Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 (19359 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The 3 Points?

Man United: 53% (68 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (49 votes)
Draw: 8% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / Chelsea Vs FC Basel - UCL - (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Man City (3 - 2) On 18th September 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mukina2: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2011
Possible starting XIs

Manchester United: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Giggs, Young, Rooney, Hernandez.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Mata, Lampard, Ramires, Meireles, Anelka, Sturridge.

Andre Villas-Boas faces the sternest test of his Chelsea reign to date with a trip to Old Trafford on Sunday to face a rampant Manchester United.

United and Chelsea have been the dominant forces in English football over the past decade but have never been prepared to stand still and there is a freshness about both sides at the start of the new campaign.

While the Blues recruited a manager and several players over the summer, Sir Alex Ferguson has also begun to build another exciting team at Old Trafford with the injection of some new blood.

The foundations were already in place at United but Ferguson will have been overjoyed with the way in which the latest batch of youngsters has been integrated during the early part of the season.

The Red Devils have been in astonishing form in the Premier League so far, not only claiming maximum points from their opening four games but also scoring 18 goals in the process.

Wayne Rooney has grabbed eight of those, including back-to-back hat-tricks, and he will make history if he repeats the feat this weekend by becoming the first player to net a treble in three consecutive Premier League games.

Keeping Rooney in the side is one of the easier selection decisions facing Ferguson ahead of the visit of the Blues, who the manager admits will provide a tough challenge.

Ferguson changed his team in midweek for the UEFA Champions League clash with Benfica as he opted for a more experienced line-up away from home in Europe.

Having returned from Portugal with a creditable 1-1 draw, the United boss is now considering how many players to recall that were rested on Wednesday.

David de Gea is expected to come back in between the posts despite Anders Lindegaard's assured performance against Benfica, while Ryan Giggs could also start and Rio Ferdinand is likely to return.

Javier Hernandez, Ashley Young, Nani and Anderson are also in contention to come back in, although the likes of Darren Fletcher, Park Ji-sung and Antonio Valencia will all be hoping to stay in the side.

Ferguson has reported no fresh injury concerns, leaving Nemanja Vidic (calf), Tom Cleverley (foot) and Rafael (shoulder) on the sidelines, whilst Danny Welbeck (hamstring) is not expected to be available until next week.

Chelsea news
Chelsea may not have received the same plaudits as United, or indeed Manchester City, during the first few weeks of the season but Villas-Boas has nevertheless made a quietly impressive start to life in English football.

A goalless draw at Stoke on the opening day has been followed by three straight wins in the Premier League, and the Blues can climb above United by winning at Old Trafford.

Chelsea also managed to kick off their Champions League campaign with a 2-0 victory over Bayer Leverkusen in Group E, as Villas-Boas looks to deliver the European glory that has proved so elusive for previous managers at Stamford Bridge.

Villas-Boas arrived in London with a reputation as perhaps the most promising young tactician in world football and, while there has been little to criticise so far, his tactics are sure to come under scrutiny on Sunday as he engages in a battle of wits with the master Ferguson.

The Portuguese has made it clear that he is not afraid to drop players whatever their status, leaving out Fernando Torres for the game against Sunderland last week before recalling him to face Leverkusen.

An internal investigation into comments made by Torres, when he allegedly branded his 'older' team-mates as 'very slow' has been declared officially closed but the Spanish striker may still be omitted in favour of Daniel Sturridge and Nicolas Anelka.

Didier Drogba is facing a race against time to be fit for the game as he recovers from a sickening head injury that caused him concussion in the 3-1 victory over Norwich on 27th August.

David Luiz marked his first appearance of the season against Leverkusen with a goal and is likely to stay in the side alongside skipper John Terry, who was rested on Tuesday.

Branislav Ivanovic could therefore be the unlucky player to miss out, unless Villas-Boas decides to play the Serbian at right-back instead of Jose Bosingwa.

