Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi (3463 Views)

Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election / Throwback:Prof Mahmood Yakubu At Chatham House Promising Use Of BVAS And IREV / "We Are Not Yet Ripe For It": APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, IReV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Jnkay: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
What she told Obi was that the BIVAS accredit voters and sent to the IREV automatically.
She was also wrong and misleading obi.The BIVAS only accredit voters and doesn't send to the IREV automatically.The user of the BIVAS has to initiate the process of sending The data into the IREV when there is network coverage.If there is no network or the user did not send the accreditations manually,it won't go.
Why did INEC backup the BIVAS data into the IREV before they reconfigured the devices?
Abeg make una listen to her explanation again.

Thank She didn't know what she was saying. OBI was more correct than her. Go and verify the functions of the two
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by 9jatriot(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
Imagine if Tinubu was the one here but quickly corrected himself, they for don edit the video, run commentary then spread am among all their whatsapp group.

This thread itself would have been up to 10 pages and many other ones with demeaning titles would also have sprung up.

It was mostly because of the hatred from these guys towards Tinubu to the extent that they refused to complain during the heat of the cashless crunch that made some of us more determined and hope that Tinubu just had to win

7 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Simplythebest: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2023
Were is una president elect or has he gone for holiday?
lhordspy:

Lol. Very embarrasing. You need to watch the full interview. I used to think peter ob! is dull, but i was wrong; man is very dull. Empty is the word. We dodged a d!saster.

His followers, 90% still dont know how these things work. They have been blaming anything and everything they could lay their hands on. From BVAS, to electronic transmission to even Mahmood announcing winner by 4:30am. Forgetting that the past two Election we had in 2015,2019 were annouced in the midnight too. I think 2:30am and 3:00am.

Some are still telling me to wait for Supreme court judgement, that they are surely reclaiming their mandate. They are oblivious of the fact that the matter is not even in court yet. Their party haven't filed any petition yet with few days left to the closing date of filing petition at the tribunal for presidential election.

They are still looking for evidence up and down even inside INEC server. A party with 150k polling unit agent with their own polling unit results that can be compared with the one uploaded on INEC portal, still looking for evidence of rigging about. What evidence again?
Same people all over the internet selling the "stolen mandate" to their ignorant supporters.
Then how comes Labour party came into the conclusion that their mandate was stolen when they dont even have evidence and still looking for it? Why havent they file the petition yet? A wise supporter would have asked himself/herself that.

Very sad to see some set of people constantly and consistently display their ignorance with reckless abandon, boldness , and nonchalantly. I will rather keep clamouring for old people to continue to rule us, rather than sell my brain to a fraud masquerading as Messiah all in the name of New Nigeria and turn a dundee.

Tufiakwa !
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
The poster is so dumb

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by GoldSantana: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
What a bulaba!
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by sreamsense: 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
Jnkay:

Thank She didn't know what she was saying. OBI was more correct than her. Go and verify the functions of the two
Every thing is to go and verify, only God knows how many things you and obi have been keeping to verify after dishing out fake statistics. Even nursery one pupil could see here that obi has lost the conversation stammerring, one doesn't need to go and verify; that answer was right there in his face as he lost in the wilderness of confusion after he was corrected

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by techWriter3: 11:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
politician wey no going cerebral

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Godspikin: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. Very embarrasing. You need to watch the full interview. I used to think peter ob! is dull, but i was wrong; man is very dull. Empty is the word. We dodged a d!saster.

His followers, 90% still dont know how these things work. They have been blaming anything and everything they could lay their hands on. From BVAS, to electronic transmission to even Mahmood announcing winner by 4:30am. Forgetting that the past two Election we had in 2015,2019 were annouced in the midnight too. I think 2:30am and 3:00am.

Some are still telling me to wait for Supreme court judgement, that they are surely reclaiming their mandate. They are oblivious of the fact that the matter is not even in court yet. Their party haven't filed any petition yet with few days left to the closing date of filing petition at the tribunal for presidential election.

They are still looking for evidence up and down even inside INEC server. A party with 150k polling unit agent with their own polling unit results that can be compared with the one uploaded on INEC portal, still looking for evidence of rigging about. What evidence again?
Same people all over the internet selling the "stolen mandate" to their ignorant supporters.
Then how comes Labour party came into the conclusion that their mandate was stolen when they dont even have evidence and still looking for it? Why havent they file the petition yet? A wise supporter would have asked himself/herself that.

