Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (564 Views)

I Am Depressed / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2023
Re: . by Weirdcamila: 10:28am On Mar 15, 2023
Pick yourself up and move . Head to the sky

1 Like

Re: . by xavuv: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2023
Secondchance123:

Sorry my dear. Everyone has their low point in life. This is yours, and im sure you will get out of it, eventually.

Read the piece below at your free time. It will help you.

https://possibilitychange.com/lowest-point-in-life/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BlacKudz: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2023
Self love queen

Start living yourself again, you got a chance to rebuild
Re: . by Vijuchoco(f): 11:22am On Mar 15, 2023
Be hopeful, you're going to be alright.. It might take time but eventually, you will rise again and by then better than you were..
Re: . by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
Just be thankful that he didn't kill you, he instead sent you away and you still have your family back at home.

1 Like

Re: . by Foodqueen(f): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thank God you are back home to your mom.

Are you expecting or have a child with him already.

If there isn't, brace yourself up and start all over again.

I wish my cousin's hubby sent her back like this. She would have still be here.

Your story is like hers, just that she stayed put, and he was a big manipulator.

1 Like

Re: . by Kemadealadire(f): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Resigned from your job You clearly saw the signs, how do you sponsor 80% of your wedding, this is a real red flag.

You have to pick yourself up and keep moving, as long as you are still breathing, there's still hope for a better tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: . by wunmi590(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2023

So sorry about all your ordeal...

But how will you resign and also use all your savings to marry a jobless man, thinking all will be well after marriage.....

My sister, no need to be depressed, dust your cv up, move around and God will give you another job....

You should even be happy you have a better family you fell back on....

Some men are just beast in human clothing....
Re: . by Princessdainty(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
Secondchance123:
This is my true life story
I had a job, a place to live comfortably, take care of myself, a responsible young lady, I was focus on my job, had savings, then i met a guy, courted, got engaged, planned my wedding, because he was not so financially ok, i used 80% of my savings during the cost of the wedding, resigned from my job, relocated to another state to start a new life, got to my new home and discover my husband has an anger issues, notin I do was good enough, gets angry and beat me up, throw things at me, still communicated with his ex, I tried looking for a job I didn't get, it got worst that he broke my fone and destroyed my things in anger, 3months later he told me he's not interested in the marriage anymore, he called my family and his that he wants me to leave else he will do something to me his going to regret, one day he came home, transfered my tp to me and told me I had 24hrs to leave, he helped me packed my things the next morning, went and get a cab, carried my load to the park, I thought it was a joke until I found myself in Lagos, am back at my mum's place, I have cried, asked God what I did wrong, where I went wrong, I feel I just threw away my life for nothing. I have notin to live for again, no job, no home, no money, I feel so used and abandoned, please I need help, advice, whatever will help me out of this situation, cause I just wanna sleep and not wakeup, its been toughest couple of days in my life. What do I do with myself now No friends no one understands what am going through..
no be only courted. How many years una court before you carry all your money to go do housegirl work.

Anyways

Na mumu dey marry.
Na ultimate mumu dey marry black man.
Na foolish mumu dey marry Nigerian man

A gender with absentee father and abusive childhood.
Y'all Continue to entrap yourselves in the name of marriage(housegirl).

Nobody is coming to save you.

1 Like

Re: . by Mindlog: 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
I am imagining what is going through your mind.

I will encourage you to engage in self-compassion exercises because you first need to be forgiving to yourself and these exercises would really help you.

Go to Youtube and search for videos on self-compassion exercises.

Wishing you healing.

