Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! (1530 Views)

Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Relocating From Lagos To Ilesha, Please I Need Advices From People Based There. / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by bukhety(f): 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
EDUECO:
The brain power can still work even without university education.

Those business ideas are not exclusive to just university environment.

Those graduate struggling are not utilizing their potential to the fullest.

Why should a right thinking graduate be working as a teacher (with a pay of around N40,000) rather than going for menial job that can fetch around N150,000 to N300,000 per month?
That was why i said uni edu na scam. Why waste time and resources when you will end up doing the very menial jobs that doesnt need uni edu. Only the well connected and rich are enjoying the thing!
Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by EDUECO(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
bukhety:

That was why i said uni edu na scam. Why waste time and resources when you will end up doing the very menial jobs that doesnt need uni edu. Only the well connected and rich are enjoying the thing!
To some,it is a scam while to others it is not. It is like the scenario where the glass is half full and half empty.
Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by Kenn55: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Karikapapaya:
Please 🥺 I need advice. Since I graduated from University of Benin in 2011, I have not had a good job. I also have a Masters degree from same Uni. I reside in Warri in Delta State. I also own a diploma in theology, that means have been to bible school. Have been teaching in different private schools since 2011. Am 34 now will be 35 in few months time. Lots of people are putting pressure on me to get married but I am scared I can't sustain a family with my meagre private school teacher's salary. Am considering relocating to Abuja to see if I could get a better life with my credentials. I don't know how life really is over there? If I could get a better job? even if it's a good private school that pays well. What's the cost of accommodation? Am just trying to take a leap of faith. Though it seems late, but better late than never. I just feel a change in environment would be better because help is not forth coming from anywhere. I could also work as a pastor in a church if I can get accommodation. Someone please help me I need counsel. Thank you in anticipation 🙏. I have been thinking 🤔 too much lately. Seems like am running out of time cos most of my mates are already married and settled. Help a brother. Am Esan by tribe but born and brought up in Warri. Am like a burden to my aged parents right now because I still live with them and feed from them. I have savings of up to 150k. Keep the advice coming please. Should I just rent a small house in Warri and be managing things or I should relocate to Abuja ? Or even Lagos? I know I am brilliant because I graduated with a second class upper grade with a 4. Point CGPA in biochemistry. I can speak fluently and can defend my certificate but have not been really lucky with jobs. Have spent t fare attending different interviews in Lagos in the past I had to give up and stop coupled with he fact that the age factor isn't on my side anymore.

I wanted to mind my business since I don't have answers to your question but I feel I should draw your attention to something little but significant especially since you are looking for a better job.

From your post, you are using "Am" instead of "I'm ". For someone that has a Master's degree, this could put off a potential employer and portray you in the category of half baked graduates.

Please be mindful of this, try not to make this mistake again. When there is a competition for a job, everything matters including how you write because you could be tested in different ways.
I hope you see this as a correction for your own good and not an insult. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by Gerrard59(m): 5:44am On Mar 17, 2023
onihaxy:

From the beginning of my post, you can see where I asked how?, where and when? Isn't it. That should answer your first paragraph.

For the second paragraph. Please post links to LinkedIn post or university publication of the schools that pays for flight of students.

Commonwealth, MEXT and Rotary International are examples of organisations that sponsor the flights (to and fro) of successful candidates. See why Tensa20 said you should research? You already stated it was a lie, that is my issue. Because you don't know it does not mean it does not exist.

I myself schooled abroad, US to be precised so I know about funding, GA, on campus jobs, RA and the likes which I am not disputing. The fact I am disputing is university paying for your flight. Please post links and proofs.

The university will also pay for entrance exams like GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL and the likes right?,
The university will also pay for WES or any other credentials evaluation right?
The university will also pay for SEVIS or any other body in the proposed country for him right?

The United States is not the only country that offers scholarships/funding to international students. Also, those applications you listed are not mandatory or even required by these organisations or universities.

That reminds me too, the university will also pay for his visa application fees, police certificate (if required) and also lodge him in 5 star hotel too shey?

Why should a graduate applicant lodge in a five star hotel during the application process? What happened to staying in a friend's house? Again, those scholarships don't require successful candidates to pay visa fees. The process is entirely free..

The university will even do shoppings for him before boarding his free flight too I guess.

The university will even pay his passport fees at Nigeria immigration service as well.

This is where his friends, well-wishers and people he knows come in. I already stated this to him. People who have faced way worse financially went through the same process and succeeded. I know two, and one is a Nairalander. In fact, he found it very difficult to travel to Abuja. Today, he is in Tokyo and did not pay a kobo as visa fee or flight ticket.

Uncle. I am a realist and do not live in fantasy island. 150k naira savings (about $200 ) WILL NOT DO ANY SHIT in international admission. That's even tier 2 schools application fees alone in the US

Yeah, you don't live in fantasy land, but you expect a graduate student to lodge in a 5-star hotel, utilise all his savings rather than asking well-wishers and buy every clothing before relocation. It is not everything an aspiring student buys before travelling, but you the numero-uno realist on Nairaland, expect such to be possible. Again, without sounding like a broken record, the United States is not the only country that offers sponsorship to brilliant international students.

It is OP's responsibility to do his search and ask his network. There must be someone he knows who has gone the same process. I have such people and asked them. Today, others are asking me, and I walk them through the process.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by Gerrard59(m): 5:57am On Mar 17, 2023
kerny:

Good day Gerrard,
I plan on leaving the country on a work visa. I already have my Masters degree from a university here in Nigeria and a couple of work experiences here and there.After a much needed soul search, I wouldn’t want to go back to school plus I’m at an age where I need to support my parents financially and wouldn’t want to but the burden of a Phd funding on them.

