Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions (66704 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by ManirBK: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2023
dappydozzy:

No suffering there, it is just regulatory compliance, a merchant POS is different from an agent POS, they should not perform same function.
need to know the differences pls bro
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by ManirBK: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2023
Boyooosa:

Honestly, too ambiguous and uncalled for...most especially in this kind of economy where as a teacher, u also need to be a tailor and must be selling chinchin in front of your house to meet up with daily survival and life expectancy....multiple strings.

I think what the law means there is, if as a merchant, you apply and collect pos terminal from your bank for the purpose of trading, receiving payment of sales from your customers, you shouldn't use same terminal for withdrawal and deposit business just like an accredited agent would do....

I think that's a better explanation.
if that should be the case I think accredited Agents are our main problem because they are the ones charging us High?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Boyooosa(m): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2023
ManirBK:
if that should be the case I think accredited Agents are our main problem because they are the ones charging us High?

Yeah, they are
They charge wickedly also.

Ordinarily, before this cash crunch, it's a cheat for you to be using merchant's for POS business, because the banks will be shortchanged. They don't charge on the merchant's while they share charges with agents on dedicated terminals
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by PecE2Make: 10:13am On Mar 16, 2023
In my LGA, There is no bank
What are we going to do?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by winner37(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2023
I was never too cool with this POS of a thing...On my street POS has become every house business which is not supposed to be so , the more we eulogized the POS the more we are demolishing of banking system..
It very crazy when automatic teller machine is not loaded with money but POS operator are depending like mad ..
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by IMASTEX: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
What they're saying is that particular POS terminals meant for selling of goods like the ones in supermarkets will no longer be used to withdraw or send money. They will be used only for payment of goods.
That is what it was originally meant for hence the name Point of Sales (POS). However, due to the gross failure of the banking industries to widely spread especially into the interiors by creating more cash centres, easy & reliable alternative means of banking. And the ever failing government attention towards mass/quality education. This has marred every other plans setup by the CBN.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Solsix(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2023
Rupertek:

The agents they actually mean is these Opay, Palmpay and so on. They are agents and not banks.
The CBN is saying they will stop bekng used for POS transactions.
You are confusing me. Palmpay and opay were all licenced by CBN to do what they are doing. Pls can u explain more.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Chinedumsimpero(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2023
Chetas81:
the effective will soon start 🐎✍️
okay no news paper carried it
Even on their tweets
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Ayomivic(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2023
domack99:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/cbn-bars-agents-from-using-pos-terminals-for-transactions/

With this #20,000,#10000 daily withdrawer, he thinks ,the services of pos is not needed again.

Did he know the numbers of Nigerians that are earnings their standard of living with this pos?

Did government have another Job to give them a must this naira redesign policy of him.

Did he think ,the banks that are singing no cash can accommodate all the Nigerians that needs cash if the POS is not help including those in rural areas.?

What measure did Emefele as CBN governor provided for these pos agents to get get cash to run their business?.

Did Emefele thought #20000,#10000 the banks are given to people is enough to run pos business for the person that have family?

How much did Emefele think the pos agents would get on #20,000 if the pos agent should follow the normal charges agreed with pos agents?

What new charge did Emefele announce to be the new charges for pos Agents since the beginning of this Naira redesign policy? If non , that means Emefele was just hate POS agens without good reason.. or Emefele did not count them to be .

Those filling stations and other people that are selling Money to pos operators for 150, 200 per #1000 , what announmen did Emefele made on that? He just thinks he can just ban POS and stop the means of living of millions of Nigerians just like that.

I did not trust or believe this news because I think Emefele or cbn should know how important the pos Agents are at this time than anyone.

If pos charge #3000 per #10,000 must you accept the charges from them if you yourself can spend just #200 transportation fare to go to banks and collect the money you needed at very convince.?

If you did not accept the charges, the pos would have no options than to go to normal charges.

Pos charging exuberant show how hardship people are facing remember no pos was able to get people depositing money like before in order to give back those in bed of cash ,they like it or not they must visit the banks to get cash.

My advise to Emefele or any other concern is that barn of POS Agents would surely had to hardship of the people both of her pos agent that are warning their standard of living from it and those that are using the services of pos. He should better reverse the order
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by TOYNEX(f): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2023
tbobuneo:
Our 9ja with everyday drama, Okay POS in my Village helps some! to get Cash instead of going on a long journey to main town. Why would our leader push us this hard, like they literally don't careπŸ˜” POS business has put food on their table, for families and now you want to make some fellow Nigerians Cry...πŸ€” This is not Fair.
Just rest.
If Emefiele contest for president this week Saturday, he will still get votes, can even win sef. Nigerians are never tired of been pushed, they adjust regularly.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Vatod(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2023
This too will surely end!
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Princewell2012(m): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
This man is stupid, things will change may 29 but that date still long.. last minute Buhari survival
Maybe soldiers will make use of that their ammunition they employed on Saturday, I saw it it is going to be bloody. I wanted to go out on Saturday as usual to vote, but this time I shall viewing it on the television. Am not discouraging anyone but let be very careful the way we exercise our rightful duty on that day.

