Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo (8512 Views)

Oke Umurhohwo Congratulates Sheriff Oborevwori Over His Electoral Win / Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate / Sheriff Oborevwori Kneels, Thanks Okowa After Winning PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by AnonPoet: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2023
By May 29, 2023, the baton of leadership in Delta State will change hands. This is because the current occupier, His Excellency Governor Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa will have exhausted the constitutionally allowed two-term in office as Governor, hence the need for a new occupier of the topmost political seat in the state.

This reality is provoking a salient question on the minds of Deltan– who should take over from Governor Okowa? On the surface, it will appear simple and easy to answer, but a deeper look, especially the implication of a wrong choice, call for deep thinking in arriving at a choice when we cast our ballots on March 18.

Under Governor Okowa, Delta State has seen progress in many sphere of affairs and this gives rise to expectations that whoever will be succeeding him must be up to the task to consolidate and continue the thread of growth and development attained for the state.

And if the experience and impressive standing of the incumbent Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, and now the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Rt Honourable Sheriff Oborevwori, has demonstrated anything, it is that he is uniquely suited to keep up the pace of developments set by the previous administrations and move the state forward.

From 2017 when he was elected as the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly by his colleagues, Oborevwori exuded impressive managerial prowess, bonding lawmakers together to work for the good of the people irrespective of their political difference. For Oborevwori, the people come first, and this was the motivating factor behind his quest to lead Delta State as Governor.

Outside Delta, Oborevwori management acumen is a well established fact, serving as the National Treasurer and now Deputy Chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures in Nigeria. Oborevwori is a good manager of resources, who will ensure that Deltans enjoy the full benefits of whatever accrued to the state coffers.

Even more persuading about his choice is the fact that he will put the interest of every Deltans ahead of his own, which is something hard to say about his challengers for the seat. By every measure, Oborevwori clearly has the experience, knowledge, and zeal needed to maintain and improve the quality of governance that Deltans get. As Governor, Delta state and its people will benefit from Oborevwori’s experience in local, state, and federal affairs.

As a former councillor, Oborevwori has a better grasp of the need of people at the grassroots, and his time in various executive positions adequately equipped him for the task ahead. Equally endearing, is Oborevwori’s legislative experience, which will facilitate a harmonious relationship with the state legislature to deliver good governance for the people of Delta State.

And more is Oborevwori’s friendly posture to young people, which preface that he will run a youth friendly government. In his campaigns across the state, Oborevwori demonstrated strong desire to explore the various talents possessed by young people in Delta state, promising to cultivate their innovative ideas in his mission to take the state to a greater height.

Oborevwori understands the issues facing our state and offers practical solutions that turns them into opportunities that benefit all. Unlike other contestants for the governorship seat, Oborevwori will not be working on assumptions or fantasies that do not address any challenges. He will bring to bear his resourcefulness and grasp of the policies needed to lead the state into desirable growth.

Delta State has made considerable progress over the years and we can not afford to reverse all those gains with unfeasible ideas. By all measures, the candidature of Oborevwori is a choice that promises to build on the policies and legacy of Governor Okowa, and this means that Delta state will continue on the path of progress and development.

As the Speaker of the state legislature, Oborevwori has demonstrated that he has the potential to fulfill not just the expectations of the people, but also a proper sense of the huge demands of the Governor’s office. The fact that Oborevwori listens to differing opinions, and welcomes suggestions augurs well for the task ahead– delivering the Delta of our dream.

It is not just that Oborevwori would make a fine Governor, he would go on to create a future we would all be proud of. This is because Oborevwori has spent a lifetime thinking about how to make things better for everyone and working to make that happen. The same can not be said of most of his challengers to the coveted governorship seat.

If Oborevwori is elected Governor, he will aspire to serve all Deltans; listen to all sides, advance the welfare of all; and equitably spread developments in parts of the state. This will bring about incremental progress and ensure that all citizens, no matter partisan learning or status, have a real sense of governance.

The choice for Delta voters who are concerned about the state’s prospects could not be clearer. Oborevwori’s humble background has prepared him well enough for the task ahead, and more than anyone in the race for the governorship seat, he has a better chance of building the Delta we all wanted. For all Deltans who care about the progress of this state and their children’s future, the right thing to do is to get Delta Sheriffied on March 18.

Hon Oke Umurhohwo writes from Ughelli, Delta State
https://leaders.ng/2023/03/16/2023-let-us-get-delta-sheriffied-by-oke-umurhohwo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Chekwume16(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2023
Okowa has been the worst gov delta state has ever had. He is from my place but I will never encourage anyone to vote for his stooge. The apc man is not a good option too although he has represented his people well in the senate but that shameless stealing of the mace is still fresh in my memory. We don't really know much about the labour party candidate . Delta is really in a difficult situation now.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2023
It is better that delta votes an unknown person/party as against either one of the person's fielded by APC and PDP.

The condition of Delta State after decades of PDP rule is absolutely disgraceful.

The condition of Nigeria after 8 years of APC rule is absolutely shameful.

Fresh people / minds are needed.

