Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State (5412 Views)

NLC Suspends 2-Day Nationwide Protest, Gives Reasons / NLC Suspends Strike In Kaduna / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Tee2027: 10:31am On Mar 15, 2023
Oh who begged them? Pls go on strike and shut everywhere down and think you are hurting Buhari that give no shit.
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Temi2468: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2023
SoftP:
Toothless Dogs,
Minimum wage stagnant & yet, fuel was increased over 110% , not even a demo dance of disagreement from NLC’
Lecturers were on strike for almost a year, no solidarity from the so-called NLC,

Unionism in Nigeria is completely dead
& buried, the only hope for the common man out there is to protect & defend himself.
The labor force only existed during the days of
Pa. Imoudu, Though Oshiomole gave a little face lift until he metamorphosed to a Political Monster.

Nigeria now is all Man for himself,

& now that subsidy has been removed from budget, Nigerians should brace up to buy fuel @ minimum of 700/liter very soon

When lecturers went on strike, those Nigerians who became sympathy givers of FG called them all sort of names from wicked to insensitive. Now that all unions kept mute in the face of naira palava, continuous fuel scarcity and outrageous fuel price hike, na the same people condemn their silence.

We have not seen anything.
We will wise up by force.

As for NLC, that one na union??
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Zonefree(m): 10:44am On Mar 15, 2023
Yeah. They restored power this morning.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Angelfrost(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2023
Badabada:
Nobody takes NLC serious anymore. All of them na politician and they never had the interest of the masses.

Toothless bull dog.

It's so easy to talk online... Go to Imo and say this nonsense!

Imo state has been in shambles since the strike started... No light, no water, most fuel stations stopped selling, even telecoms were already threatening to join today along with banks.

If this strike had lasted one more day, there would have been serious unrest in that state!

Hope Uzodinma is the most useless governor that state has had!

How can a governor constantly be fighting with his citizens?!! Haba!

No wonder he is called Supreme court governor!... You can't convince me that guy won more votes in that election! Never!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by 2tpick: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2023
I just pity the governor of imo state. He lives like an endangered specie in that state. I ran into his convoy yesterday while I was passing through the state capital. Mehn the type of armed forces wey dey follow the man eh, u will think that John wick is after him. If he can looking over his shoulders in the state capital, then the whole obinze barrack will be moved to his hometown whenever he wishes to visit.
The way things are going, even if he turns imo state to dubai in 4years it wont still endear him to imolites. The most painful part of it all is that he knows all these but power intoxicates

3 Likes

Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Bluntemperor: 11:24am On Mar 15, 2023
Regoojo08:
Never knew about the strike

Joe Ajaero is trying to test his acceptability as a New NLC Boss ,at a wrong time,which he ought to have push pass this Elections time and unfortunately,he dragged himself into it!
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by hectorr(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2023
It's been hell here in Owerri for for the past one week... No light, no cash , no water, no food ...
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by seborrhic: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
That's how they start and fall by the wayside.
Did the NLC not know there would be a governorship and state assembly elections before it embarked on the original strike.
Wont be surprised to know they have been promised some goodies and before you know it you won't hear anything about the strike again,even when none of the strike demands have been met
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by Shuzzi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Joker!!!
Did they ever embark on any strike before........

Announcement was only made to prepare for industrial action.........
Do you reside in Imo state?

Don't type what you don't know undecided
Re: NLC Suspends Strike In Imo State by dniceguy1: 7:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Is there a shortcut to do it without seeing invitation,cos I never see invitation since these years oooo
Hawkeyez:
imo is a messed up state ,nothing is working there,
for my pi#network lovers mass kyc has arrived ,go do yours from the browser

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Obj Visits Me, I Will Pour Hot Water On Him - Mimiko's Mother / Christmas Day Bomb Victims For Burial Today. Lets Sign A Condolence Register. / Edo Overtakes Enugu In Coal Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.