Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

- Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (8734 Views)

Woman Who Injected COOKING OIL Into Her Own Face After Doctors Refused To Give H / Over Pampering Of the̶̲̥̅̊ Nigerian Youth / Why Do Women/girls Refer To Themself As A B-i-t-c-h? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by EvilBrain1(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2011
I'm not married so I can afford a zero-tolerance policy for nagging, bîtching and all other forms of annoying female behavior. Any woman who tries it with me is going to get dumped before she even finishes talking. I try to be a nice guy and treat women with respect but I don't need anybody to be stressing my life. Living in Nigeria is stressful enough already.

There's no way I'll ever marry someone who can't read my mood and keep her mouth shut when appropriate but If my future wife nags, she's going to become my future ex-wife very quickly. I might be a little more patient because we're married but the principle is still the same. Getting a divorce may be difficult here because of nosy relatives, but if the prize is life-long peace of mind, then its more than worth it.
Re: by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2011
debrief08:

Richy that's the mistake pple make, " He Loves her" " Kids to consider" sooner or later she may take her violence to another level and his children will be without a father, seperate twmporary let her get help but if he loves her so much let him stay and continue to enjoy tear gas it only gets worse, if they do one thingg today and u let them, dey try something harder tmr. Talking from experience, violence doest start with flogging, its starts with a slap u let them then blow, u let them then punch, den flogging then choking then stabbing

We are all praying that God will take control.
She just has these jealousy rages because she loves her husband.
In fact she once threatened to report him to the EFCC because she saw him responding to greetings from a neighbours daughter.
However I hope God will change her because I do not think any mortal can deal/change such a person.
Re: by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2011
^^^That friend of yours will die young, if he keeps taking all the crap from that woman.
Re: by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2011
Re: by ojdollars(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2011
Richvkunt:

@Odunnu,
I have a friend who is married to a law enforcement officer.Her own style of domestic violence was to accuse my friend of sleeping with every girl in the neighbourhood.She would nag him at the top of her voice and accuse him of sleeping with girls whenever she was at work on night duty.
My friend dare not store the number of any female in his phone because his detective wife would scroll through the phone at the slightest chance and pick a fight with him.
To cut a long story short this went on for about five years of the marriage.
One day Mrs detective comes home and sees hubbys phone on the centre table.She scrolls through and sees a name that looks female in the phone and goes bonkers.She storms into the bedroom and before the husband could scramble out of bed shehas HANDCUFFED his wrist to her wrist and has brought out a cannister of teargas which she threatened to detonate if hubby does not cofess that he is having an affair.
It was crazy,in fact I had to go from my house to go and plead with this woman to set her husband free.
Now do you think this man can proudly stand up in public and say his wife abuses him physically on a regular basis?
A woman with a caustic tongue can be tolerated.but some take it to a higher level of domestic violence.
If the man strikes back,he is labelled a wife beater,and if he is silent like the man in the story above he is labelled a wimp!

@Richvkunt , A woman handcuff her Hubby and even threaten with Tear Gas. What a useless wife, let your friend get a divorce now or else na grave side he don near so. One bad wife is worst than witchcraft or anything else. Bad wife will make you so unprogressive. Forget kid story, love your kids, give them all and pay her off and take some time off. What a shame, nigerian women with bad mouth and lack of home training. When they go all about sleeping with different men and possessing different spirit from their intercourse they shamefully go all about having, they would come and take out their bad life and behavior on men. No wonder my brothers are very careful to marry, despite the way they are very wealthy and doing fine. They just ignore me and start gisting me about their friends wife. Recently a man from Edo State died sitting in his office in warri, because of bad wife, and their nag nag lifestyle as later confirmed by kids, a very rich man. People die everyday because of women. There is one thread about women's role and men's role I came accross on NL, but can't remember how that thread disappeared. Then Banker TITI husband killed her, everybody blame the man, do you people know what some men face at home? My Neighbour wife locks him outside if he comes home after 8pm, when their are other girls who are begging to be in a man's house. See listen, if your wife talk to you anyhow, just pack your bag, travel with your kids or give your kids enough money, you pack leave her. Forget about all this anyhow advise from this spoilt brat on nl here. A Bad wife will end your dream, you can't change her, she is like that, except you take the matters spiritually. They might be married to you and be nagging because their eye they outside. Another acct again, a woman was caught having sex with another man the day of her husband's burial rite, after she abuse the man till he died. God forbid, I hate women een, and thank God, I am loadedly loaded, so you can;t talk to me anyhow, not even my car self, cause u know ur papa nor get the kind car when I carry u always inside and the kind house u dey come. Anyway, I am angry, take me serious or not, is the truth.
Re: by claremont(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2011
If there is one thing that sickens me to the pit of my stomach, it is to spend my life with a verbally abusive partner. The mere thought of it sends cold shivers down my spine, I consider such people uncouth, vile, and morally bankrupt. The sad thing is that these kind of persons have perfected the art of hiding their true colours until they have finally ensnared a mate, and then they showcase their full inglorious nature to their unfortunate partners. If I were unfortunate enough to get married to such a devious person, I will not hesitate to pursue the divorce option with utmost vigour; life is too short to spend it with an abusive partner, tolerance of verbal abuse is not one of my strong points! angry
Re: by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2011
@chaircover, i agree, me sef know say i find trouble, but as a guy man wey i be, na 'i trust my woman i go sitdown dey talk'? Omo boy gat guide his asset, lol! Well against reoccurence, lets be factual as long as u are with ur partner issues will arise in different forms, be it nagging or caustic tongueing, but its ur attitude and approach in solving such issues that prevent against re-occurence.
Re: by ojdollars(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2011
True word Claremont. Na to marry a good virgin nai even better self, or pick a girl from the Villa and coach her better things than those old congimed prostitute when men call wife, dey show their harrasment of customers when blow and nor pay to the man when dem don enter house. Rubbish, I hate women.
Re: by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Sep 17, 2011
@Evil brain
Well said my brother. There's nothing more annoying than a nagging person. When it's a woman, it can send someone to his early grave. Some women have perfected this act. It's like they studied it in a school or something.

