Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology (12381 Views)

Umahi Seeks South East Support For Tinubu / Umahi Seeks Reconciliation, Negotiations With Bandits In Ebonyi / Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by searchlight: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2023
dedonfranco:
David Umahi is still the best Governor from south East since 1999

Peter Obi is only a noise maker.

Nice one. You know this why didn't you make him your presidential candidate?
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by LKO(m): 11:31am On Mar 15, 2023
I don't know if any state have two federal universities at the moment. Ebonyi State has one already at Ikwo established by President Jonthan. Fingers crossed.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by pocom35: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2023
check out china's biggest investment in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMa_-VCbOWw
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Okwyjesus(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2023
fergie001:
Dave Umahi will never be forgotten in a hurry.

👍

Dude understands the power of negotiations and the rules of power.

Na you go loose for opposition

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by wink2015(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2023
I think the federal government should allow all Polytechnic run Bachelor degree that is BTECH.

Umahi knowing that HND degree has outlived his usefulness is looking for ways to scrap HND and the only way to do it is to convert the federal polytechnic to degree awarding university.

It is not just a change of name it is a change from HND degree to BTECH degree.

HND DEGREE SHOULD BE SCRAPPED IN NIGERIA
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by SmartPolician: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
chatinent:
I like this man. The only south east governor working. And funnily enough, he is in APC.

Clearly, there are also reasonable people in APC.

Given his meagre allocation, Dave Umahi is the best governor in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by DesChyko: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
I feel it's awkward seeking Presidential permission to upgrade a Polytechnic.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by YaksonFCA(m): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2023
The conversion cannot be upgraded unless the law establishing that polytechnic is amended by the parliament and assented to by the president. That is the proper thing to do in this situation
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by 0m0nnakoda: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2023
YaksonFCA:
The conversion cannot be upgraded unless the law establishing that polytechnic is amended by the parliament and assented to by the president. That is the proper thing to do in this situation
How likely is that before Buhari leaves office
How many more days will the National assembly seat in the next 2 months?
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by 0m0nnakoda: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2023
DesChyko:
I feel it's awkward seeking Presidential permission to upgrade a Polytechnic.
maybe if the FG owns it
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by ObidenceNeckpre: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2023
Do you read the post at all??
savcy:
Proliferating institutions of higher education isn't the issue. Let's strengthen the ones we already have.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Nnabig: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2023
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by DesChyko: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
maybe if the FG owns it

I'm looking at if from the standpoint that there is a Ministry of Education that should oversee such things. There is also the NUC responsible for accreditation since it concerns an upgrade(if I'm not mistaken).

Perhaps it is standard procedure but offhand, I would feel irritated being bothered with such trivial things if I had the welfare of 200 million people to bother about.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Adabestseason(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Are we not tired of empty papers issued out by universities in this country with no face-values why not make Dr.Akanu Ibiam polytechnic university so that those for HND will continue along with Bachelors programmes.So many worthless certificates major problem in the country GDP is poor with rootless growth.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by mabea: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Umahi has proven that you can achieve anything you set your mind to do. See how he has transformed Ebonyi state
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by johbara: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
This man is one of the best things to come out of Eastern Nigeria....these are the kind of people the Easterners should rally around and project them for presidency in Time to come.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by 0m0nnakoda: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
DesChyko:

I'm looking at if from the standpoint that there is a Ministry of Education that should oversee such things. There is also the NUC responsible for accreditation since it concerns an upgrade(if I'm not mistaken).

Perhaps it is standard procedure but offhand, I would feel irritated being bothered with such trivial things if I had the welfare of 200 million people to bother about.
The president does not approve private universities or state universities
This is political to the extent that if it is an FG polytechnic upgrading it has to be funded and captured in long term budgeting/planning and likely will trigger counter and competing requests from across the country. The political process can be used to persuade other people to allow our issue come to the front of the queue especially when funds are limited e.g. if the FG says in the next 5 years we can only upgrade 2 and there are requests for 6

Finding money is beyond the scope of. NUC
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by vicoloni(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
LegendHero:
Nice. One of the best performing governor in Nigeria.

He should make sure he got succession plan so that another party won’t just come in to destroy his 8 years of hard work and legacy.

Because you can build for 100 years and one person can just come in and destroy all what you did in just 1 year.

Like what Trump did to Obama

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Ebubu2: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
LKO:
I don't know if any state have two federal universities at the moment. Ebonyi State has one already at Ikwo established by President Jonthan. Fingers crossed.

alex ekwueme federal university ebonyi state
dave umahi federal college of medicine ebonyi state
akanu ibiam federal university of science and technology ebonyi state

Ebonyi is not playing with education

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Topmaike007(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
Dave my Man
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by bolademi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
CallmeTrinity:
This guy is always busy making strides silently,unlike Wike whom will be carry musical band everywhere to commission one road or one bridge.

Or like my useless governor Obaseki

So Obaseki is useless I thought una like his style of leadership before
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by fabian063: 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
dedonfranco:

Peter Obi is the best, followed by Sullivan and then Umahi. We from the South East don't deceive ourselves
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ebubu2:

JUST IN: GOVERNOR DAVID UMAHI OF EBONYI STATE WRITES MR. PRESIDENT, REQUEST STATUS CHANGE OF AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC TO AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Read the full letter below:

His Excellency
President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Presidential Villa
Aso Rock
Abuja

RE: REQUEST TO CHANGE THE STATUS OF AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC TO AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

1. Ebonyi state Government will forever remain grateful to the Federal Government for immortalizing His Excellency, Late Dr. Akanu lbiam who was the Governor of the Old Eastern States by naming a Federal Polytechnic after him.

