Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census (16787 Views)

Mary Beth To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy Before You Go / Tinubu Promises To Abolish Parallel FOREX Market (Video) / BBNaija: CLO Tells Buhari To Abolish Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by lereinter(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
Innocent citizens are just surviving

Increase vat to 10%, remove subsidy at same time

No light No refinery

My hope is in Jesus Christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by nedu666: 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2023
I hve never heard where an increase in vat leads to increase in gdp. This finance minister is dull

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Adeleketoyin(f): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Obi

1.Was part of the PDP that used the same subsidy scam...even to a larger extent than APC.

2.Supports subsidy removal anyway.
I didn't know much about Obi but he wasn't in PDP during Jonathan's tenure.
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by yemi1504: 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
dre11:
Ahmed: FG to Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay to 2023 Elections, Census

Urges incoming administration to raise VAT to 10%

•Ghana phases out petrol subsidy

•FG: We are yet to harmonise position on palliatives after subsidy removal

•Approves Nigeria Agenda 2050

•Population census now to hold in May

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/16/ahmed-fg-to-abolish-petrol-subsidy-before-may-29-attributes-delay-to-2023-elections-census/

More inflation coming up! SMH
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Adeleketoyin(f): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
garykoeman:

Obi never expose anything he was part of the PDP govt that stole and stole.
I didn't know much about Obi but Obi wasn't a PDP member when PDP was in power.
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by yemi1504: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2023
adecz:

After the currency debacle, this is
The final torture APC wants to
inflict on Nigerians before Buhari's exit❗️❗️

Abi?
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by yemi1504: 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2023
brain54:
One last push/hardship…

From buhari before he leaves office. Parting gift I guess…

Wicked man!

Abi
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by brain54(m): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
yemi1504:

Abi
Yes na!

After 8 years in power. His government would be remembered for only the numerous hardships it brought Nigerians. Add his regime also as military president. He couldn’t even deliver a credible election.

Zero achievements after 8 years. And now his administration is over he wants to leave the final bomb that would explode Nigeria further. Nigeria hasn’t even recovered from the new naira policy.

Wetin…Buhara no get heart/compassion for the common man? A lot of people are struggling and all he does is think of more ways to double their hardship and pile it in them.

This has to be the worst president in Nigeria’s history. I doubt any future president can perform worse than he has.

Shame. I can’t wait for may 29th!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Trustedpronet: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2023
I'm not scared as long as jagaban is coming by may 29th....not scared

1 Like

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
Our President Elect, Asiwaju has promised to remove petrol subsidy, Bubu want to acts smart.

1 Like

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by chaloskyx: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2023
God bless APC for being the plague of the lord to Nigerians we must get sense by force carry on APC the natural disaster of all political parties in the world when you Nigerians are ready you would take control of your country

1 Like

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by DeOTR: 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
dre11:
Ahmed: FG to Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay to 2023 Elections, Census

Urges incoming administration to raise VAT to 10%

•Ghana phases out petrol subsidy

•FG: We are yet to harmonise position on palliatives after subsidy removal

•Approves Nigeria Agenda 2050

•Population census now to hold in May

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/16/ahmed-fg-to-abolish-petrol-subsidy-before-may-29-attributes-delay-to-2023-elections-census/

Please leave major decisions like this one for the incoming government. You had 8 years to remove the subsidy, but you decide to do so just 2 months to your regime expiration. It won't work. Tinubu should call Buhari to order.
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Brushstrokes20: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
The satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS unleashing its final lethal strokes!... But how many times will the lifeless scammer remove subsidy despite claiming that it is fraud and does not exist undecided
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Perfectbeing(m): 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
Adeleketoyin:
Peter Obi has exposed their scam. Now they want to retrace their steps.

Fuel Subsidy is a scam the Presidency use to enrich themselves.
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Presidential election don end o..🤣
And guess what?
Obi came a distant 3rd

Sha don't still blame Bubu when unsubsidised fuel sells for N350.
You applauded PO when he was pro subsidy removal so applaud Bubu for this too

1 Like

Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Checkings: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2023
Wouldn’t this lead to hike in fuel prices? What are y’all excited about
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by malkomchris: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2023
Very bad and Evil government, no good road, security, failed economy, no cash and now you want to remove subsidy
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by acorntree(m): 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
I trust Jagaban to utilise the subsidy money and also to initiate economic reforms that will increase our gdp and per capital income.
We shall see, jagaban will do this, jagaban will do that.

Im waiting to see how his regime will tackle fuel subsidy immediately he is sworn in. The present figure head at Aso rock will not do it, till he leaves in may. I'm also hoping on jagaban on how he tackle ASU strike when those Rais their ugly head likewise insecurity, banditry, economic problems, etc
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by homosapien(m): 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
[quote author=kayone2 post=121815396]#EndSARS is still fresh in our minds as we vote on Saturday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLAxgLSQsFE

Sanwo-Olu was used by his godfather against armless protesting Nigerian youths. On Saturday, we're replacing Sanwo-Olu with someone who won't tolerate the nuisance MC Oluomo creating, and unconditionally bring justice to all in Lagos State.

Elluu P from top to bottom[/quot

Propaganda and lie wont help you guys again, APC form top to Bottom. Since Obi wasn't the one who ordered, innocent Anambra youth to be killed like fowl, Sanwolu too didn't order anyone to be killed, because the killing happened on your wackiest imagination.
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Okoroawusa: 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
Racoon:
https://gazettengr.com/farooq-kperogi-same-old-cruel-lies-to-justify-fuel-price-hike/

After claiming "fuel subsidy is a fraud" the APC have ended bastardizing the meagre resources and the Nigerian economy by perpetuating the same fraud for the past 8 years. Everyone part of this criminal conspiracy ought to be rounded up and shot.
Nwanna, do you want to do this for another 8 years? Chekwayaeche o!
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by olaztek(m): 5:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Subsidy removal in Ghana was easier and better because they have steady power supply, but it will be worse in Nigeria because people will have to pay through their nose to get fuel to power their homes and businesses.

High inflation loading...
Business downfall loading...
Higher japa loading...
Relocating back to village loading....

I think 50% of the funds that would be saved via subsidy removal should be Channeled to stabilise electricity to reduce fuel cost for manufacturing companies and businesses.
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by yemi1504: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2023
brain54:

Yes na!

After 8 years in power. His government would be remembered for only the numerous hardships it brought Nigerians. Add his regime also as military president. He couldn’t even deliver a credible election.

Zero achievements after 8 years. And now his administration is over he wants to leave the final bomb that would explode Nigeria further. Nigeria hasn’t even recovered from the new naira policy.

Wetin…Buhara no get heart/compassion for the common man? A lot of people are struggling and all he does is think of more ways to double their hardship and pile it in them.

This has to be the worst president in Nigeria’s history. I doubt any future president can perform worse than he has.

Shame. I can’t wait for may 29th!

Exactly! He is the undisputed worst civilian President we have had! Just like you, I can't wait for May 29 but the last damage would have been done by then (subsidy removal) and will never be reversed by the incoming government no matter who it is!
Re: FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census by Venekconsultt: 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nigeria my country from vision2020 to 2050. The truth is the economy is not doing well and it will take time to recover due to loan servicing as well. Sha we hope for the best
InshaAllah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Debate Jonathan / Buhari’s The ‘Next Level’ - APC Roadmap Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Intrigues As APC Lawmakers Battle To Reclaim NASS Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.