For me, any wife that suprises me with such uncouth behavior after marriage will be shown the exit. Without fear or favour.
Re: by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2011
Re: by 9to5365(m): 11:04am On Sep 17, 2011
To cure a nagging wife, you have to try a number of options:
Start with talkimg to her and try and make her see what's wrong.
When talking fails a few slaps sometimes works.
If she still doesn't get the message - spank her
finally if she is a devil's child divorce her before you die of stress or her.
Re: by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Sep 17, 2011
@chaircover
For me it will be a continous process or I'll stay out of the marriage thingy totally. Afterall I'm not a fan.
Re: by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2011
CC just the same question as how are we sure the next Mister won't be a wife beater? There re no guarantees, My Big Sister you won't value peace until you totally lack it. Do you know what it means to live with someone who makes u develop BP and instead of being sober and helping you get better the person adds Ucler to ur BP, my point is life is about happiness, you can find happiness alone or with someone, if you are with someone dat makes you miserable, sick and puts ur life at risk you continue to stay and get worse because you fear d unknown? Well instead of hoping for the worst, you are wiser now with your experience, look well and hope for the best. I know what it means to have ur heart racing anytime u hear someones voice and how u ve to walk on egg shells, watch everything u say or do so dat d person won't explode and make ur life hell for dat day or thru out dat week, and I know what it means to have peace, serenity and quiet and to be with someone who won't chew ur head off when u make mistakes. If you have a good home thank God but if you don't, you already live in constant fear but you can be bold enuf to take a chance, a chance that is risky can make u happy or can make u sadder but never let fear keep you in a hole of misery
Re: by mazaje(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2011
chaircover:

To all of you divorcing your nagging wives; just a thought, how do you know that the next Mrs wont be a nag too?

I am only asking o!

I have zero tolerance for a nagging or violent woman, violence will NEVER be tolerated and abuse of what ever form will not be condoned, I don't abuse and no body should abuse me, I left my job when former boss was always abusing me, she was a racist, I called her off in front of every body threw the papers in her face and left the office,now am much richer and better off because I left that office. . .Once I left my mum because she was so unbearable. . . .She complains TOOOO much and was verbally abusive. .She was very hot tempered at that time and doesnt know how to control herself. . . I left her when I was 21. . . .They called me and told me that my mum was sick and I told them that she is no longer my mum. . .When I came back we had a long talk, she  cried, apologized and changed, till today about 8 years later she has never raised her voice on me or insulted me no matter what I did, and I have done some crazy things. . . .Never knew that people could change completely until she changed. . . .

If I marry a woman and she changes into a nag or violent person after the wedding(most people change after the wedding that's when they reveal their true colors) she is leaving, if I marry another one and she also becomes a nag or an abusive person, she will also leave. . . .I know people that have been through 3  marriages and my life and the lives of others around are NOT better than theirs in any way. . .They are happy and are leading fulfilled lives even after 3 divorces. . . .Nothing new there. . . .No form of abuse or violence will be tolerated. . . .You try it you are out. . . .
Re: by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2011
CC Such a crazy woman should carry her craze away from any member of my family, If I hear say she poured acid on any family member of mine, she should just go and dig her grave and fall into it jejely before I get hold of her.

