Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? (875 Views)

Customs Officer Lynched For Allegedly Shooting Passenger To Death In Katsina / Anas Aremeyaw, Ghanaian Masked Reporter Mistaken For Ritualist, Almost Lynched / Policeman Kills A Man In Imo State,Then Gets Lynched By Mob(Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Spanishmilf(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
After watching and reading the aluu4 boys story
I have fear when im in the market or there are many crowds. Have you survived lynching or witness one? How did that affect you
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by correctguy101(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Early 90s Ajegunle. We saw some really crazy and beastly things.

And during the OPC/AREWA conflict.. smh

Eyes never full plus all the things it has seen since then
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Bigredmachine: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
There was this lady I met on Facebook, so we started dating, she comes to my house several times...

But I never knew where she stays, she never gave me that chance to know where she stays... I wasn't bothered anyway...

So there was a time she called me and said she wanna see me, I told her I am not at home, she insisted she would come and meet me wherever I am, so I honoured her request...

When she came, I took her to a bar, we sat and as I was about to ask her what was the issue, she paused me and asked me to give her my phone to make a call, mumu unsuspecting me, I gave her my phone and she went outside to make the call...

Before going outside she left on the table a bag and a purse she entered with, me still seeing this her belongings on the table, never suspected she was not going to come back...

After 10 to 15 minutes of waiting and not seeing her, I went out to search for her, but hell no she has vanished into thin air with my phone ...

I quickly rushed back to the bar, opened the bag and purse she left on the table, only for me to see garbage and rubbish inside... (Then it dawned on me that I have been fooled)...

Fast forward to 57 days after, ... After mapping out rigoros plans on how to catch her, using a neutral friend from her Facebook page ... I caught her and she was given the beaten of her life before my very eyes...

I never imagined a girl of about 19 years old will be beaten the way that girl was beaten, infact people had to beg me to tell the guys around to stop beating her before she dies and everything will be blamed on me...

During this whole planning of how to catch her, I had visited three police station... Telling them how the girl stole my phone and am planning on arresting her and bringing her to the station where I can legally lay charges on her, and then she would pay for damages...

But hell no, all these police station plans never materialize cos the crowd alone that gathered that day was so enormous... Someone even told me that if even the police come to that scene they would not carry that girl away Except they shot someone...

This is the only scenario where someone would have been lynched in my presence...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by illicit(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
When I was an undergraduate....

I went to smoke beside a river inside one sec sch premises on a weekend.
I didn't know that smokers have been warned to keep off the premises by the community

I was the only smoker around that day

One Alfa approached me and asked me to leave, I didn't oblige

I saw him making a call, I didn't shake.
He stood near me but I didn't hear what he was saying

I didn't know that he was organising a mob to come and move me

When I was done smoking and wanted to take my leave, I saw a huge crowd coming towards us

It was too late to run, but I jejely ate the remaining weed with me and threw my lighter away into the river...

When they got near, they asked me what did I threw away, I said stone
The Alfa said I was lying that I was smoking there, I said I wasn't smoking.

They grabbed my shirt, they took me into their community and detained me for about 4 hours, the smoke clear for my eyes

They asked me my identity, I told them I was a student but I wasn't with my ID CARD

They asked me to call four people to prove my identity

I had to call my mum, my HOD, my girlfriend and a police friend who eventually came to pick me from there....

It wasn't a good experience but nobody beat me because I proved my identity ad I spoke coherently.

The just roughhandled me a bit....

It happened in Alalubosa community in Ilorin
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Wawelexy(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
Had something similar to the story of second to comment

