Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days (21353 Views)

UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days / UK Licenses 266 Nigerian Doctors In Two Months / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Moh247: 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
E go soon red
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Raph82(m): 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
iyatrustee:

The Nigerian doctors paid very minimal tuition fees in their university days so they see greener pastures even when the pay isn't very great. The junior doctors here owe at least 100kpounds in student loans by the time they are done with training!

Exactly. I think it is unfair on the system too

I didn't look at it from that angle, thank u for the enlightenment.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Blackdisciple(m): 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hmmmm...!

In Nigeria before you can get that cert ehh, Na world war oo
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Opsylo: 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
if we don't value what we have as a country another country will value them so be it.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Y2ffarms: 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
More people would Japa hearing this news.

Meanwhile price of day old broiler has dropped today. Take advantage of this opportunity.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Sweetvie: 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hmmm
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by fashrola(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
mastermaestro:

Go check the meaning of hypocrisy and come back with a more relevant comment. The hypocrites here are you and those ungrateful doctors running away after receiving an almost tuition-free education.

I thought you folks said nothing is working in Nigeria. How come the UK is stealing our trained medics?

You are just jealous about everything..... Didn't they pay tuition fee? Bought textbooks? Handouts nko?

Or the government handed everything free for them?

I'm still in Nigeria, working in a maritime company and paid more than a million naira per month, I've gone to different countries onboard a ship... I paid my tuition fees without the aid of the FG, So geddefok outta here as if you had the opportunity you ain't gonna do the same.

Let the government treat their citizens right... Pay health workers and teachers good salary

UAE are paying seafarers (Second engineers in Nigeria with DP earns 1.3million per month while in UAE you are paid about 2.3million per month) more than Indigenous maritime companies in Nigeria and lot of my mates are leaving for a more better salary and benefits, so what are you gonna say about this too? Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by jaxxy(m): 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
Wth the way UK is benefiting from the bad situation In Nigeria will they want Nigeria to do well for itself?

Let's hope they will do the right thing.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Uddeze1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
when these doctors attend to our politicians in the UK what do they say to them?
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by crystalmoon(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2023
why is it that UK needs more medical doctors, simple to study medicine there is expensive
so they steal from Nigeria where studying medicine is subsidized by the government
lawmakers should make a law that all medical doctors who study medicine at either federal or state universities must serve for 15 years after that they can relocate to whatever country they like
## daylight robbery
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Confirm4real(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
More to go soon...

Effect of evil leaders.

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by CodeTemplar: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
NUC should sit up. If Nigerians are getting employed in advanced nations, it should be a thing of joy after all there are many bright minds that can study medicine in Nigeria and replace the relocating doctors them to help boost forex inflow back into Nigeria. We just love crying and playing victim when whites are involved.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Chai.
Trained in Nigeria where dozens of people dying due to medical negligence on a daily bases with ratio of over 10 thousand patients per a doctor and practicing in UK where the ratio of 1000 patients is 4doctors with standard hospitals spread all over.
Is the Nigerian health sector ready to cater for the needs of its practitioners? Doctors hve family tht depend on them. Mediocre pay cannot allow them see front here, lack of equipment will still not let them work effectively. You can’t blame them. Even if they were trained in Nigeria, their family members paid with their own blood and sweat to get trained so they can as well go wherever they want to.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by aestake: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
crystalmoon:
why is it that UK needs more medical doctors, simple to study medicine there is expensive
so they steal from Nigeria where studying medicine is subsidized by the government
lawmakers should make a law that all medical doctors who study medicine at either federal or state universities must serve for 15 years after that they can relocate to whatever country they like
## daylight robbery
In the same law, let all politicians and office holders get treatments within Nigeria. Agreed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Taich(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
I went for work medicals in Aberdeen, A very fine Yoruba Doctor attended to me, it was as if I went to General hospital in Nigeria. After the checks, we spoke at length on Politics and the need for things to improve back home. God bless you Dr. N.A

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by lereinter(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
JimohMomoh:
I saw a post on social media recently where youths were saying it's either Peter Obi wins or they japa.