Ramires is also available again following a European suspension, but Michael Essien is a long-term absentee following knee surgery.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3422893,00.html]Match[/url]
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mukina2: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
I do not care who wins, just break legs and fight wella cool grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by r231(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
United all the way grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Vickivicki(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
The best United can make of this is a draw

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
Chelsea to win
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by na2(f): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
wow battle for the matured !
lets c how it goes
chelsea all d way
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by 1stknight(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2011
GGMU
Note: Rooneys hat-trick this season

Fill in the gap

A: for Arsenal
B: for Bolton
C: for ,
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Greenslim: 3:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
Man U for sure
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mikymouse1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2011
I see a Win for Chelsea
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Baawaa(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2011
Man U wil do dat tin 4 dem!!![pre][/pre]
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mondob2k(m): 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
I pray this game ends in a draw. this way its gonna favor gunners. Arsenal all the way!
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by slap1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2011
A draw will be ok with me. But if there must be a win, I hope Chelsea gets it. A draw will be ok with me. But if there must be a win, I hope Chelsea gets it.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by pinkrex(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
United demolishing chelsea in sunday style grin grin grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by aquita(m): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2011
Chelsea for life. The blues are set to teach the red devils some football lessons. Maximum 3 points guarantteed in Jesus name.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by 9jablog: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2011
manure is winning this, 2-1
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by dazzy4real(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2011
@poster wat time is d match?
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Babamide(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
Maximum points for the blues. Chelsea all the way. I hope el nino starts alongside sturridge, make them give united substitute keepers better training
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by vitality22(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
What time is the match pls
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Roland17(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2011
Abeg Draw would Favour all parties involved. abi i lie? grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by karpenter: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2011
I hate English league. Apart from constant referees favouritism, english league fixtures are always geared towards ensuring continue ManU success. How could you explain that all the top four teams are playing ManU away in this first half of the season? Who are they fooling? Except one who doesn't know that the first half of the season is when clubs are full of energy, zeal, ambition, more competitive spirit and fewer injuries. In the second half of the season, a top team is most likely unreachable and the associated confidence ensures that this team continues on the path of success even in away games.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by silibaba: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
who is chelSHIT. abeg MAN U 4 life grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amtalkin(f): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sure win 4 us, up man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wif God on our side
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by r231(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
dazzy4real:

@poster wat time is d match?

10pm on African Magic grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
I'll love to give it to Chelsea, but who's going to score for them?
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by r231(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^Mikel Obi grin grin grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
Miereless don chance am na.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by islamrules(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
what is manure ?
Skye is the limit and it is blue.

But come oh, Ivanovic is missing, That will be a great mistake as he is the greatest defender in chelsea.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
Luiz escaped getting a card and conceding a penalty last time,
i don't see him being that lucky this time.
dem supposed bench torres play am for front.
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by r231(m): 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
amblors:

Miereless don chance am na.

oh well

maybe Torres  cheesy
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2011
karpenter:

I hate English league. Apart from constant referees favouritism, english league fixtures are always geared towards ensuring continue ManU success. How could you explain that all the top four teams are playing ManU away in this first half of the season? Who are they fooling? Except one who doesn't know that the first half of the season is when clubs are full of energy, zeal, ambition, more competitive spirit and fewer injuries. In the second half of the season, a top team is most likely unreachable and the associated confidence ensures that this team continues on the path of success even in away games.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what else is new? stop whining cheesy
no one's forcing u to watch d match tongue
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by naijalodge(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2011
slap1:

A draw will be ok with me. But if there must be a win, I hope Chelsea gets it. A draw will be ok with me. But if there must be a win, I hope Chelsea gets it.
lie lie!!,no draw for una,chelsea mus colect,their ear these week,we go spell una new coach name take welcome am, hahahaa grin grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2011
vitality22:

What time is the match pls

[size=18pt]3:30Pm[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 19th June 2020 / Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, West Ham Or Tottenham: Who'll Rule London This Season? / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 20th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.