My father is a very quiet man, no time to talk or even answer eeediots, when my maternal Grand ma died we travelled down to naija 4 days before the burial. My mother being the first daughter was busy inside crying and killing herself. just for me to see one woman (wey my own mother even senior), talking to my father like she was talking to one small boy because of the coffin he bought. I was with Kadry then, he just held onto my hands cos he know say If I catch that woman, her own don finish angry. The woman kept talking and my quiet old man was just ignoring her and trying to avoid any trouble that will erupt on the burial day. The silly woman kept going on and on and even the same Kadry that held my hands, let go of it immediately and that was the only sign/go ahead I needed to approach her. When I got to her, I wasn't interested in what happened, my dad saw me and told me to go inside, for where? undecided I ignored him and started with the woman, I was willing to break someone's head that day. See me talking to her and poking her forehead with my finger,giving her serious warning that if I hiaaaaaa "Wehn" you go see ya self today. I swear , I was willing to fight that day and break my high heel shoes on her head, infact I wanted to drag her aside and beat the crace comot for her body If not for the village Chief and Kadry that came to drag me away, if not, one of us for visit hospital. Anumanu. What arrant nansense. angry

Even my own mother have never spoken to my dad that she's been to for over 4 decades like that, e come be one village champion. Arrrrrggg
Re: by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2011
@debrief, i agree with u to an extent, but me personally aint an apostle of divorce, dats why apart from love,love, one needs to have a serious talk on ur likes and dislikes before signing d contract.
Re: by claremont(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2011
chaircover:

To all of you divorcing your nagging wives; just a thought, how do you know that the next Mrs wont be a nag too?

I am only asking o!
I have always been a fan of long-term partnerships, rather than marriage. Marriage is grossly overrated anyway!
Re: by HISchild: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
we pray for the grace of GOD to endure, because GOD "is an ever present help in times of trouble", truly! with HIS help, we love our spouse more and more, even the more they rebel and/or nag (just as The Lord JESUS CHRIST loves HIS eternal church),

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" - Ephesians 5:25

"Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." - Colossians 3:19

correcting them as peaceably as possible as the head of the house. -
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children," - Titus 2:4

"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." - Ephesians 5:23

so, also -

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." - Ephesians 5:22 (and Colossians 3:18).
Re: by BabaEleko(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
[size=32pt]Any woman wey talk rubbish abeg punch am for mouth jare. By the time she become regular customer for Dr. Who office she go learn her lesson.[/size]
Re: by ojdollars(m): 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
wrongly posted.
Re: by komek(m): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
my frnd ones told me that is better to hide ursef in a corner of ur roof under the hot sun (u hw hot its going to be ), than staying in thesame house wif a nagging wife, imediately i hear am,afraid catch me, so its that bad?**
I beliv some marriages ar like prodts that has expiry dates, its expected that when a prodt expires,u just throw it away and get smtin new or diff cos it cud be harmful.its expected dat when a marriage expires,u shud let go of it or else other things might come out of it, hw wud u be in a marriage and one woman wil nag u 2 death.OGHENE REJECT,
Re: by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
So how can you spot a troublesome woman? cheesy
I know one way. Most of those girls that are quick to say they prefer male friendships to female grin. It's funny to me because it's the most troublesome women who say such most of the time. grin grin
Re: by kabukabu(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2011
Zero tolerance absolutely for violence, wether its a man hitting his wife or vice versa, and voilence includes verbal abuse, if your husband or wife verbally abuses you, time to leave, life is too short to deal with stress from work,school and the person who is "suppossed" to have your back. grin

Its 2011,no woman or man should tolerate any kind of abuse or medtiation by family, because once an abuser, always an abuser.
Re: by duduspace(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Sisi_kill

Good suggestions up there and very realistic cos it shows that it takes 2 to tango as well as 2 to make peace.
I don't only abhor violence but feel bad even when I engage in a bit of verbal abuse with the person who should be closest to my heart, domestice violence of any kind physical, verbal is not right though I dare say that some are used to it and may even want it.

My experience though has been that women generally don't play fair in following those rules of yours, particularly in terms of keeping the quarrel/fight relevant, by nature most women are emotion driven and not logical so the very idea of relevance in a fight does not come into play at all (not implying for once it is all women which is why when you find that special person who makes your life a heaven, you hold on tight and don't mess it up with a wandering eye).

In such instances after following those rules of yours and getting no where, I just switch off, anyone who willfully chooses to make my life a living hell when I'm trying so hard to exercise restraint doesn't deserve to be in it. At least for that moment in time.
Re: by minute(f): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
1. You keep your hands off her.