2. Mr. President is invited to note that the world is fast moving to the era of full technology automation. It is in the light of this knowledge that I seek the kind approval of Mr. President to approve that the Polytechnic be converted to Federal University of Science and Technology

3. This conversion will enable the Institution to focus on modern science and technology courses and research to drive our modern day needs in South East and Nigeria.

4. PRAYER:

That Mr. President do kindly approve:

a. That the Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic in Ebonyi State be converted to Akanu lbiam Federal University of Science and Technology.

b. That Mr. President do kindly direct the Hon. Minister of Education to effect this conversion.

Please, accept as always, the assurances of my highest regards.

Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE, CON
Governor, Ebonyi State
14-03- 2023

Good move
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ebubu2:

JUST IN: GOVERNOR DAVID UMAHI OF EBONYI STATE WRITES MR. PRESIDENT, REQUEST STATUS CHANGE OF AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC TO AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Read the full letter below:

His Excellency
President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Presidential Villa
Aso Rock
Abuja

RE: REQUEST TO CHANGE THE STATUS OF AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC TO AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

1. Ebonyi state Government will forever remain grateful to the Federal Government for immortalizing His Excellency, Late Dr. Akanu lbiam who was the Governor of the Old Eastern States by naming a Federal Polytechnic after him.

2. Mr. President is invited to note that the world is fast moving to the era of full technology automation. It is in the light of this knowledge that I seek the kind approval of Mr. President to approve that the Polytechnic be converted to Federal University of Science and Technology

3. This conversion will enable the Institution to focus on modern science and technology courses and research to drive our modern day needs in South East and Nigeria.

4. PRAYER:

That Mr. President do kindly approve:

a. That the Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic in Ebonyi State be converted to Akanu lbiam Federal University of Science and Technology.

b. That Mr. President do kindly direct the Hon. Minister of Education to effect this conversion.

Please, accept as always, the assurances of my highest regards.

Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE, CON
Governor, Ebonyi State
14-03- 2023
Good move
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
fergie001:
Dave Umahi will never be forgotten in a hurry.

👍
I tell you bro.. one of South East best ever Governors

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Truthdeypain: 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
factcheckmmm:
One thing about this man is that the Igbos should be grateful to this type

No matter the condition they seek to improve the welfare of their state

Unlike that their professor......

Ogun begins to destroy your poverty infested bloodline the moment you begin to imagine you can dictate for us whom and whom not to hold in our good books.

I guess you would also add Chimaraoke and Orji uzor kalu to your list ba, after all your cheap ass propaganda and clever by half gaslighting, ya'll still treat dem like dogs..[Ogbonnaya Onu, Umahi, Ngige, Okorocha, etc..] You can keep patronizing your pale, you succeed in fooling him alone.

Worthless algae gulping racist!
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by madubaymi: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ebubu2:

alex ekwueme federal university ebonyi state
dave umahi federal college of medicine ebonyi state
akanu ibiam federal university of science and technology ebonyi state

Ebonyi is not playing with education

He still plans to establish lay the foundation stone for two new universities; University of Aeronautical Engineering, Ezza and University of ICT, Science and Technology, Ikwo. Pray he performs these feats in the senate.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/umahi-set-to-establish-two-more-universities-in-ebonyi/

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Truthdeypain: 1:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
LegendHero:
Nice. One of the best performing governor in Nigeria.

He should make sure he got succession plan so that another party won’t just come in to destroy his 8 years of hard work and legacy.

Because you can build for 100 years and one person can just come in and destroy all what you did in just 1 year.

Ebonyi no be Lagos. The people will determine who will continue to be in power. He has no claim to anything beyond his mandate which is soon completed.

Ebonyi is nobodys little fiefdom, it's a state and will be treated as such, the people will determine who will be their next Governor.

Primitive animalistic racist.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Truthdeypain: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
dedonfranco:

He is the best Governor because he sucks the balls of your Bubu and changes the diapers of your Lagos landlord. He is only good enough to suck the ancient balls of your druggod, but not good enough to be presido. Dey play.

You all appreciate slaves where you come from and venerate them to the high heavens. Where I come from a slave is viewed as a disgrace and a shame, we don't celebrate cowards and dick suckers. Umahi is not Obis mate in any ramification. Non the less he is an excellent Governor.

Keep your racist opinion about the SE to your fellow racists and don't be poking your nose in our affairs. Only a fool would ever think you yorubas would see anything good in Igbo land and wish us well. Na who no sabi una fit fall for that kind *hang d niggar* trick.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Truthdeypain: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
arewaboy01:
Better option from East with way better antecedents than that dullard Obi

Remind me your Father's name again. I want to check something.
Re: Dave Umahi Seeks Buhari Approval For University Of Science & Technology by Truthdeypain: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
searchlight:
Nice one. You know this why didn't you make him your presidential candidate?

Don't mind d racist. Everything about them is like words and opposite. They can't even be smart with their fake love sef. Very unsmart racists. grin grin

"IGBO can never be president" this is the answer to your question by the way. You are very welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn / South-East Governors Meet Over 2015 / End Of Boko Haram Will Come Sooner Than Later - VP Osinbajo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.