Was at home when my elder bro called me to join him at 23/24 bar in mushin (was still drinking then). On getting there, I met him and two of his friends I knew and one other one I didn't know, I sat down and was offered my favourite which is Legend beer and a plate of fried sauced meat. My brother introduced to me this his so called childhood secondary school friend that left for Abuja after his JSS education, we were gisting as he was asking me if I knew some names he was mentioning and I affirm not to know them. My brother told me the reason he called me was because this his friend work with MTN mast, they go about the whole 36 states in Nigeria installing mast and he is in Lagos for same, and he's also a top boss, my brother already told him that I'm looking for a better job which he's ready to help (this was during the early lockdown period of Corona virus), my bro then carry his drink and left with his other two friends so we could discuss better. This werey called the waiter to serve us more drinks and meat, asking me lot of questions which I didn't waste time to reply out of excitement cos I heard that mast work is like oil business, all of a sudden, he requested for my infinix phone I bought for 79k as at then, that he needed to make call and his network isn't stable, me not suspecting anything gave him and he dialed the no in my presence and made excuses about the noise at the bar, so he stepped out to continue the call, lo and behold, after sipping the last beer in my cup was when I realised that he has used more than a reasonable time for making a call, I look for my bro and alerted him, he said he saw him when he was coming outside claiming he came to pee in the nearest gutter as the toilet is crowded, since he didn't he didn't know my phone was with him, he continued his own flexing. My people, that was the end of my dream mast job and phone, we searched the whole area but was nowhere to be found....

Fast forward to many months later that same year, I had moved to palmgroove shomolu side, I was trying to buy bread when I saw this person looking like this man also buying some stuffs from traders beside the fueling station at palmgroove bus stop, immediately, I called my bro to meet me at that spot since it's not far from mushin, few minutes later I saw them alighting from like 4 okadas in two(s), at shyllion, I wave to them to cross over, luckily, this man is still waiting for red bus going to ikorodu, it was when my bro and his team arrived with planks and all sort charging towards him that he noticed he wasn't the same man but had a striking resemblance, he immediately cautioned others to free him, the man was already scared in awe as he doesn't know what he did to warrant being charged at... A scene was created immediately, before we narrated the story and everyone ask me to thank my God that we didn't lynch the wrongly accused man. God go punish that man wey obtain my phone by trick that year...
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Exmilitant(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
December 2001 Calabar, i watched helplessly as my friend was lynched and burnt to ashes before my very eyes. cry
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Spanishmilf(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
Exmilitant:
December 2001 Calabar, i watched helplessly as my friend was lynched and burnt to ashes before my very eyes. cry
OMG what happened?? Full story pls
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by brain54(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
illicit:
When I was an undergraduate....

I went to smoke beside a river inside one sec sch premises on a weekend.
I didn't know that smokers have been warned to keep off the premises by the community

I was the only smoker around that day

One Alfa approached me and asked me to leave, I didn't oblige

I saw him making a call, I didn't shake.
He stood near me but I didn't hear what he was saying

I didn't know that he was organising a mob to come and move me

When I was done smoking and wanted to take my leave, I saw a huge crowd coming towards us

It was too late to run, but I jejely ate the remaining weed with me and threw my lighter away into the river...

When they got near, they asked me what did I threw away, I said stone
The Alfa said I was lying that I was smoking there, I said I wasn't smoking.

They grabbed my shirt, they took me into their community and detained me for about 4 hours, the smoke clear for my eyes

They asked me my identity, I told them I was a student but I wasn't with my ID CARD

They asked me to call four people to prove my identity

I had to call my mum, my HOD, my girlfriend and a police friend who eventually came to pick me from there....

It wasn't a good experience but nobody beat me because I proved my identity ad I spoke coherently.

The just roughhandled me a bit....

It happened in Alalubosa community in Ilorin
grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by brain54(m): 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
I have never really shared this story with anyone…

Because I have been too ashamed to talk about it and secondly because it’s a past I really don’t like to remember or talk about for obvious reasons.

So sometime around 2008. In Jos plateau state. I got wind of a piece of land that was for sale. I was interested in buying so I met the owner of the land who turned out to be an acquaintance in the same street were i resided.

Long story short the day we were to go inspect the land before I make payment and stuff. We decided to smoke some joints it was early in the morning.

After seeing the land we decided to smoke some more joints. This acquaintance was the one who molded my joint. I don’t know if he put something in there while tying it or if it was my body that just rejected and reacted differently to it that way but I just started misbehaving and talking trash after smoking.

Seems he noticed or maybe it was intentional but he left me there in the bushes which I was unfamiliar with. So I incoherently started trying to locate my way home. In the process I came across a church and I think there just closed from service that morning.

In my state of total incoherence I just staggered and fell upon one of the women who just closed from service. I shouted “ Jesus save me!” While trying to hug her.