1 Like

Re: . by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Secondchance123:
■ am back at my mum's place, I have cried, asked God what I did wrong, where I went wrong,
■ I feel I just threw away my life for nothing. I have notin to live for again, no job, no home, no money, I feel so used and abandoned, please I need help, advice, whatever will help me out of this situation, cause I just wanna sleep and not wakeup, its been toughest couple of days in my life. What do I do with myself now
■ No friends no one understands what am going through..
1. God is not in the business of punishing people at all. He told you this almost 2000 years ago when Jesus Christ made clear that judgment will not happen at all until after He returns and judges the goats and sheep in His Kingdom. So none of what you endured in marriage to your ex is a result of sins or any of that. The man simply did what he did to you. You married a wicked man who saw you as a punching bag. That is all. undecided

2. You are at your mother's place. Do you have a child from the marriage to worry about? You can keep looking for a job and maybe keep reading and updating your skillset while you wait to find a job. You can even take on a hobby like sack gardening to help rather than sit back idle, moping as you wait. You can go out and mingle only this time, you aren't as naive as you previously were which is a good thing. undecided

3. You can make new friends and stop worrying about whether people understand you or not. Focus your energy and strength on doing you. The world remains your oyster even though you may not see it in your current state. undecided

1 Like

Re: . by MikeMicheal(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kii yourself and run away.
Re: . by oldienavie: 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
How old are you ?
There are always 2 sides to a story, can you tell us the other side ?
Re: . by Mindlog: 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
oldienavie:
How old are you ?
There are always 2 sides to a story, can you tell us the other side ?

How can a person tell her story and also tell the other person's story?🙄🙄

So if you are a marriage therapist and a man comes for therapy, you would insist he brings his wife?
Re: . by sisisioge: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thank God you came out alive, others in abusive marriages mostly dont come out almost as right as you did. Oshinachi dey grace, many of her sisters in endurance are there with her. Some even were maimed for life and living unlike the Living....you are one of the lucky ones.

Anyways, now that you're back at home, try to first work on your mental health to the point where you see what happened as an unfortunate phase in your life. Then work really hard at getting a job.... I honestly dont ever believe people cant find jobs in Lagos. Worse, take a job a step down your normal pay grade to get started and gently move up. All will be well as soon as you make conscious efforts to get back on track.

By the way, I hope you've learnt not to marry yourself next time you get in the marriage wagon. When you marry down as a woman, it usually never ends well. Pele.
Re: . by JeffreyJunior: 2:00am On Mar 16, 2023
You did the right thing by going back to your mama house.

There's no shame in being alive which is exactly what you are doing.

You will be having ups and downs now but sooner than you think, you'll remember this day and smile.

Sometimes a bad partner help in accelerating our path to happiness and fulfillment without knowing it. smiley

Shalom.
Re: . by frozen70(f): 3:16am On Mar 16, 2023
Secondchance123:
This is my true life story
I had a job, a place to live comfortably, take care of myself, a responsible young lady, I was focus on my job, had savings, then i met a guy, courted, got engaged, planned my wedding, because he was not so financially ok, i used 80% of my savings during the cost of the wedding, resigned from my job, relocated to another state to start a new life, got to my new home and discover my husband has an anger issues, notin I do was good enough, gets angry and beat me up, throw things at me, still communicated with his ex, I tried looking for a job I didn't get, it got worst that he broke my fone and destroyed my things in anger, 3months later he told me he's not interested in the marriage anymore, he called my family and his that he wants me to leave else he will do something to me his going to regret, one day he came home, transfered my tp to me and told me I had 24hrs to leave, he helped me packed my things the next morning, went and get a cab, carried my load to the park, I thought it was a joke until I found myself in Lagos, am back at my mum's place, I have cried, asked God what I did wrong, where I went wrong, I feel I just threw away my life for nothing. I have notin to live for again, no job, no home, no money, I feel so used and abandoned, please I need help, advice, whatever will help me out of this situation, cause I just wanna sleep and not wakeup, its been toughest couple of days in my life. What do I do with myself now No friends no one understands what am going through..

Just be calm, your situation is not the worst
What if you already have children and he chased you out with them all

You will bounce back but you have to pass through this trying times with faith and hope in God

Be grateful he asked you to move out instead of your family bringing out your corpse

Just gather yourself together

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Every Woman Is An Altar / Check out this wardrobe other household items / Marriage: Should He Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.