Very sad to see some set of people constantly and consistently display their ignorance with reckless abandon, boldness , and nonchalantly. I will rather keep clamouring for old people to continue to rule us, rather than sell my brain to a fraud masquerading as Messiah all in the name of New Nigeria and turn a dundee.

Tufiakwa !

I cringe when I see young supposedly bright minds brainwashed by the whole religious cum tribalistic propaganda sold to them.

I know some very brilliant chaps who could have beaten up their very good friends some weeks ago because of this scam of a man.

A lot of solid relationships have already been destroyed because of this dumbo.

The funny thing is they are quick to tag you with any of their emblems (tribalist and so on) once you are of a different opinion or you are trying to make them reason.

Some of them even said once a candidate does not win FCT, he can't be declared winner. Anyone who has a brain should know that if FCT is the most important state that one needs to win to be declared winner, then all I need to do as a candidate is to win FCT. Even their spokesperson said APC did not win Lagos and did not win Ask rock, for God's sake, it is a national election, you don't have to win everywhere, you win some, you lose some but you ensure you win strategic states and get significant votes in others (that's exactly what was inferred when they were told they do not have structure) but they thought it is by winning online polls.

Una go wail Taya!

This election has been the fairest and most credible since the return of democracy.
Is it perfect? NO, it isn't.
The only dent on the credibility is the fact that results were not sent to IREV in real time but even that was blown out of proportion by the opposition who already knew they lost because every record of the polling unit votes have already been released to every party that has an agent at the polling unit, so irrespective of whatever modification or alteration is uploaded, the parties already have an idea of what they scored, that's the essence of having an agent at each polling unit.

I have been participating in General elections as INEC ad hoc staff since 2011 except this year and I can say comparatively this is the only election where rigging has been reduced to the barest minimum and we should keep improving.

There surely must have been irregularities here and there, even if all of those votes are voided by the tribunal APC will still win.

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by naijainstinct: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Tufiakwa !
I was really embarrassed watching the video. We really dodged a bullet.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by TrossardT: 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
He seems to be lost
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by seborrhic: 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
If Tinubu does one half of the interviews obi does and appears in a single live interview,his supporters would even stone him with the kinds of blabbering and off point errors he would make.
Obi is trying to be an ideal candidate or a textbook candidate that does all what the electorate expect,not knowing that that's the same reason Tinubu's minders have always shielded him from interviews,to avoid the gaffes and the exposure of the propaganda of him being knowledgeable and with intact faculties.
It's like the 2 most exponents of football tactics:
the ideal manager whose team plays the ideal "romantic" football wants his team to have the ball all the time,so they can dictate the play,move to the opponents goal area and score goals.
However,there is this other manager that says his theory of winning a match is not to play any fancy football,he prefers his opponent to have 80-90% of the ball because according to his theory,"he that has the greatest percentage of the ball,is more prone to making mistakes".
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Godspikin: 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
What she told Obi was that the BIVAS accredit voters and sent to the IREV automatically.
She was also wrong and misleading obi.The BIVAS only accredit voters and doesn't send to the IREV automatically.The user of the BIVAS has to initiate the process of sending The data into the IREV when there is network coverage.If there is no network or the user did not send the accreditations manually,it won't go.
Why did INEC backup the BIVAS data into the IREV before they reconfigured the devices?
Abeg make una listen to her explanation again.

For the BIVAS to upload data automatically into the IREV portal,there has to be synchronised.Inec chairman could not do that because they have been compromised by the highest bidder.

Stop confusing people with your Aba made analysis.

Data can not be uploaded automatically, to accuse the Chairman of INEC wrongly shows your ignorance. It is the Presiding Officer that sends snapshots of the results from the BVAS to the IREV (Everything starts and ends at the polling unit level, anything beyond the polling unit is just collation of results already generated and confirmed to conform with the guidelines). Other information such as number of accredited voters stays on the BVAS and it is confirmed and cross checked with the results at the ward collation level. If over voting is discovered at this level the results of the unit is cancelled, if not it is collated and goes on to other layers of collation depending on the type of election.

It is pertinent to state, for the sake of those who still feel the INEC chairman is culpable in any of this. The INEC chairman has no control over what happens in the over 176,000 polling units. If any irregularity is discovered in any unit, it is the Presiding Officer, who must have signed an oath form (I know this cos I signed it several times) that will face the music. If our judiciary really wants to set this nation on the path to glory, so many corp members and ad hoc staff should go to jail.

The way the electoral system in Nigeria is now, rigging starts and ends at the polling unit, and it is a dangerous and risky assignment, as the process that allowed for one to go Scot free has been checked by the BVAS.