The woman in return screamed out of fear I guess. And next in the twinkling of an eye I was surrounded by bystanders. A full mob gathered and there was nothing I wasn’t accused of that morning. From kidnapper to terrorist to bokoharam to Hausa informant trying to attack a church. ( these period was just after the crisis in Jos then). Hell, someone even said I was a thief and that some goats were stolen in the area recently and I was the thief stealing all the goats. Me that was dressed nicely and all- I doubt I looked like a goat thief to any sensible person.

Well in the confusion and noise that followed I tried explaining my self but the more I explained ( incoherently no doubt due to the weed) the more this mob got angry.

Next thing I know they put a tire on my neck and petrol came from only God knows where from. ( I no for fit Dey talk this story by now and I am sure you see the reason I don’t like talking about it)

I had already set my mind that I was dead and in my mind was saying my last prayer. I don’t remember what finally happened but some police men came around and took me to the station after persuading the mob for a long time which insisted on setting me ablaze. See me see death. After much beating and manhandling from that crowd. The police successfully took me away.

The police didn’t help matters much as they continued the beating trying to interrogate me on my mission there. We finally got to the police station and by this time the effect of whatever had started subsiding so I was able to explain myself better and had to call a senior police officer from another command who acknowledged knowing me and also a friend who came to the station to bail me.

I would have been burnt to death by now. This is why I always give my voice against jungle justice because a lot of innocent people have died without even an opportunity to defend themselves and for flimsy reasons.

Also I never trust anyone with molding my smoke which I hardly even smoke till now.

Just imagine me goat thief… what a life. Some people are just looking for an opportunity to vent all their frustrations and anger on someone.

Sad just remembering this experience but I am sure it will save somebody somewhere one day too.

Even if one Is caught while committing a crime he should be given a chance to defend himself. That’s what the courts and justice system are there for. We are humans and not animals.

Let’s Say no to jungle justice!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Qatar2022: 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
Spanishmilf:
After watching and reading the aluu4 boys story
I have fear when im in the market or there are many crowds. Have you survived lynching or witness one? How did that affect you
Can someone lynched survive to tell the story?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by brain54(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Qatar2022:

Can someone lynched survive to tell the story?
Yes…

I survived!
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Autobot05: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Yes
At ijesha Bostop
They caught this thief , beat the crap out of him then put his head on a stone and broke a bottle on his head . Then they put him in a gutter where he died .... can forget . Year 2018
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by Reelmii: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hmmm....

I remember one year in festac town...that was the year 'SEE ME SO' by 2baba just came out,, till date, anytime i hear that song , i remember that ugly day...

So that year, burning of thives was so rampant that almost everywhere within 7th avenue, 23rd, 22 and 21rd ( rd means road,, like 21road..festac use road instead of streets)...u would always see a burnt thief on the road..

This particular day,, it was a sarturday night,, i came out to by bread against sunday morning for breakfast before we go to church ( i lived with my aunty at 712 rd, i came out to 71rd to buy the bread)....

While i was at the shop,, we saw a crowd chasing two guys,, they were running from 23rd going towards alakija ( i guess the thieves were not resident of festac)
As they were running along 71rd, a car knocked down one of the thieves ( a slim tall guy like that) while the other one escaped

As they were beating the guy...someone among the crowd told us that the thieves stole a woman's phone from a party that was going on around 23rd junction ( there are block of flats there)

While they were beating the guy, someone went to call the woman from the party to come and collect her phone as they had caught the thief....
By the time the woman got there and saw how they had beaten the guy,, she started crying, begging the guys to leave him and that she does not need the phone again (it was nokia 3310) ...the boys refused to let the guy go despite all the plea from the woman...the woman later told them that the blood of the guy will be on their head as she has washed her hands off and also forgiven the thief....

The beating still continued after the woman left, and it was in front of the shop where i was buying my bread....they really beat this guy, they broke blocks on his head, stripped him naked, a guy was using a car to hit him ( he would reverse and then drive forward to hit the guy) i felt pity for that guy.....

