Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday (1381 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 16, 2023
So I saw a post today on someone's whatsapp status and it just sparked on some good old memories.

I remember back then(the good old days), how so much of an expert I was in washing and setting "a lantern globe".😊. damn! How time flies you know!...

Back then, rechargeable light wasn't as common as it is today and nepa has always been unreliable from way back in the days so knowing how to always wash your lantern globe, set your lantern wick, remove the cluttered smoke inside the top of the lantern, would always come in handy... The good old days(sighs😊)!

Anyways, how many of you knows how to wash and set your lantern back in the days?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 16, 2023
Indomie generation will not understand the nostalgia feeling that comes with the sight of a lantern...

Meanwhile anyone that has that "edet lives in calabar book" that we read back then in the days, please Holla me. I would like to buy it..

See the picture samples below.. The book has those stories.. It has "Nene's Wedding" too...

Please even if you don't have it but know where I can buy it(location is not an issue), please still Holla me...

Kai! Back then wey 30naira go feed you well for break time(e don do abeg! Before I cry)...

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by ahnie: 1:36am On Mar 16, 2023
Still in my home till date 2 precisely.i have tried several times to trash it,but olorogun has warned me not to dare.this man sure loves mundane things.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

No single one stained with soot.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 16, 2023
Them good old days😊

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 16, 2023
Back then was fun jare!
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by ahnie: 2:03am On Mar 16, 2023
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 16, 2023
I no wan even come dey talk of how skillful I was back then in driving tires with a stick...

If there was anything like tyres license back then, I for get am like 16 different types, plus multiple awards and recognitions....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.. That was how good I was.. My speed ehn! na fire!! 🤣🤣🤣
Back in the days was fun jare! No formings around your friends, so much innocence!

Honestly ehn, I thank God Almighty for His Grace🙏🏿..

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 16, 2023
ahnie:

Reasons why I didn't quote it.

Done!. I totally get your point.. You can please modify your comment now.

Do you have that "Edet lives in Calabar book" we read back then?
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by sulakishop(m): 2:16am On Mar 16, 2023
Good old days

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Knivesout(m): 2:53am On Mar 16, 2023
That lantern u see eh was more reliable than NEPA back then...

6 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 16, 2023
Knivesout:
That lantern u see eh was more reliable than NEPA back then...
I dey tell you 🤣🤣🤣🤣..
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by superCleanworks(m): 4:27am On Mar 16, 2023
this same topic again
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by MMWandali: 4:49am On Mar 16, 2023
Not only did I Wash it,
I broke some as well

The glass could be very fragile if not handled with care

Required frequent cleaning

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by sageb: 5:13am On Mar 16, 2023
Felixamos:
Indomie generation will not understand the nostalgia feeling that comes with the sight of a lantern...

Meanwhile anyone that has that "edet lives in calabar book" that we read back then in the days, please Holla me. I would like to buy it..

See the picture samples below.. The book has those stories.. It has "Nene's Wedding" too...

Please even if you don't have it but know where I can buy it(location is not an issue), please still Holla me...

Kai! Back then wey 30naira go feed you well for break time(e don do abeg! Before I cry)...

Nostalgia

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by tydi(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2023
Anyone that went to a boarding school could tell of how a good use that latern was to us then . If you are not careful with the glove it will crack or break and you're in for it at reading class that night.most students comes to night class with some parts of their latern gloves chopped off.
Good old days.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Treasure17(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2023
To remove the glass and fix it back can be confusing.
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2023
MMWandali:
Not only did I Wash it,
I broke some as well

The glass could be very fragile if not handled with care

Required frequent cleaning
I did break quite a few too.. Oops!🤭..
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Karlifate: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
Guys that washed this thoroughly without breaking it, can love a girl without breaking her heart.💔❌

cheesy cheesy

🥱
Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by emmancipated(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Once you break this thing. It will look like you are a failure.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
I used to call it eyin shadin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Washed This? - Throwback Thursday by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
emmancipated:
Once you break this thing. It will look like you are a failure.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣... I dey tell you🤧😅...

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Parapo / Igbo Language, Going Goin....soon Gone! / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.