Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi (3505 Views)

Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election / Throwback:Prof Mahmood Yakubu At Chatham House Promising Use Of BVAS And IREV / "We Are Not Yet Ripe For It": APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, IReV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Jlow2: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2023
And your sitting president presented an affidavit in place of waec result
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by lhordspy: 11:48am On Mar 17, 2023
renderme:

Don't know why you're arguing with me because Tinubus candidacy was announced after 4am as well.

Jega declared buhari 2:55am

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by lhordspy: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2023
Jlow2:
And your sitting president presented an affidavit in place of waec result

An affidavit from a prestigious University in Chicago from tinubu or WAEC result from buhari is better than the GCE result your messiah presented.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Ikpaitid: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2023
Is this the man that wanted to be the president of Nigeria?
What an IPOB illiterate,Obi can't even put 2 sentences together and his dull IPOB supporters were laughing at Tinubu?
Obi is 20 times below Tinubu's level.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by renderme: 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Jega declared buhari 2:55am

This was 2015. In 2019 and 2023, the presidential elections were declared after 4am. Why are you still arguing when we were both saying the same thing from the beginning? I was only correcting you cos you mentioned 2 am for 2019 elections. Please read to comprehend and not respond.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by BRATISLAVA: 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
Don't you guys fact check all your candidates? Is this the only politician in Nigeria that everyday we're subjected to one thing he said or did? All the petty investigations into everything he says and does are bordering on unhealthy obsession.

Or maybe he's the only active one. Or maybe these are the paid online posters. Gone are the days when this forum had irrelevant yet entertaining topics. Nowadays it's just bashing and venting and fact checking the only man on the planet.

Bring back the threads that go, "my gf is cheating on me with my driver, what should I do? Do you think I'm the father of all my children?"
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Godspikin: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
soojar:

The question some people are asking is how then did the INEC chairman get the results he was announcing when the pictures of those results have not yet been uploaded on the portal? By call or text message?

We learn everyday

Those asking that question are simply ignorant, that's the only reason. The purpose of the results being uploaded to IREV is not so the INEC chairman can copy the results (soft copy) of the polling unit from IREV.

IREV is a new development, introduced for the sole aim of transparency and also it is expected that the members of the public can view the results (soft copy) that emanates from each polling unit from the IREV.

For the purpose of collation that result is not needed, please note that it is expected that the hard copy and soft copy are the same, what is used in collation however, is the physical results (hard copy) signed by all the agents and security personnel present.

Now this is my answer to that question, irrespective of the fact that the soft copy is available online or not, the hard copy is used to collate results from that unit and other units at the ward level, once it has been checked to see that there is no over-voting, it will only be rejected if the number of votes is higher than the record of accredited voters on the BVAS of that unit. Each BVAS is configured for a particular unit for every election.

If the results of a ward has been collated, it goes on to local government collation, to state and then to the national collation centre (for presidential election) where it will now come to the INEC chairman, at all these layers of collation there are accredited party agents who signs.

The collation process is independent of the uploading of results on IREV. That a result of a unit has not been uploaded to the IREV does not mean that it can not be collated.

So you see, that's why the INEC chairman refused to succumb to the manipulation intended by those who were staging a show that day. There's a process and these people are aware of the process.

Before IREV, that's how collation has been done and even with IREV, uploading results or failure to upload results on IREV does not hinder collation. It's in the INEC guidelines.

I hope I answered you.

It's just like a lecturer telling you he will upload soft copies of your scripts for last semester on your class website (if possible) and let's say after he marked the scripts and took snapshots he lost his phone so he failed to upload it as agreed and when you resumed you discovered you got a D, as long as he has the physical script with which you were graded it is inconsequential if you complain to the Senate that he failed you. It is the physical script that the Senate needs not the soft copy you expected him to post.

Please note, I do not support the non uploading of the results in real time because I believe it's a very beautiful development but the issue here is that this in itself is not the real issue, it's just being blown out of proportion by people who already know they lost, because duplicates of the real hard copy results were already given to them (their agents).
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by soojar(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
Godspikin:

Those asking that question are simply ignorant, that's the only reason. The purpose of the results being uploaded to IREV is not so the INEC chairman can copy the results (soft copy) of the polling unit from IREV.

IREV is a new development, introduced for the sole aim of transparency and also it is expected that the members of the public can view the results (soft copy) that emanates from each polling unit from the IREV.

For the purpose of collation that result is not needed, please note that it is expected that the hard copy and soft copy are the same, what is used in collation however, is the physical results (hard copy) signed by all the agents and security personnel present.

Now this is my answer to that question, irrespective of the fact that the soft copy is available online or not, the hard copy is used to collate results from that unit and other units at the ward level, once it has been checked to see that there is no over-voting, it will only be rejected if the number of votes is higher than the record of accredited voters on the BVAS of that unit. Each BVAS is configured for a particular unit for every election.

If the results of a ward has been collated, it goes on to local government collation, to state and then to the national collation centre (for presidential election) where it will now come to the INEC chairman, at all these layers of collation there are accredited party agents who signs.

The collation process is independent of the uploading of results on IREV. That a result of a unit has not been uploaded to the IREV does not mean that it can not be collated.

So you see, that's why the INEC chairman refused to succumb to the manipulation intended by those who were staging a show that day. There's a process and these people are aware of the process.

Before IREV, that's how collation has been done and even with IREV, uploading results or failure to upload results on IREV does not hinder collation. It's in the INEC guidelines.

I hope I answered you.

Very well answered. If only most of the kids on Nairaland can have this available to them (that's if they will understand anyway), it will reduce their noise making born out of ignorance.

We learn everyday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Police To Be Or Not? / Nigerians In Diaspora Can’t Vote In 2011,says Jonathan / 7 Nigerian Pilgrims Arrested In Isreal, Accused Of Illegal Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.