That 2baba song was playing in a CD Seller's shop just next to where i was buying the bread, the music was so loud that u have to shout wen u are talking to someone...
But nobody saw the guy( thief) as a brother cry

Wen i got home that night i could not sleep,, i kept thinking of wat would have happened to the guy,, i knew he was not going to survive all of that treatment

The next day, in the morning ( Sunday) i went back to that shop to buy eggs( i had forgotten to buy that on Saturday) and behold, i saw the burnt body of the guy on the road embarassed embarassed.....the shop owner told me that police men came around that night but they just left,, they did not do anything,, the crowd burnt the guy after the police left.....

This life eh...it is well embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by JapaToDNext: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
For all those hurt or wounded in the past, by these sad experiences,

Whether u are directly involved or Not,

u all shall receive your permanent healing and peace

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by emmanuelbrown26: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2023
I hv witnessed a lot, infact its just normal thing.
The blood birth
The sorrow
The tears, just name it. People should always be careful outta their, mind ur damn business u won't be in crossfire.
Some hv being lynched for trying to save situation, while some died trying to quench d fire.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 9:36am On Mar 17, 2023
In 2011 my younger sister and I left benue state to Bali local government taraba to write Jamb. The previous years Jamb was not good because, jamb changed my two subjects and gave me what they want on exam day.
Before leaving, instead of my dad to give us money for hotel accommodations. He said we should go there and look for any of my church pastor and stay with.
We left makurdi in the morning and reached Bali around 5pm.we took a bike and went and see the school we are to write the exam the next day. We came back to where we took bike from. We were walking round that evening when we saw a polytechnic which I've forgotten the name and a lady in one of the girls hostel whom we greeted and my sister started a conversation with her. She later discovered we are from same church and she offer to accommodate her till the next day.i was relieved because my younger sister is safe and the next task is for me to look for my own accommodation. I didn't get anywhere to sleep so I have to sleep the market under one of this Their ry local shop that is being built with wood and grass covering the top. That night owl will not allow me sleep because the tent local tent I slept under was directly under the tree they're doing their meeting.
Next day I rush to school wrote JAMB with jamb changing my subject combination again. Look for my sister but could not find her till around 4pm.she told me we should stay till the next day because we can't leave that evening again. I wasn't happy because of my experience with owls the previous night but I got no option.
During the exam I met some guy s from makurdi that says they slept at the school plenty of them. So I decided to wait till night fall then I will sneak and sleep at the school.
Got to the school around 10pm and jumped the window to sleep inside one of the classroom. I pulled my newly bought Allstars sneakers and slept of. Around 12 there was raindrop then around 2pm I I saw torchlight flashing where I was sleeping on the desk with people shouting in housa.
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2023
What stopped me from running that night was the wind at my back was blocked by them and the door at my front was also blocked by them. That was when boko haram where disturbing in the north. My thought was that they are boko haram 🦍 because they were with all sorts of weapons. I don't hear hausa but I knew they were ordering me to come out. I came out and met them by the corridor in my confused and fearful state.
They where asking me questions in hausa before the kill me while I was trying to explain to them in English that I'm just a student who came to write jamb at the school
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2023
They don't understand English language and I don't understand hausa language. The people I saw that night were like 20 with all sort of weapons. As God would have it. A man among them seems to understand English and he's even one of the tutor of same school. He calm them down in hausa and asked me what I'm doing there that n6te65. I explained everything to him and asked of my exam number, I told him, he asked the direction of the classroom I wrote the exam. Because it was night and I wasn't myself any longer, I pointed to right instead of left hand side. He hit me a big stick on my head and said I'm lieing. He told me to follow him and two other guys while he told the rest to follow another place. Four of us left the school while about 15 of those guys faced another direction.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2023
While on the way we came to where there was a street light and he said I should show him my hand, it was after he saw the marker ink I was accredited with on my finger that he believed me.
It was then he told me a cultist came to his side and try to kill one of their brothers, stabbing him and almost killed him, it was after he shouted the the cultist ran and left his Bajaj motorcycle and fled on foot. That's why the came out and looking for the guy. He said I'm following them to the hospital if the guy stabbed says I'm not the one I will be left go.
20 minutes later we were at the hospital and the guy stabbed saw me and said I'm the one who stabbed him
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2023
I was frightened and ask him to look at me very well and he still insisted I'm the one.
They pulled my clothes and searched my body to see if there's any cultist signs on me but none. I was left with only my pants on. After not finding anything on me, the tutor said I should follow them out of the theater.
While we where outside an old man passed by and they commune with him in hausa. I don't understand what they said but all I could remember was I was hearing yowa yowa. Tutor came back and said the old baba said they should leave me alone, and asked if I will sleep at the hospital. I told him If it's safe I will sleep there and thanked him.they left me there and after talking some few steps he came back and told me to follow him that he knows those hausa guys very well,that if they didn't see the person they are looking for and came back and met me there they will kill me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by brain54(m): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2023
princepeter566:
In 2011 my younger sister and I left benue state to Bali local government taraba to write Jamb. The previous years Jamb was not good because, jamb changed my two subjects and gave me what they want on exam day.
Before leaving, instead of my dad to give us money for hotel accommodations. He said we should go there and look for any of my church pastor and stay with.
We left makurdi in the morning and reached Bali around 5pm.we took a bike and went and see the school we are to write the exam the next day. We came back to where we took bike from. We were walking round that evening when we saw a polytechnic which I've forgotten the name and a lady in one of the girls hostel whom we greeted and my sister started a conversation with her. She later discovered we are from same church and she offer to accommodate her till the next day.i was relieved because my younger sister is safe and the next task is for me to look for my own accommodation. I didn't get anywhere to sleep so I have to sleep the market under one of this Their ry local shop that is being built with wood and grass covering the top. That night owl will not allow me sleep because the tent local tent I slept under was directly under the tree they're doing their meeting.
Next day I rush to school wrote JAMB with jamb changing my subject combination again. Look for my sister but could not find her till around 4pm.she told me we should stay till the next day because we can't leave that evening again. I wasn't happy because of my experience with owls the previous night but I got no option.
During the exam I met some guy s from makurdi that says they slept at the school plenty of them. So I decided to wait till night fall then I will sneak and sleep at the school.
Got to the school around 10pm and jumped the window to sleep inside one of the classroom. I pulled my newly bought Allstars sneakers and slept of. Around 12 there was raindrop then around 2pm I I saw torchlight flashing where I was sleeping on the desk with people shouting in housa.
I am sorry to say this…