19 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by WhizdomXX(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2023
Chekwume16:
Okowa has been the worst gov delta state has ever had. He is from my place but I will never encourage anyone to vote for his stooge. The apc man is not a good option too although he has represented his people well in the senate but that shameless stealing of the mace is still fresh in my memory. We don't really know much about the labour party candidate . Delta is really in a difficult situation now.
Vote Agege, if after 4 years he misbehaves, then we send him out.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by highchief1: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2023
AnonPoet:

https://leaders.ng/2023/03/16/2023-let-us-get-delta-sheriffied-by-oke-umurhohwo/
na rubbish u write so.Okowa and sherif didn’t do well.I’m a member of the pdp and I can tell u that those that are angry with them are more than those that are happy with them.Pdp will face a very tough election in delta I see what played out at the National repeating itself in delta.Just as atiku was busy having problems with everyone so is Okowa busy having problems with everyone too in deltaLabor party helped apc win Nigeria that’s going to replicate in delta on Saturday.Agege will win the elected with the division that Ogboru and labor party will bring.It’s game over for sherif and Okowa They bit the fingers that fed them.Okowa putting up a fight with ibori,manager,tompolo,nwoboshi etc has ruined him.Congratulations to DSP agege.the house of assembly will be rainbow like.Apga will come in from ethiope east,apc will come im from ughelli axis,pdp will come in from delta north,labor may come im from some areas.Okowa destroyed the United delta PDP.

26 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by highchief1: 11:44am On Mar 16, 2023
Chekwume16:
agege will win bro.just as tinubu did agege will win.Apc is lucky with the uprising of LP.

8 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Creamypie(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oga dey talk for his pocket, not for general good of deltans. Who dem born in 1999, don become 24 years, graduate, dey ride keke, still paste for his hire purchase keke, poster of PDP wey dey loot delta since 1999, and his future As we speak, okowa don invite obedient "reps" to government house. They are still there as we speak. I was invited to go from agbor, but I declined. Word wey reach me say na 20k each person dem go give in d next 1hr. Nonsense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by RichDad1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
This loser is looking for ways to recoup his wasted money.

8 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Timmi: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2023

6 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Kingray10: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
I don't see any reason why he should become our governor. After he and his master has put the state in debt.

8 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by tega192(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
I live at osubi where this thief of an idiot sheriff is living , nothing to write home about his okpe people ,most of them very poor , at one of his campaign he when ahead and share 200 to some women that close their store all day , because he made it compulsory ,the other day he started sharing fuel , this man doesn't have anything to offer deltan , an illiterate who graduated from a girls school ,even if he wins Omo agege will fight him in court for forgery , this man is going down

23 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by imseen: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Delta polls will be very tight

2 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by KanwuliaExtra: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Illiterates in power.
Okowa forming 'GOD FATHER' too? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by jamego: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
RINK OSHODI
Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Quest7777: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Freshtruth(m): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
If deltans should vote for omagege I pity them. Sheriff will perfom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Iceiscold: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
Agege will win

6 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Riseup4: 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hon Oke Umurhohwo, am happy you are writing from Ughelli, unfortunately Ughelli falls within the circumference of areas PDP vowed to punish.
As someone from Ughelli, that write-up is not befitting.
PLEASE, FELLOW DELTANS DON'T LISTEN TO HON OKE UMURHOHWO, HE IS WORKING FOR HIS 30K, I WAS WITH HIM AT SHERIFF'S HOUSE IN OSUBI LAST WEEK.
Sheriff has NOT shown any sign that his Government will be better than that of Okowa.
NEVER CAST YOUR VOTES TO OKOWA THIRD TERM AGENDA.

3 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by felixawe(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
Chekwume16:
We don't really know much about the labour party candidate . Delta is really in a difficult situation now.

I'm voting YPP Mr. Colins Ofehe

https://www.facebook.com/SunnyOfehe
Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by bobbybrown007: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
APC will never win delta state

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Angelfrost(m): 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
Okowa is a crook and thief!

Sheriff is nothing but his stooge!

Omo-Agege is a hoodlum and a known rogue!

Delta is clearly in big trouble!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by DivineT: 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Don’t waste your time with this post. People have decided and me as most people will give our vote to Agege.

Enjoy the money you were paid but pdp will be buried come Saturday

10 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Naira20: 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
Someone that ran away from debate?
Even Omo-agege too.

If not for LP's Ken Pela, yesterday's debate would have been cancelled.

I hear the debate continues today by 7pm.

Meanwhile, OBIdients will determine who becomes Delta State governor.
All contestants are Urhobo, I'm told, the the IBO speaking area will vote massively for Ken Pela.

LP top to bottom

11 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by Jostoman: 1:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
WhizdomXX:

Vote Agege, if after 4 years he misbehaves, then we send him out.
they should vote mace stealing senator from killing killing party called apc? You try

6 Likes

Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by DivineT: 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
Jostoman:
they should vote mace stealing senator from killing killing party called apc.
What about pdp?
Or is pdp now saint now?

You don’t seem to have a good memory
Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by DivineT: 1:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Naira20:
Someone that ran away from debate?
I heard he can’t make a complete sentence.

Stark illiterate
Re: Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo by hotseat: 1:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
With a debt burden of over $850m largely due to excessive borrowing, clannish and nepotistic form of governance, wanton selling off of state assets to cronies and outright brigandage, his lackey and Man Friday, Sheriff is a mirror image of Okowa aka OkoWAYO.

The duo connived to loot the State dry and he (Sheriff) would be a "yes man" and Okowa's 3rd term in office by proxy.

Deltans should right the wrongs by voting out Okowa and his lapdog (Sheriff) come March 18.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Might Doubt Buhari's London Pictures...see New Evidence / Uche Erondu Asked FG To Investigate Nnamdi Kanu's Sudden Disappearance / Nigeria, Saudi Arabia Meet To Boost Refineries, Pipelines, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.