Embassies in Nigeria should prepare for surge in visa application

Lolzzzzz 🤣

Na people wey get good money dey start traveling application
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
crystalmoon:
## daylight robbery
the education they got was it free of charge? Fix your health sector and put in leaders that will stop cutting everybody’s salary first
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by aestake: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
Uddeze1:
when these doctors attend to our politicians in the UK what do they say to them?
They see money. You no see Dr Obinna in the Ekweremmadu's case?
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Regie2bless: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
voiceoftheupcom:

https://punchng.com/uk-licenses-162-nigerian-doctors-in-42-days/
they are taking away our doctors and yet they will say Nigerian education is not good
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by lereinter(m): 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
The brain drain continues and wil be worse with Tinubu administration

How do you know

Instead of saying "will" say "may"
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by clinician2x: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
RichDad1:

If your plan is to get free/discounted education then abandoned the system that made you, you’ll not get it. 📌

Mumu man

Stay and protect the system that gave u free and discounted education.

Protect it with ur empty brains to ur grave.

Capital mumu
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by CodeTemplar: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
fashrola:

You are just jealous about everything..... Didn't they pay tuition fee? Bought textbooks? Handouts nko?

I'm still in Nigeria, working in a maritime company and paid more than a million naira per month, I've gone to different countries onboard a ship... I paid my tuition fees without the aid of the FG, So geddefok outta here as if you had the opportunity you ain't gonna do the same.

Let the government treat their citizens right... Pay health workers and teachers good salary

UAE are paying seafarers (Second engineers in Nigeria with DP earns 1.3million per month while in UAE you are paid about 2.3million per month) more than Indigenous maritime companies in Nigeria and lot of my mates are leaving for a more better salary and benefits, so what are you gonna say about this too? Mtchewww
You are missing the point. Govt subsidizes education in Nigeria and that can be as high as 90% of education cost depending on the institution and department involved. Your school fees you paid, if in a federal school, is very small compared to what went into the funding of your education. It is this hidden or rather silent subsidy Tinubu is planning to repackage as student loan so the govt only loans the student and not subsidize them unconditionally. That way, you can even do yahoo and repay the govt while still in year one.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Adabestseason(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
The needful now is to develop the alternative medicine sector so that all of us can rest.I'm tired of this kind of news
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by CodeTemplar: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Adabestseason:
The needful now is to develop the alternative medicine sector so that all of us can rest.I'm tired of this kind of news
gbogbonise and shekpe?

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by SaLongs1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
If you don't value what you have then others will help themselves to it.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by chrisxxx(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
I witnessed this in Aberdeen. The doctors might be reading this. I saw six Nigerian trained Doctors being inducted by another Nigerian Doctor who I believe made the connection for them to travel to UK. The six Nigerian Doctors just arrived Aberdeen. This was happening just last week. The introduction was happening in an African restaurant there in Aberdeen. They might be reading this. We are in problem because our doctors and others are leaving in droves.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by GardenOfGod(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Reason why their MP was fast to congratulate Tinubu. That country has never meant well for Nigeria. They want us to continue in our dying state, so they continue to take advantage of us. Nonsense!
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Intrepid01(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
After they were trained by the Nigerian system, from primary to secondary to uni to medical school. Now they’ve been taken by another system, that has not invested a dime on them. That’s a huge loss to the Nigerian system. The FG should be demanding training refund from UK Government for every Nigerian trained professional absorbed into their system. It shouldn’t be free of charge.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by gentleedu(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
And my kid brother is one of them..
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Mamayam: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
fashrola:

Tuition fee keh. What you pay is non-tuition. Government pays your Tuition fees.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by fashrola(m): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
Mamayam:

Tuition fee keh. What you pay is non-tuition. Government pays your Tuition fees.

i didn't attend your type of conventional school nah......
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by ekhai(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
MetroLane:
UK have collected almost everything from Nigeria.

Well can't blame them tho, the doctors moved to a place where they don't have to embark on strike before they get paid.

Who go come remain for Naija like this, because me sef I go soon commot.
The doctors in the UK also embark on strike to get what they want. Strike is becoming the order of the day in the UK. Doctors, Nurses, Railway workers and even ambulance drivers. But what you can't take away from Nigeria is Nigerians are intelligent and our Medical schools are superb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Menstrual Cramps Disturbing Me Badly. Please What Can I Use For It? / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: / 325 New COVID-19 Cases, 292 Discharged And 1 Death On August 15 - (3044 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.