Onitsha Agbero should get a life because they couldn't develop Anambra state or Obi Pandora should get a life and move on after his defeat at the recent presidential election cos I no understand grin
Subject of discussion was for a young guy seeking advice on how to submit cv u carry ur stinking mouth and enter with obi ur nightmare. Get a life urchin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by SaintLucia: 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Nonywendy:
Subject of discussion was for a young guy seeking advice on how to submit cv u carry ur stinking mouth and enter with obi ur nightmare. Get a life urchin
U mean the young Onitsha Agbero now want to submit his CV in Lagos State because Obi Pandora couldn't develop Anambra state grin
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by Nonywendy(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2023
SaintLucia:
U mean the young Onitsha Agbero now want to submit his CV in Lagos State because Obi Pandora couldn't develop Anambra state grin
Get a meaningful bro. Ur thinking faculty have been urchinrised
Re: Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically by SaintLucia: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2023
Nonywendy:

Get a meaningful bro. Ur thinking faculty have been urchinrised
U mean Onitsha Agbero and Obi Pandora are now drunk and couldn't get a meaningful life the reason why Anambra state isn't develop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Be Brash And Over-confident: Lesson For Job Seekers / Bas Nig Ltd / How Authentic Is This Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.