2. Take out the garbage and watch her go into shock and shut her mouth.

3. Then put all your dirty clothes in the hamper or clothes basket- bet her mouth is still shut.

4.Now make a date to to take her to dinner and giver her money for a manicure and pedicure
and l bet you get lucky real fast.

Women are not that hard to deal with.
Re: by JBL316: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2011
Put the caustic tongue inside acid, e go neutralise am. Chemistry 101
Re: by Outstrip(f): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
I know this guy that bad mouths his wife so much he once called her aka nkita. He said her face looked like the hand of a dog. This is the one he said publicly. Only God knows what he said in private. I know another woman that would basically berate her husbands goals and dreams and now the man is doing well. When he was struggling everybody kept hearing how he was a lazy idle man. Imagine having to listen to that forever all in the name of being married. I think the only thing that can change abuse of any kind is first for the abuser to acknowldge that they have a problem and then getiing some professional help
Re: by Johndoe100(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2011
This is what the koran says about women and discipline:

Q 4:34 "Men are d maintainers of women, for that Allah has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have spent of their wealth. Righteous women are obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. Those from whom you fear rebellious, admonish them and desert them in the bed and smack them (without harshness). Then, if they obey you, do not look for anyway against them. Allah is High, Great"

Q 2:223 "Women are your planting place (for children); come then to them as you please and forward (good deeds) for your souls, and fear Allah. Allah know that you shall meet him. Give glad tidings to the believers.

So Who do you believe? Some old azz witches or God?
Re: by Thirst4Lif: 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
In answer to the OP's question, first and foremost, choose your mate carefully and allow yourself

time to get to know the individual before marriage. This is why I'm a proponent of lengthy courtships

and engagements. It gives you, both men and women, time to witness how an individual reacts to certain situations. My advice

to women, if a man proposes marriage within a short period of time, Beware!!

He may be rushing you to the altar before you become aware of the man he really is. And more than likely,

this is intentional. Where women are concerned, the poster 'Minute' gave very good advice. I'm bothered by the

fact you used the word 'discipline' in your post. You can't successfully discipline an adult. There are laws against such actions.  

Sit down and talk to your mate to find out why his or her tongue is 'caustic', as you say.  That's how adults handle these situations.

Only children are allowed to throw temper trantrums and strike out in anger. And it's even frowned upon in a child. Think and act

as a mature adult, which does not include hitting and screaming.
Re: by Thirst4Lif: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2011
We really should be mindful of WHEN the Koran and the Bible were written. Times have greatly changed, thank Goodness!

Women were no more than cattle during the time these books were composed. Today, women are heads of households,

in a great many cases, working outside the home to help with the upkeep and maintenance of the family. Whose fault is that!!!

Man's or woman's? Why were the Koran and the Bible not followed in those cases? But when it comes to striking a woman,

THEN some of you want to regurgitate portions of the Koran and the Bible to support your argument. This is laughable. Perhaps if men did

THEIR jobs women would be more likely to follow their lead!!
Re: by birdman(m): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
minute:

1. You keep your hands off her.

2. Take out the garbage and watch her go into shock and shut her mouth.

3. Then put all your dirty clothes in the hamper or clothes basket- bet her mouth is still shut.

4.Now make a date to to take her to dinner and giver her money for a manicure and pedicure
and l bet you get lucky real fast.

Women are not that hard to deal with.

Guys, this is horrible advice. Rewarding bad behavior is never the way to go. You are indirectly telling your partner you are a doormat, and you can expect her to keep doing the same. You have the right to expect a certain level of maturity from your partner, including the maturity to change when confronted with her bad habits.
Re: by God2man(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
You can remain calm. You can have a private meeting together where issues will be analysed and resolved. You can admit your imperfections and apologize. You can move closer to her, and allow the body language to settle the crisis. You can turn it to a joke. You could make her laugh. God will teach you the rest. Above all, wisdom is profitable in all things. You need the correct application of knowledge, which is wisdom, to resolve crisis in the home. God help us all. God bless you. God2man. You can remain calm. You can have a private meeting together where issues will be analysed and resolved. You can admit your imperfections and apologize. You can move closer to her, and allow the body language to settle the crisis. You can turn it to a joke. You could make her laugh. God will teach you the rest. Above all, wisdom is profitable in all things. You need the correct application of knowledge, which is wisdom, to resolve crisis in the home. God help us all. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Household Items On Sale at Majek,Ajah axis (pics Included) / How Many Of You Speak Pidgin To Your Parents? / Help Me With Pretty Igbo Names To Flatter A Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.