6 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Lanretoye(m): 12:07am On Mar 17, 2023
Since it is obi,it's no problem...he must just be president at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Thedon22: 12:12am On Mar 17, 2023
What's this guy saying in the video. Obi is clearly a scammer. He couldn't address the issue from Moupe and the lady just kept smiling. May Obi never happen to anyone!

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by jagorinho: 12:51am On Mar 17, 2023
Outstandingmam:
Smh

I think the man is tired. He needs to rest. Electioneering is no joke. No wonder Tinubu and Atiku are hiding in some places to regain energy.

It's possible he knows it but mental fatigue was his enemy at that point in time. He was truly blabbing there very ignorantly
Lol!!! Very poor mitigation skills from you. Seems you are not that different from your mentor Obi the mediocre!!
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by jagorinho: 12:56am On Mar 17, 2023
Obi is like all those fake flamboyant phone chargers igbos sell, nothing in it. Like I always say, if Obi is the best the igbos want to impose on Nigerians, then the future of Alaigbo leadership is Damned.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Luckysbab: 1:11am On Mar 17, 2023
Mayrian:
They claim they won an election, but they're still restless. You support someone who incoherently blabs inaudible words, but the fact that a TV presenter corrected Obi is your major problem

You're dull though, honest observation.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2023
Godspikin:

Data can not be uploaded automatically, to accuse the Chairman of INEC wrongly shows your ignorance. It is the Presiding Officer that sends snapshots of the results from the BVAS to the IREV (Everything starts and ends at the polling unit level, anything beyond the polling unit is just collation of results already generated and confirmed to conform with the guidelines). Other information such as number of accredited voters stays on the BVAS and it is confirmed and cross checked with the results at the ward collation level. If over voting is discovered at this level the results of the unit is cancelled, if not it is collated and goes on to other layers of collation depending on the type of election.

It is pertinent to state, for the sake of those who still feel the INEC chairman is culpable in any of this. The INEC chairman has no control over what happens in the over 176,000 polling units. If any irregularity is discovered in any unit, it is the Presiding Officer, who must have signed an oath form (I know this cos I signed it several times) that will face the music. If our judiciary really wants to set this nation on the path to glory, so many corp members and ad hoc staff should go to jail.

The way the electoral system in Nigeria is now, rigging starts and ends at the polling unit, and it is a dangerous and risky assignment, as the process that allowed for one to go Scot free has been checked by the BVAS.
You and I are on the same page.The channels tv host is the one that is not in line.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by soojar(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2023
Godspikin:

The question some people are asking is how then did the INEC chairman get the results he was announcing when the pictures of those results have not yet been uploaded on the portal? By call or text message?

We learn everyday
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by slashthroat: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2023
This Onitsha messiah is so daft.
Look at him looking confused
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by slashthroat: 9:12am On Mar 17, 2023
stonemasonn:
Lol, the guy started blabbing after the correction
I dey tell u.
By average Nigerians he meant Obidundees
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by slashthroat: 9:16am On Mar 17, 2023
soojar:

The question some people are asking is how then did the INEC chairman get the results he was announcing when the pictures of those results have not yet been uploaded on the portal? By call or text message?

We learn everyday

Lol oga by the SCOPE and REC going to Abj with the real results.

These obidundees I wonder how una dey reason
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by soojar(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2023
slashthroat:

Lol oga by the SCOPE and REC going to Abj with the real results.

These obidundees I wonder how una dey reason

You don't need to throw insults to make your point? It shows hollowness actually.

Check my previous posts, you will know the kind of person you are talking with that I criticize all parties and allign with all parties (depending on the objectivity of the issue at hand).

We learn everyday
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by tamdun: 11:07am On Mar 17, 2023
Obi go and sleep

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by lhordspy: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2023
Mr Mynd44 , this should be on frontpage. Its trending.

Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by Burruchaga71(m): 11:22am On Mar 17, 2023
What ever.
I would NEVER EVER share this country with Tinubu as the leader I swear.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by renderme: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Tufiakwa !

The last two elections were announced after 4am.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by lhordspy: 11:40am On Mar 17, 2023
renderme:

The last two elections were announced after 4am.

Not correct. You can google it.
Re: Channels TV Host Had To Clarify The Difference Between BVAS And IREV For Obi by renderme: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Not correct. You can google it.
Don't know why you're arguing with me because Tinubus candidacy was announced after 4am as well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rip Pdp. Picture Of Pdp Tombstone. / How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? / 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.