PhDs are funded globally. Any school or course program that says students should fund their PhDs should be disregarded. You could aim at Japan as most Japanese students are not interested in a PhD. In fact, the universities are literally begging them to enrol in PhDs because almost all PhD students/graduates are foreigners. Foreigners run the labs. Like mine sef, na only two foreigners go remain once the present set graduate. I have asked others and checked their labs, ALL PhD students are foreigners. This means, there exist opportunities for foreigners, regardless of nationality, to become admitted into a PhD program.

Now, it is your duty to search for those opportunities.

I recently made the decision to travel about a week and most of the work visa agencies I have come across haven’t seem authentic enough.
My question is: Do you know any legitimate work visa packages(I’m not country specific) or agencies that run such packages? Thank you.

Ab initio, I have always been against using agents for anything travel. There is nothing an agent does that you cannot do. The same Google an agent uses is what you can use. If not for CBN rules, I would have booked my ticket on my own rather than using an agent who stubbornly booked Lagos as my departing point rather than Abuja. I don't like using agents as it makes me look lazy since the information is online and free.

Looking for a job is a job on its own. What do you do? You research about job sites in the preferred countries you want to relocate to. You research about the possible work visas available to employers to recruit foreign workers. You build on your LinkedIn profile and contact recruiters (companies pay them. You don't have to pay) in your preferred countries. Ultimately, your skills matter enough for a foreign company to recruit someone from sub-Saharan Africa and pay for your arrival into the country.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by akwesenana: 6:21am On Apr 29, 2023
Fvck MEXT with a Uniuyo condom. angry
Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by Sisib15: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2023
If he's earning 150k as a salary which is consistent, it will go a long way in achieving his dreams to study abroad and also there are scholarships that pays for one's ticket and all
onihaxy:

From the beginning of my post, you can see where I asked how?, where and when? Isn't it. That should answer your first paragraph.

For the second paragraph. Please post links to LinkedIn post or university publication of the schools that pays for flight of students.

I myself schooled abroad, US to be precised so I know about funding, GA, on campus jobs, RA and the likes which I am not disputing. The fact I am disputing is university paying for your flight. Please post links and proofs.

The university will also pay for entrance exams like GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL and the likes right?,
The university will also pay for WES or any other credentials evaluation right?
The university will also pay for SEVIS or any other body in the proposed country for him right?

That reminds me too, the university will also pay for his visa application fees, police certificate (if required) and also lodge him in 5 star hotel too shey?.

The university will even do shoppings for him before boarding his free flight too I guess.

The university will even pay his passport fees at Nigeria immigration service as well.

Uncle. I am a realist and do not live in fantasy island. 150k naira savings (about $200 ) WILL NOT DO ANY SHIT in international admission. That's even tier 2 schools application fees alone in the US
Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by PerfectStranger(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
onihaxy:

Covers everything including flights, application fees, credential evaluation fees, entrance exam fees and the like?.

Please provide links, I will like to read more.

Even Almighty Harvard, YALE, OXFORD, MIT, boot which are the top richest university in the WORLD never offer such luxury.

Please post links to this schools and share LinkedIn posts of people who got FREE FLIGHT from the school. I will like to read
Sup bro, I'm an HND holder(mass communication). I intend to travel out using study route. Is there any programme or scholarship for a polytechnic holder like me?

Please I NEED Y'ALL INTAKE, THANKS.
Re: Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! by keystone123(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2023
Karikapapaya:
Please 🥺 I need advice. Since I graduated from University of Benin in 2011, I have not had a good job. I also have a Masters degree from same Uni. I reside in Warri in Delta State. I also own a diploma in theology, that means have been to bible school. Have been teaching in different private schools since 2011. Am 34 now will be 35 in few months time. Lots of people are putting pressure on me to get married but I am scared I can't sustain a family with my meagre private school teacher's salary. Am considering relocating to Abuja to see if I could get a better life with my credentials. I don't know how life really is over there? If I could get a better job? even if it's a good private school that pays well. What's the cost of accommodation? Am just trying to take a leap of faith. Though it seems late, but better late than never. I just feel a change in environment would be better because help is not forth coming from anywhere. I could also work as a pastor in a church if I can get accommodation. Someone please help me I need counsel. Thank you in anticipation 🙏. I have been thinking 🤔 too much lately. Seems like am running out of time cos most of my mates are already married and settled. Help a brother. Am Esan by tribe but born and brought up in Warri. Am like a burden to my aged parents right now because I still live with them and feed from them. I have savings of up to 150k. Keep the advice coming please. Should I just rent a small house in Warri and be managing things or I should relocate to Abuja ? Or even Lagos? I know I am brilliant because I graduated with a second class upper grade with a 4. Point CGPA in biochemistry. I can speak fluently and can defend my certificate but have not been really lucky with jobs. Have spent t fare attending different interviews in Lagos in the past I had to give up and stop coupled with he fact that the age factor isn't on my side anymore.

Well, there is goodnews to you if you are still following. You dont need to travel to another state or abuja. You can stay where you are get yourself a certified teacher that is there is a body to certified teachers a registered teacher in Nigeria. After you have done that yiu can use it including your Bsc to apply for united kingdom teaching job. They are taking Nigerians who have Bsc and a registered Nigeria teachers. Search for employer in uk that needed foreign teacher. If you get it , you will be fully sponsor to uk on teacher program.

Another option, try other country like china, south korea, thailand and vietnam they are always looking for english teacher and yiu will be sponsored.

Another option, gather money from friends and family buy a very good car like corolla, hyundai product because they safe fuel. Register the car fir uber and bolt, it will take care of you are pay your bills. There is no crime in seeking for help from those you know can help you.

Think through and act.. God will help you.

I hope this help..

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Stadiums For 2010 / Black Backpacker Blog: My Travelling Adventures / Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.