Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,539 members, 7,850,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Clarification On The Post Wife Vs Husband : Family Vs Career. Help Needed Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Clarification On The Post Wife Vs Husband : Family Vs Career. Help Needed Please (212 Views)

Wife vs Husband : Family vs Career. Help Needed please / Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clarification On The Post Wife Vs Husband : Family Vs Career. Help Needed Please by vuxelle: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
previous post https://www.nairaland.com/7611343/wife-vs-husband-family-vs/3#121790526

Thank you all for your response, it is shocking though that the post was completely misunderstood by most people. Could not divulge too many info, but from permission, I had to make this addition

1. Both are in Europe. They became acquainted with the neighbours just 4 months ago, although it appears they have known for ages.
2. The husband is an expatriate who works in another European country and lost his very good job just 7 months ago. He got a new contract that starts in September in the same country as his family. (He lost his job largely because he refused to be part of the weekend overtime shift because he always has to be home to his family by the weekend). He is not able to travel because he can not renew his paper. (he is not in the common travel area). The husband usually travels home every weekend before this.
3. The family agreed for the woman to start the study, and the husband paid for the study himself ( about 7,000 euros).
4. Both partners were aware of the travelling as part of the course when she enrolled last year. The arrangement was that the husband will mind the children when the time comes. But the husband's situation changed before the sign-up date for the course, discussions started between husband and wife on the best alternative, however, the madam (wife) went ahead to sign up without telling the husband.
4. The 5 days is part of the course requirement, it can be done next semester, worse case, by January next year.
5 No other deep issue as some of you are insinuating.
6. I only came here just to evaluate the thoughts of their fellow citizens of the couple on general marital issues.
7. I showed this discussion to the couples, they even laughed at some of the comments.
8. These kinds of stories are very very common.

But your contributions are all appreciated.
Re: Clarification On The Post Wife Vs Husband : Family Vs Career. Help Needed Please by linnyx: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
From experience I can tell you that marriage is all about sacrifices and compromise for the common good. Unless a couple do not have the interest of the family at heart I see no reason why compromise and sacrifice will be an issue.

The man in question has sacrificed and lost his job in the process now he has travelling issues, I expect the wife to understand and make some sacrifices as well. It's just for a year.

From your narration I believe the couple in question are good together and the only issue is the wife's stubbornness (though I believe the man also has his own) and I'd advise she jettison her stubbornness let it not lead to regrets later. Everyone has got their elastic limit and the husband no matter how calm and understanding he is now is not an exemption.

Good luck to the family
Re: Clarification On The Post Wife Vs Husband : Family Vs Career. Help Needed Please by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
vuxelle:
1. Both are in Europe. They became acquainted with the neighbours just 4 months ago, although it appears they have known for ages.
3. The family agreed for the woman to start the study, and the husband paid for the study himself ( about 7,000 euros).
4. Both partners were aware of the travelling as part of the course when she enrolled last year. The arrangement was that the husband will mind the children when the time comes. But the husband's situation changed before the sign-up date for the course, discussions started between husband and wife on the best alternative, however, the madam (wife) went ahead to sign up without telling the husband.
4. The 5 days is part of the course requirement, it can be done next semester, worse case, by January next year.

5 No other deep issue as some of you are insinuating.
If this is all true, then why is the woman being accused of being stubborn? undecided

They are both in Europe and the man already has an idea of how volatile things can be. Shouldn't he then desire to ensure there are two incomes coming into the home as soon as possible? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Aromatherapy Sugar/Salt Skin Lightening Body Bath Scrub / "Women Love Money" A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing? Let's Discuss. / How To Expedite Your Divorce In NJ And Start A Fresh Chapter In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.