Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Tired Of Applying And Applying, Yet Nothing Is Coming Out Positively - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tired Of Applying And Applying, Yet Nothing Is Coming Out Positively (325 Views)

INEC Recruitment Of Election Staff: What You Should Know Before Applying / More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years / Does Applying With A Master In The Nigeria Army Give One A Better Rank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tired Of Applying And Applying, Yet Nothing Is Coming Out Positively by Desammyst(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Good day, everyone. I don't know whether to call this lamentation or what.

Since I graduated and came back from service in 2020, I have been applying for work both offline and online, but nothing tangible thus far. I am so weak.

During my service year, I became interested in IT. After careful thought, weighing the pros and cons, I decided to settle down and learn Data Science. I wasn't consistent in it, large because I was a lone-learner.

I did more technical projects on data analytics primarily. Then I learnt about having a personal website to showcase my works, as soon as I did it, I arranged my resùme and started the job hunting "officially".

Days went to months, months went to years, and all my efforts to land a job became futile. I networked with few people who really assisted in letting me about job opportunities and all that.

After awhile, I avoided anything having to do with jobsearching and decided to create a YouTube channel where I can teach Data Analytics using projects. I really thank God, the channel is coming up, though I haven't gotten to a stage it can be monetized.

Some weeks back, I thought of resuming the jobsearch again, and this time, I asked someone who is already working as a Software Engineer to help me with his resùme so I can use to tailor mine(I thought maybe the "packaging" of my resùme is what has contributed largely to the negative outcomes thus far. The person even sent me a job opening that is really urgent, but honestly, I am afraid. Yes, it may be hard to admit but I am within me.

After all these years of applying, and all I get is rejection emails. There is no kind of application I haven't done; is it remote work? I have applied for it. Is it offline? I have applied for it. Or is it even both offline and remote together? I have applied for it.

Please, any tech person in the house particularly Data professionals, how were you able to get a tangible job in the career?

Because honestly, I am exhausted in applying for one, but I know I need one badly. I am thinking of focusing fully on my channel, but I feel it becomes more advantageous when I'm a career professional in the field.

Please, any advice for me... Thank you in advance.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Tired Of Applying And Applying, Yet Nothing Is Coming Out Positively by vastolord4(m): 7:52am On Mar 16, 2023
Have a classmate, we served together and it's been over 13 years.. no job, went to dubai but the agent lied to him, 4years, 6years, 8 years. Omo frustration and depression set in. Our friends were either landing jobs, getting married or travelling out but life was playing a fast one on him. He later channelled his frustration and anger to something by smuggled himself literally out to Spain and then Canada.. I'm technically his agent now.. he buys houses like pure water every 2 years..

You must not get a white scholar job, just learn a skill or apply for jobs online from your home.. you might just hit the jackpot. I didn't say stop trying on your search but look and think k outside the box.. businesses are suffering now and to start a biz now is a problem and might develop a heart ache in this country.
Re: Tired Of Applying And Applying, Yet Nothing Is Coming Out Positively by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:11am On Mar 16, 2023
vastolord4:
Have a classmate, we served together and it's been over 13 years.. no job, went to dubai but the agent lied to him, 4years, 6years, 8 years. Omo frustration and depression set in. Our friends were either landing jobs, getting married or travelling out but life was playing a fast one on him. He later channelled his frustration and anger to something by smuggled himself literally out to Spain and then Canada.. I'm technically his agent now.. he buys houses like pure water every 2 years..

You must not get a white scholar job, just learn a skill or apply for jobs online from your home.. you might just hit the jackpot. I didn't say stop trying on your search but look and think k outside the box.. businesses are suffering now and to start a biz now is a problem and might develop a heart ache in this country.
But your story about your friend and this your advice have no correlation

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need / Internship Opportunity With Our Tech Company / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.