Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,252 members, 7,860,582 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. (331 Views)

Do Northerners Follow Their Leaders Or Vote According To Their Conscience? / SW Votes Buhari & Demand Accountability, Far Better Than Voting GEJ & Excusing I / Let's Make Nigeria Great Again Vote According To Your Conscience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Jokerman(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2023
I think voting according to your state of origin should be implemented over voting where you live.

This will curb the issue of tribalism. If you want to participate in voting again, simply travel to your state and vote.

I'm an Osun man, and I live on Lagos. When it's time to vote, I simply have to travel to my state and vote.

This in turn will make Osun state see progress and proper voting patterns, and bring about the needed changes in each state of the federation.

If you cannot travel back to your state , then simply stay Home anywhere you find yourselves, because if not this issue of tribalism will not stop and the politicians and their agents will keep exploiting the people.

Remember most people won't even allow their dead to be buried in an alien state in Nigeria. An Ondo man will tell you, take my corpse to my father house, don't Bury me in Lagos or Benin.

Most people will now start taking their states into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by StreetFight: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
Yes nah.

Buhari left Abuja and went to Daura to vote. Rotimi Amaechi left Abuja and went to Rivers to vote. Yemi Osinbajo left Abuja and went to Ijebu to vote, even Peter Pandora Giringori Obituary left Lagos for Anambra to go and vote, please tell Emeka and Chukwuma to also go to Onitsha to vote. That is patriotism.

I am not interested in who governs Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi or Anambra, Igbos too should not try to determine who governs Yoruba land, if not, it will continue to be bloody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by N3TRAL: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
The major politicians vote in their States of origin.

Politics in Africa is local.

1 Like

Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Mikeloo: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jokerman:
I think voting according to your state of origin should be implemented over voting where you live.

This will curb the issue of tribalism. If you want to participate in voting again, simply travel to your state and vote.

I'm an Osun man, and I live on Lagos. When it's time to vote, I simply have to travel to my state and vote.

This in turn will make Osun state see progress and proper voting patterns, and bring about the needed changes in each state of the federation.

If you cannot travel back to your state , then simply stay Home anywhere you find yourselves, because if not this issue of tribalism will not stop and the politicians and their agents will keep exploiting the people.

Remember most people won't even allow their dead to be buried in an alien state in Nigeria. An Ondo man will tell you, take my corpse to my father house, don't Bury me in Lagos or Benin.

Does that mean that if I work in Lagos, I should pay my tax to Oyo State where I am from since I will be voting there and decide the next government. I don't think democracy is working for us tbh. I will rather advocate for us to look at what type of system works for us than copying the Western world.

It is also safe to say that we should adopt our place of birth as state of origin rather than choosing our parents place of origin. This may help to reduce the issue to tribal attack. Take for example, if you give birth in the US or Canada that child automatically becomes its citizen irrespective of parents' origin

1 Like

Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Hoelujohn: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jokerman:

The military rule will be a better alternative than the rubbish you just wrote. So someone like Sanwo Olu should go to Ijebu and vote. You don mad
Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Johnjustice: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Jokerman(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hoelujohn:

The military rule will be a better alternative than the rubbish you just wrote. So someone like Sanwo Olu should go to Ijebu and vote. You don mad

Lol... my brother... this your table... grin
Re: Vote According To Your State Of Origin Better Than Voting Where You Live. by Jokerman(m): 11:16am On Mar 19, 2023
With this way, you can actually vote and support good leaders... because let's face it, any place that's not your home town, you are actually a visitor...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Illusion Called One Nigeria / Voting System For Nigeria Which Will Deliver Free & Fair Elections / Ayu Has Come To Stay For The Next 4 Years In Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.