Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,673 members, 7,865,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Beware Of Fake Job Offers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Fake Job Offers (228 Views)

5 Young Men Lured By Fake Job Offer Brutally Murdered By Mexican Drug Cartel / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Marine Engineer With Fake Job Promise / CAC Pastor Arrested For Scamming Church Members With Fake Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Fake Job Offers by Khadeejahfodio: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2023
Omo!
My people, my omo has been omoed.
Looking for a good job in Nigeria can be so hard, and life shouldn’t be this hard, tbh. Now imagine receiving an email from what appears to be reputable for a job offer with a wonderful salary and amazing fringe benefits, only to find out that the job is a big lie after responding to the mail with my personal and financial information. My accounts were hacked, and my bank details were used for fraud.

A lot of people fall victim to these fake job offer scams. For some, they are tricked into paying money before getting the job; in my case, I gave out my details, and not only was it used to defraud others, my money was also stolen. This experience has taught me the value of being cautious when looking for and accepting a job. Now, I advise everyone I meet to always be careful and take their time by doing their research before responding to any job offer, especially for those who promise heaven and earth. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Four People Killed In Shootings In Moultrie, Georgia, The United States / No US Citizen Was Killed In Anambra — Police / Bandits Demand N4 Million To Release Abducted NYSC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.