Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s (417 Views)

4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months / Ugandan Govt. To Start Paying Civil Servants Daily / 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2023
If you have lived up to 30, you probably have already lived half of your entire productive life- dear friends, this is a wake-up call!

I’m in my 30s and I have realized that some things should be taking more of my attention so I can live the kind of life I want in my 40s and 50s.

If you miss paying attention to these things now, it might become harder to make some changes down the line of the ’40s and ’60s
Being in your 30s means it is time to pay lesser or no attention to some things, rather that you should begin to prioritize things such as:

1. Your health

We probably got away with some unhealthy lifestyle choices in our teens and twenties, but we might not be as lucky in our thirties. Cut down on white sugar and processed food, cut down on alcohol, take feedback from your body seriously, and nib the bud. Maintain a healthy weight.

2. Your Time

Are you spending your time building a life that you desire in your 40s and 50s? Are you creating room for more positive habits or living merely letting the time pass by?
The human body reaches its peak at age 25 and by age 30, the body begins to experience wear and tear as a result of stress and other lifestyle choices such as substance abuse.

The good news about being at this phase is that you become more mature and probably have well of experiences to draw from.
For some, the 30s is when they started their business, choose a life –partner, and know what works best for them.

Ironically, the 30s is also when the time begins to tick at its fastest. Therefore, you want to be mindful of how you spend it.
When time passes, you are the one passing by; the clock will always tick, but you, my dear friend won’t always be here. So use your time productively and as one of my favourite poets puts it
Cape Diem! (Seize the time!)

3. Your skills

In your 20’s you are allowed to test the waters, try out so many things and desire to be ‘everything’.
However, in your 30s you should have streamlined your talents and skills and carved a niche for yourself.
If you think you have no natural talents and skills (although this is not true) look out for a skill that interests you, learn it, bring it to mastery, get the right knowledge on how to turn it into a business, be consistent until you turn it into a money-making machine.

Sometimes, life challenges might take everything from you, and you might make a mistake, but you can always start again with the right set of skills you have acquired.

4. Investment Portfolio

It is okay to keep a paid job, what is not okay is you spending everything you earn. By 30, you should have kicked start an investment circle - earn-save-invest-returns-invest. This will come in handy in your retirement age or if you can’t work again due to unforeseen circumstances. Only invest in what you understand.

5. Your Earnings

Refuse to settle for low standards unless you are pals with low living standards. But not you my friend, you deserve a quality life; hence you must pay attention to how much you earn.
Build capacity to earn more by measures of acquiring payable skills, starting a business, investing in what you understand, real estate, going back to school or honing your talents, or having a side gig. In all, increase your net worth by expanding your earnings.

6. Your Network

We are all familiar with the popular maxim ‘you are the product of the people you spend your time with’ but not many of us have given this truth a thought. Do not be deceived, evil communication corrupts good manners.
The 30s are when you should have built a quality network of people or begun to build. A great network is not in its number; instead, it is in the quality and its impact on your life.

7. Your life -partner

Choosing who to marry is a matter-of-fact big issue. This one choice can send your life upward hill or downhill. It has the power to either build or destroy you. It also determines where you would be in the next 5 years from today.

Finally, being in your 30s is also when you should have the most fun. But your definition of fun is not the same as someone in their teens or twenties.

Instead, you should have fun by hanging out with quality people, traveling to new places, vacationing, learning a new language, picking up new hobbies, going to the movies or music, and sometimes eating out. You can have fun by spending quality time and expressing love to those who mattered most to you. These will help you create a work-life balance, and by the time you are in your 70’s you would realize that the decisions you took in your 30s paid well with good dividends.

Cheers, my friend!

Omidhe, Blessing
Writer, Speaker, Brand Manager & PRO

If you are in your 30s and you find this piece insightful, please like and share. Also, drop in the comment session things you started taking seriously in your 30s and how they have impacted your life.

Picture: me in my present-day 30s

4 Likes

Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by Ireportlive: 7:50am On Mar 18, 2023
Quite interesting
Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by squash47(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2023
Which kind picture u upload so. Like who just wake up from sleep 🧐

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2023
squash47:
Which kind picture u upload so. Like who just wake up from sleep 🧐

I find this quite funny and actually laughed..thank you for the feedback

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by tydi(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2023
Nice writeups
Something tells me you're in your late 40s /50s to have had such insights and experiences of what happens in the 30s.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by muyico(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2023
This update isnt for nigeria youths We ve it wrong alrdy
Re: Things You Should Start Paying More Attention To In Your 30s by SHIVA001: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2023
I don hear. Pay Attention to your Happiness and your Inclusiveness, Everyday of your Life. Children Are even more happier than adults. Whatever business you do. Make sure you save and invest. And increase your Earning power. Iree oo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

31 Emerging Areas Of Specialization In Psychology / Flow Station Production Process Operations / Flow Station Production And Process Control Practicals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.