Enough said.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by DaveHarry(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2023
Is the configuration setting for "merchant" POS and "agency banking" POS different?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by BJanta: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2023
Beremx:
Emefiele kukuma kee us o!! This devil and his policies want Nigerians to start a revolution. What manner of wickedness is this abeg?

ENDSARS 2.0 loading....
😑😑😑😑😑😑

#ENDEMEFIELE/ENDCBN ,Bro.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Chetas81(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2023
Chinedumsimpero:
okay no news paper carried it
Even on their tweets
you mean the copy and paste news papers
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Germanjoe(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
ManirBK:
need to know the differences pls bro
POS as mini Bank has a maximum amount to pay each day while merchants pos has higher amount to withdraw or pay.those who stashed this money while be using merchants pos to send n receive cash cos if u go to the bank to deposit with the humongous sum.u must generate rrr to pay in.so dat u do convert ur merchants pos to agents pos sell cash so u must dispatch it.e.g filling stations,stores.
This morning government filling stations dat sell goods at government prices only collect cash claims that dey do have pos machines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Germanjoe(m): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
DaveHarry:
Is the configuration setting for "merchant" POS and "agency banking" POS different?
Yes now,
Merchants can transfer or send up to 5m per while agency banking can pay only 5h per pay.
Any agent dat received over 1m per day can be easily tracked.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by jamesbridget13(f): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oga Emiefele, what should agents use?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by fkj950ax(m): 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2023
iHart:
They introduced cashless policy and banking halls became empty. Bank apps became sluggish and people switched to POS to make and recieve payments. Nobody is going to the banks for transactions. Banks are threatened, now they want to fight POS

POS isn’t being used majorly for payment.
Nigerians are using it to withdraw cash.
It’s become a bullion van and ATM service together.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Onitola2: 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Annahh(f): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
What they're saying is that particular POS terminals meant for selling of goods like the ones in supermarkets will no longer be used to withdraw or send money. They will be used only for payment of goods.
Exactly.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Dumte(m): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
Una never see anything. Shebi una get mine vote for Tinubu.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Femich18(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
Habeyy:

In lay man's term

Big super stores, filling stations,mini financial agents that have "merchant" pos strictly for payment of services wiill be barred from using it as a means of retailing cash (withdrawal/deposit) to the masses..
Thanks
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by gScales(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
At least let them remain banned for now till things settle........

Stupid yahoo yahoo pos operators.........
Ntorr!!!

Hunger wey go strike you ehnnn,e still dey do Press up smiley

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
freemi:
I think it for bank agents. It doesn't affect opay, palmpay etc

I see
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Stkutsu(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oga na rubbish u dey talk...no let people catch you for street oh emefailure emefaliure emefaliure how many times I call you
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
blowjohn:

So do they use the POS in supermarkets to give people cash

So you don't know ..... Despite the cctv mounted at strategic location the supermarket attendant operate coded POS business.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by blowjohn(m): 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
Pwhitelaw:
So you don't know ..... Despite the cctv mounted at strategic location the supermarket attendant operate coded POS business.

E no dey pass like 2k or 3k.

Don't forget they have to balance accounts at the end of the day or week
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
blowjohn:

E no dey pass like 2k or 3k.

Don't forget they have to balance accounts at the end of the day or week
The 2k and 3k is what we are talking about bro πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by blowjohn(m): 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
Pwhitelaw:
The 2k and 3k is what we are talking about bro πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Lol na 3k dey affect emefelie
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:33am On Mar 18, 2023
blowjohn:

Lol na 3k dey affect emefelie
....Dey play ...
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Onowu33: 10:48pm On May 03, 2023
Pityoobi:
Emefiele will go to jail for all these nonsense.

This man has been perfecting the manipulation of our electoral system through satanic monetary policies to frustrate electorate and force mass revolution to hijack our democracy.

Emefiele is number one enemy of our democracy. It’s obvious he’s scheming hard for a kind of political outcome by stiffening the financial sector with draconian policies in the eves of our elections to create artificial suffering for the masses.

Today banks are struggling to survive, deposits are longer coming in and the masses now have total distrust for the banks. Many banks are at the verge of inevitable collapse without customers deposits, how do they survive.
your late father must be useless to think he will ever rule Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan / List Of 47 Microfinance Banks Licences Revoked By CBN / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.