But your dad is careless for not ensuring you and your sister have proper accommodation.

Haba… very careless.

Sorry about your plight though!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2023
I followed him and he took me to the same school and handed me over to the old baba doing security at the school, and told me, if I'm a cultist and I'm pretending not to be, I will still be caught one day and killed and he left. It's been 12 years and now and God still keeps me going as a jew man but, jew with level because if u touch me, na my guys for military go handle your matter.
The baba at the school gave me his mat and a big stone as pillow.
I slept and woke up around 6am and thanked him buy he doesn't understand English but he understood what I meant. Headed straight to benue links park and by 7am my sister met me and we left around 10am in a luxurious bus.
J reached my house around 11 in the night because the car had some issues but, in everything The Almighty God se the his angel to deliver me.
Pls say no to jungle justice.
If only I was killed that night I would have been termed a cultist or an arm rubber.
Thank God for Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 10:25am On Mar 17, 2023
Thanks for your concern but I never shared this to paint my dad in a bad light. He may have made that mistake but he's still one of the most wonderful dad someone will ever dreamed of. He's saved my life severely
brain54:

I am sorry to say this…

But your dad is careless for not ensuring you and your sister have proper accommodation.

Haba… very careless.

Sorry about your plight though!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by brain54(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2023
princepeter566:
Thanks for your concern but I never shared this to paint my dad in a bad light. He may have made that mistake but he's still one of the most wonderful dad someone will ever dreamed of. He's saved my life severely
Wasn’t trying to paint your dad in bad light…

Just pointing out a mistake that we all can learn from bro.
Re: Have You Been Lynched Or Witness Someone Lynched Share Your Experience? by princepeter566: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2023
U right bro
brain54:

Wasn’t trying to paint your dad in bad light…

Just pointing out a mistake that we all can learn from bro.

(1) (Reply)

Am Not Sure I Will Survive This Hardship / I Almost Asked Bandits To Kill Me – Freed Abuja Lady Narrates [uniabu Students] / Children Strangle Dad Over Common Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.