Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites (1177 Views)

How Do I Clear My ISP Dns Cache / How To Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin and increase your website speed. / Quiz Time : How To Bypass Cache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hello all,am quite stuck with a dilemma ,working on a school portal with Joomla by creating a component,however because of the intensive need of each database calls i decided to make use of the JCache a class in Joomla that caches pages,however am faced with a tricky situation as Page A for User A cached is also served to User B, which is a total disaster but disabling it increases Resources on the Database side,is there anyone who has solved this ish,tried Google but meant no answer anyone very Familiar with Joomla cache or Caching in general can point me in a right directions thanks all.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by ajaxify: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2011
This is one area that most webmasters dont get into: A: multisite, B: Cache
I have worked with both in the past, however i have not worked with Joomla Cache.

Generally, bursting out of cache legally usually involves masking the url a bit.

Por ejemplo, i have a multisite website like,

This is for site 1 (i know it looks a bit crazy)
.com/index.php?com=userpoints

And caramba, i use this for site 2 also
.com/index.php?com=userpoints

The elstupido cache did not know i am doing multisite, so what i can do is
to tweak my programming a bit, and make a plugin that alters the url a bit,

.com/index.php?com=userpoints&page=site1

.com/index.php?com=userpoints&page=site2

All that page=site1 - is just arbitrary - does not do anything to the programming,
but it makes the cache see it as a different page.
Also, things like google analytics, and google search engine can now tell the
difference between the 2 pages.

This method works with cacheing in general, both server sided, and browser-caches.

If you have worked extensively with *dhtml and ajax, you will realize we use this technique
for ajax also.

Let me see how it goes, i need some more details, but it is better if we chat.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2011
"caramba" no doubt this is dhtml, i will be online by sunday am not at home so my access to the internet is kinda limited but i got an idea from what you mentioned i can use session_id as a way of separating and retrieving individual caches, what i wanted to do was if a Student Logs in clicks on result to check his result upon the second click a cache copy should be served, but the issue i had was that Result for Student A was shown to Student B,but with your advice i can add an arbitrary data tot he url that does nothing but allows the caching to see as a seperate URL. i will post the outcome should i get it done. also why dem ban you left to me i think Nairaland should be consulting you. i think this will be my last Joomla 1.5 too much lack of features compared to Zend
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by ajaxify: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Zend is a framework, unlike Joomla. Sometimes, it is not always eazy to decide on what to use for a given job, sometimes you just use what you feel is best for you to use.
As for the originalmente *dhtml, hmmm, letz leave it like that for now - tis a case of No Retreat, No Surrender
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
Yes Zend is a framework Joomla has one but Mehn imagine having to do form validation from scratch or building forms,they are tasking just like the Drupal one u were refering to Zend Forms saves me time and stress, Joomla i have to do all from scratch. sad
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by ajaxify: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
i would ave done dis kinda stuff with drupal and reduce my code writing, drupal does have multisite support also. And has a very powerful framework that is easily extensible too.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by kalseo(m): 5:25am On Sep 18, 2011
This isn't easy to be done in Joomla, technically the best is to use Load Balancing Server + Server 1 + Server 2 . I think there was paid solution for this, try to search at Joomla official forum.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by ajaxify: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2011
That one no be eazy thing o - Load balancing across multiple servers eh? For this kinda situation, i will not recommend it (but that is just me sha).
Worst case scenario is to dump the joomla cache and use another cache - if the method i suggested fails.

Or to study how the Joomla cache really works.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2011
I have requested for more time, i decided to read more on Joomla Caching and discovered its more of what ajaxify/dhtml mentioned it caches either a page or a function but the issue stemmed from the function calling cuz i print directly from server,so it had no way of uniquely storing the response, so i have decided to either rewrite a class on Caching or using previous scripts. but left to me i think i would rather write my class since caching is just Output Buffering related and Time Modification of file. i was given two 2weeks to do a portal at least i tried cuz all the interface and forms didn't leave me much time for testing. but now ave been months so i can dive deep into it. i would dump Joomlas cache and use my own rather or Zend Cache if its not tied to another module.
Re: Joomla Cache And Multi-user sites by ajaxify: 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
Exactly, you are taking the write approach. You can read up tutorials on creating your own cache class, it is not that difficult,
just that you will need to tweak Joomla a bit, i cant go into much details here.

(1) (Reply)

[funny]404 Error Page[/funny] / Airtel Loan Awoof Credit / Remote Code Execution Vulnerability In PHP Still Unresolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.