Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) (462 Views)

‘Obidient’ Movement Helped Me Win FCT Senate Seat - Ireti Kingibe (Video) / Labour Party's Ireti Kingibe Unseats Philip Aduda To Win FCT Senatorial Seat / Philip Aduda is New Senate Minority Leader, Ahmad Lawan Announces Defections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) by SolutionsMed: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
The February 25 presidential and national assembly elections have been concluded. While the presidential is still in dispute, the Senate ticket for FCT is still attracting reactions.

The following are the factors that may have affected the re-election of Aduda, who has been in the National Assembly for 20 years as an indigenous candidate against Labour Party’s Ireti Kingibe.

Poor Service Delivery

Aduda did well to empower some of his kinsmen to be self-reliant. But his impact was not felt by millions of indigenous peoples in the rural areas of the FCT and the non-indigenes living with them. Towards election periods, bulldozers and sands are moved into sites of inner-roads in some of the suburbs without any substantial work and are moved away soon after.

With the acute poor road, water supply, healthcare and educational challenges in the FCT, Aduda did not attract enough of these facilities.

The Ministers of the FCT, who have always been appointed as administrators from outside the territory, only concentrate mega billion-naira projects like flyovers, street lights and urban renewal projects in the high-brow areas with no impact in the hinterlands.

INEC Ballot Paper Confusion

INEC contributed to the loss of Aduda. It is true that the native and non-indigenous populations of the FCT were overwhelming in support of the election of Peter Obi for the presidential ticket, some of them, however, wanted to retain Aduda in the Senate due to his experience. But INEC played a fast one on them by producing ballot papers with confusing colouration and tiny identification captions. INEC also removed the initials of the parties from the ballot paper which further confused many voters. Worse of all, INEC refused to insert the photograph of the various candidates alongside the logo on the ballot papers as is done in other African countries. All these omissions confused many voters both literate and non-literate and caused a serious Tsunami that affected some candidates. The right distinction was made by only few states like Nasarawa State.

Crave for Change

With the alarming condition of living of the FCT indigenes, many of the people wanted to test another form of representation. Senator-elect Kingibe promised to address these gaps for the natives, which will be a big win for them. So, the test of the pudding is in the eating. All eyes are now on her to help unravel the cog in the underbelly of the development aspiration of the FCT indigenes for so many years.
However, where she fails to deliver and the development gaps remain, it is important that the FCT indigenous population begin early to engage the non-indigenes and produce credible alternative candidate to seek the senatorial seat next time.

Re: 3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) by lhordspy: 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
Nah. Aduda, the Abj landlaord played a very bad game.

He was going about telling people to vote for Obi as president and him for senate. He is from a christian home, so just like 90% of you guys; he got too carried away by the religious-sentimental politics inplay.

Instead of campaigning for his party PDP. He was trying to act smart. When the time to vote arrived, the people just continue thumb printing for Labour party everywhere.
Man played himself.

But asides that Ireti has tried, from PDP, to APC, always contesting but coming short everytime. The people gave her sympathy votes. I know alot of people that voted for Tinubu as president and Ireti for senate. If i am an AbJ voter, she would definitely have got my vote. That is the only LP candidate i have sympathy for.
Re: 3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) by Ecos(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
Aduda is a thief

2 Likes

Re: 3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) by Millimann: 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2023
lhordspy:
Nah. Aduda played a very bad game.

He was going about telling people to vote for Obi as president and him for senate. He came from a christian home, so just like 90% of you guys; he got too carried away by the religious-sentimental politics inplay.

Instead of campaigning for his party PDP. He was trying to act smart. When the time to vote arrived, the people just continue thumb printing for Labour party everywhere.
Man played himself.

But asides that Ireti has tried, from PDP, to APC, always contesting but coming short everytime. The people gave her sympathy votes. I know alot of people that voted for Tinubu as president and Ireti for senate. If i am an AbJ voter, she would definitely have got my vote. That is the only LP candidate i have sympathy for.
This one has come again to spew nonsense.
Re: 3 Factors That Caused Philip Aduda’s Loss The FCT Senate Seat (photo) by tuniski: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
lhordspy:
Nah. Aduda, the Abj landlaord played a very bad game.

He was going about telling people to vote for Obi as president and him for senate. He is from a christian home, so just like 90% of you guys; he got too carried away by the religious-sentimental politics inplay.

Man played himself.

This is very untrue.

(1) (Reply)

u / APC Is Using Tribal Sentiments To Divide Igbo And Yoruba To Cover Up Their Flaws / Asiwaju Tinubu: A Man Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.